How much fat???

griller88

griller88

Awards
I am eating lots of protein, mostly shakes but also red meat. How much fat should I be getting. A 10oz steak has 163 grams of fat. Is that right?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what type of steak your eating but any steak you eat should not have 163 grams of fat in it (That would be 1467 calories from the fat content alone.)

Either way a pretty standard fat intake is around 20% of your total caloric intake.

Also try to get in as much whole foods as you can and don't rely on shakes for the majority of your nutritional protein.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the diet. Eating lower carb, 20% fat would be a very bad idea. However the higher the carbs, the lower the fat. Just don't eat very low fat either way. You need fat for hormones and to repair cell membranes, as well as providing a great fuel source and anabolic signal to muscles.

griller88

griller88

Awards
Thanks, my claorie intake has gone way up in the past few weeks. Does creatine or glutamine make you hungry. I have always been a hard gainer, now I am eating like crazy. I am 38 and starting to get a belly. I am eating good food now though, not junk.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what type of steak your eating but any steak you eat should not have 163 grams of fat in it (That would be 1467 calories from the fat content alone.)

Either way a pretty standard fat intake is around 20% of your total caloric intake.

Also try to get in as much whole foods as you can and don't rely on shakes for the majority of your nutritional protein.
:goodpost:

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There's no way 10 oz. of steak has 163g of fat. 10 oz is about 284g TOTAL. If you trim the edge fat, you can get it down to 10-15g np.