hardgainers and calorie intake

99vorsi

99vorsi

Awards
I'm currently hitting a wall at 155 and my muscles dont seem to be getting any bigger. I eat about 1500 low calorie diet. I know thats a problems but I'm 5'5 155???

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
you answered your own question. Eat more and you will grow.

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
dude i am a skinny guy too but i can eat 1500 calories in 1 freekin meal. you need to be eating 3500 to 5000 EVERY DAY. EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. have a piece of freekin food in your hand 24/7. make your own weight gainer shakes and hit the weights hard and get plently of sleep. its an easy a$$ equation to gain weight you just got to do what you got to do in order to do it! good luck man.

99vorsi

99vorsi

Awards
thanks, a lot for the info.

Also is there any certain food that contains a **** load of calories but not alot of fat calories??

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am a hardgainer like yourself. I think a lot of the time, hardgainers just don't have the same appetite as the naturally bigger guys. Consequently, it is good to shoot for foods that have a higher calorie density. That way you don't fill up so easily. You still have to plan your meals, just include the higher denisty foods.

Low fat foods don't fall into this category. Red meat, natural peanut butter, and avocado are examples of foods with good fat and higher calories. Starchy carbs like rice, oats, and potato (reg, sweet, yams), are higher calorie density carb sources. Of course don't forget the veggies but don't overdo it with them.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
thanks, a lot for the info.

Also is there any certain food that contains a **** load of calories but not alot of fat calories??
Chicken Breast, Whole Wheat Pasta, Wild Rice, Skim Milk..

Avacdos are very calorie dense too.

Try some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Good stuff. They are fats but they are very good for you.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Dude if you are a hard gainer you probably will not be if you eat adequately. How are you only eating 1500 cals a day?!? Double to triple that and you'll see results. Try reading the labels and adding up the calories/protein/carbs throughout the day, it helps to keep you on track for bulkin imo.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am a hardgainer like yourself. I think a lot of the time, hardgainers just don't have the same appetite as the naturally bigger guys. Consequently, it is good to shoot for foods that have a higher calorie density. That way you don't fill up so easily. You still have to plan your meals, just include the higher denisty foods.

Low fat foods don't fall into this category. Red meat, natural peanut butter, and avocado are examples of foods with good fat and higher calories. Starchy carbs like rice, oats, and potato (reg, sweet, yams), are higher calorie density carb sources. Of course don't forget the veggies but don't overdo it with them.
My appetite goes up as I get bigger.When I first started eating all the time,I couldn't imagine eating any more.But as you get bigger your metabolism speeds up and you burn the food faster.