Hiit

borneagain

borneagain

Awards
Just wanted to know your thoughts on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). How successful were you in maintaining muscle mass while stripping away body fat utilizing this method?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
HIIT is a great for fat loss and body composition. I incorporate both HIIT and ST (steady state intensity) fot fat loss and have great success with it.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I use HIIT when I don't have that much time, and for variety. I also do low-intensity cardio for longer when I want to get some studying done on the elliptical. They complement eachother well.

For taking the fat off, I like HIIT, or morning jogs with some BCAA's before.

borneagain

borneagain

Awards
OCCFAN023 - what is this steady state intensity you speak of? How is this different from HIIT? Is this low intensity for a longer period of time - meant to tap into your fat stores?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
yea its a steady heart rate in a lower zone for an extended time (typically 65% hr anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.) Theres a lot of debate over which is better for fat loss but imo if both are employed you get the benefits of both.

bigrabbit

Awards
Cutting is weight loss so thus Hiit is great for Cutting... Many Pro's use this method as.... Personally i find it to be one of the best things out there as far as bb is concerned!!!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Cutting is weight loss so thus Hiit is great for Cutting... Many Pro's use this method as.... Personally i find it to be one of the best things out there as far as bb is concerned!!!
cutting = fat loss :D