Appetite problem!!

james866

Awards
Hello

I'm trying to go with this whole clean bulk thing.... but i have a big problem. My goal is about 3000-3500 calories per day, but i can only hit probably 2000-2500. My appetite just really sucks. I get hungry, but i find it hard to get a decent size meal in every 3 hours or so, I get about halfway through say meal 3, for example, and almost throw up because I'm so full. The problem is meal 3 would only be a chicken breast and a cup of veg. It seems like my last meal is still in my stomach 3 hours later, so I'm always full when it's time for my next meal.

This happens with almost all my meals, just cant seem to eat as much as id like. Id say my diet is alright, i just cant seem to stuff enough food in, i just feel sick!! I find i don't digest my meals that well either, get stomach aches a bit... just from all the food sitting in my guts.

What can I do?? I know some PH's increases appetite, don't really want to go down this path until I'm ready. I'm taking tribulus at the moment, about 2 weeks in, don't know if that helps or hinders, but i defiantly feel better than i did 2 weeks ago! I love tribulus :)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Check out Gut Health by RPN, it will help you digest your foods. Anabolic Pump may help with appetite too if that continues to be an issue. You could also try more calorie dense foods such as whole eggs, whole milk, Peanut Butter and other nuts etc.

james866

Awards
Ok cool. So the gut health thing is probably pro-biotic's? as in extra good bacteria to break down food in the gut. I did think of this and will look into it.

The other thing is im big time lactose intolerant, and that rules out whey as well. Im taking rice protien instead, and as it's BV% is probably not up to whey, i chuck in some eggs (1 or 2, raw) and some flax seed oil. It's these shakes that make me feel so full though!! Might get some more natty PB too.

Might grab some of that gut health stuff :)

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
force yourself, not everyone here enjoys eating all this 4000 calories or even more.

either that or find variety in your meals. diet boredom believe it or not contributes alot to "appetite loss"
and PH's dont really increase appetite at all. many people have been having problems eating enough even on PH's.

heck some people lose their appetite while on PH's

james866

Awards
Oh well there you go! I thought i read some where once that epiquose or boldernone (the horse vet one) makes you hungry lol. But I guess thats AAS not PH! oh, and I am trying to force myself, it's hard to swallow when you feel so full your gonna chunda :)

The crazy thing is my appetite used to be too big, when i was younger (like 10-17) and i used to get fat easy because i was lazy. now I have the opposite problem! I gotta admit though, I'm going through a tough time at the moment with life n s***, I think stress/mild depression can affect appetite as well?

oh well ill keep trying :food:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking in enough liquids with your meals? I know if I eat too much and don't drink enough water I feel more "stuffed" then usual. Just a thought. Enzymes are definitely worth looking into though.

tattoopierced1

i read somewhere on here where adding some apple vinegar to 8oz of water can help as well..

warren

Awards
hi mate i was in the same boat about 2 month ago but now i munch threw 4300cals per day at 178lbs, there is a few tricks which works for me.

number 1 rule for me to people in our pos is IF YOU CANT EAT IT DRINK IT.

get a blender 150g oats 500ml milk scoop of protien there is 600-700 ckals
also do this in a larger way , make a massive shake wort 1000kcals+ and just SIP it throughout the day. the more you eat the more your stomach expands so the next day you will manage more . i eat my kcals easy now mate

good luck warren

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
Yea I think we've all been thru this. I'll tell you what invest in a blender. It's helping me big time you drink a good mixture oats, pb , and protein powder of ur choice and ur good to go. I like to throw a banana in some strawberries but I've put on almost 5lbs in as many days since owning the damn thing. It gets hard jamming all that food down your throat I know, however it does get a little easier. And you were right the second time it's certain AAS that helps with ur appetite. I've also seen a supplement called Black hole thats supposed to help u eat more but IDK. I'm just trying to do it on my own. But I heard the exact same thing eat,eat, and then eat some more. As far as training goes yea I would stick with the low reps heay weight idea. I'm actually doing the 5x5 training too def. helps with strength increases and that will help with ur bulking too however don't wanna sound like a broken record but u have to eat. Thats the best advice I can offer on this subject, invest in a blender and there are some pretty good recipes for homemade shakes on here. Oh yeah don't worry about eating fatty foods every once in awhile either like pizza, just don't go overboard w/it.

james866

Awards
Thanks very much for the tips! I'll defiantly get a blender. Now i think about it it wouldn't be that hard to make a shake that's 800-1000cal once you include flax oil, bit of natty pb! I'll just keep trying to stretch the stomach a bit. Im going to get some pro-biotics today anyway, they supposedly help with protein absorption, and i don't want to waste any. oh and some BCAA's but thats another story :)

Ok thanks guys! :food: