- 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
- 04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
HIIT is a great for fat loss and body composition. I incorporate both HIIT and ST (steady state intensity) fot fat loss and have great success with it.
- 04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I use HIIT when I don't have that much time, and for variety. I also do low-intensity cardio for longer when I want to get some studying done on the elliptical. They complement eachother well.
For taking the fat off, I like HIIT, or morning jogs with some BCAA's before.
04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
OCCFAN023 - what is this steady state intensity you speak of? How is this different from HIIT? Is this low intensity for a longer period of time - meant to tap into your fat stores?
04-11-2008, 04:00 PM
yea its a steady heart rate in a lower zone for an extended time (typically 65% hr anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.) Theres a lot of debate over which is better for fat loss but imo if both are employed you get the benefits of both.
04-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Cutting is weight loss so thus Hiit is great for Cutting... Many Pro's use this method as.... Personally i find it to be one of the best things out there as far as bb is concerned!!!
04-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Rican4lfe in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:04 AM
- By b18cyaaa in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2009, 11:35 PM
- By lightemup in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
- By CorpKiller in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2007, 11:54 AM
- By Changing in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2005, 02:44 PM