vein is going to explode

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
on the inside of my elbow, like where my bicep meets my forearm, when i get a good pump going this vein hurts so much it feels like its going to burst. on the flip side, the muscle that is on the top of my arm (opposite of my forearm) is getting really really hard!

anyone experienced this? or know if its normal or dangerous?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are many veins in that area. It's called a pump; you're fine...

JayCut

Banned
Awards
does it hurt bad or pop back and forth when you preacher curl

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
does it hurt bad or pop back and forth when you preacher curl
its excrutiating. it doesnt move it just feels like the pressure inside is really hard. its probly like rodja said, just a good pump

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
looks to me as if your bis are just getting to big...:toofunny:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Its just in an awkward spot....

no offense man, but by looks of the avi, you got some time before you burst any veins...Just think of the pros...exactly.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
im not saying its going to burst necessarily im just saying it gets sooo hard and hurts alot to where i have to switch my lift untill the pain goes away.....doesnt usually last more than 1-2 minutes at a time but happens when im do my high rep med weight sets

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yea it gets hard casue it engorged with blood for the pump that you want and feel. The walls are not hard, at least they shouldnt be at your age.

So do what you can but i live by the saying at the gym...
"It hurts sooo good."

The pump is one of the best and worst feelings. ie back pumps will blow your mind at how annoying and painful they can get. Arm, chest, shoulder, quad pumps, i love them and strive for them.

Good luck.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I don't care if I ever feel a lower back pump again in my life. That stuff is horrible and is very distracting when trying to train.

Other than being physiologically beneficial, the pump is a great motivator.

yea it gets hard casue it engorged with blood for the pump that you want and feel. The walls are not hard, at least they shouldnt be at your age.

So do what you can but i live by the saying at the gym...
"It hurts sooo good."

The pump is one of the best and worst feelings. ie back pumps will blow your mind at how annoying and painful they can get. Arm, chest, shoulder, quad pumps, i love them and strive for them.

Good luck.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe it's from taking too many photos where you push your biceps out with the back of your hands. Do your hands swell when doing high rep medium weight sets too?

...on the flip side, the muscle that is on the top of my arm (opposite of my forearm) is getting really really hard!
?
Is it only occurring on one side? Chances are it's the direct cause of a problem known as chronic masturbation, aka CM's disease. Commonly seen in virgins and anti-social males in their late teens who spend to much time on the internet.

I'm only teasing brother :) In all seriousness you are most likely developing strength before your tendons, ligaments etc. have become accustomed to the weights you are lifting. It's completely normal and the best thing you can do is make sure you're diet is on track and ensure you are getting plenty of rest!

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
wow the more i read that the more pissed off i was getting.

thanks for the info.

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
CM's disease is a biatch.....not that i would know....:whiner:

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe it's from taking too many photos where you push your biceps out with the back of your hands. Do your hands swell when doing high rep medium weight sets too?

Is it only occurring on one side? Chances are it's the direct cause of a problem known as chronic masturbation, aka CM's disease. Commonly seen in virgins and anti-social males in their late teens who spend to much time on the internet.
That is some good $h!t!Sorry little drummer boy,but it is.......now i'm teasing...........I love this thread

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, the threads I look at sometimes (scratches head) I've got to get a new life.....................................................

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
lmao. yall are just bein brutal on here. i didnt take that pic pushin my biceps out on purpose....was just comfy. yes thats my story. yes im stickin to it. and no, not CM's disease. but thnx for tryin.

i was asking an honest question because there are ALOT of people that know more than me. i know yall are just messin with me, but it hurts :,-(

lol anyways. i figured it out. i only get that huge pump when im doin priest curls with 10 second negatives. i love it now that i know its good.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Again, teasing. Good to hear you're back on track now brother. Hope all goes well :)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lmao. yall are just bein brutal on here. i didnt take that pic pushin my biceps out on purpose....was just comfy. yes thats my story. yes im stickin to it. and no, not CM's disease. but thnx for tryin.

i was asking an honest question because there are ALOT of people that know more than me. i know yall are just messin with me, but it hurts :,-(

lol anyways. i figured it out. i only get that huge pump when im doin priest curls with 10 second negatives. i love it now that i know its good.
If you're from Tx,what part?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Everything is in good fun Drummer.

Cub ~ that that actually made me laugh out loud.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the greater houston area. you from tx?
Denton.When i go up north prople always make fun of "ya'll."If you say what do ya'll want to drink,they will be like "well i'm having a pop,idk what their having though"It's like yeah i know,thats why i just asked everyone of you with one question.It means you all which isn't far off from you guys.I'll have to start saying "well she's not a guy" when they say you guys.It's so stupid.

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey I used to live in Austin ya'll yeemofukinhaaawww!!!!!!!!!!!!

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
lmao pantera. im originally from South Dakota. its fun to notice the cultural differences. but i know what ur saying lol

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lmao pantera. im originally from South Dakota. its fun to notice the cultural differences. but i know what ur saying lol
My mom and dad were born in wisconsin and moved down here just before i was born.Their family still live up their though.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
on the inside of my elbow, like where my bicep meets my forearm, when i get a good pump going this vein hurts so much it feels like its going to burst. on the flip side, the muscle that is on the top of my arm (opposite of my forearm) is getting really really hard!

anyone experienced this? or know if its normal or dangerous?
Drink grape juice as a preworkout carb source and hopefully it'll help vein elasticity. Either that or vodka or red wine.

Something to thin the blood or reduce inflammation might lessen the pain. My pumps are just as good if not better when I take garlic preworkout, yet my biceps are less painful with the same pump. Go figure.

Oh yeah, I've also started to split up bicep workouts between brachialis-focused and short head-focused. And I NEVER do bicep/tricep in the same day. The pump is too painful and serves only as a hindrance to training.

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
Drink grape juice as a preworkout carb source and hopefully it'll help vein elasticity. Either that or vodka or red wine.
Yep, drink vodka. LOTS and LOTS of vodka before you work out, hopefully this helps you out

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GreenTempo, please stop giving out the wrong advice. Two bottles before training is the maximum he should consume. You should know better :nono:

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep, drink vodka. LOTS and LOTS of vodka before you work out, hopefully this helps you out
Yeah, let me specify. A tall glass of orange juice with a shot of vodka should be enough to provide benefits without any coordination and balance problems when training.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
lol well now that im working out on a regular schedule again im not getting any vein bursting pains anymore....but i hope i do again when i get my AN stack in =D

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol well now that im working out on a regular schedule again im not getting any vein bursting pains anymore....but i hope i do again when i get my AN stack in =D
I was under the impression that there was a difference between a nice full pump and a vein bursting pain. The latter of which isn't desirable. But I guess I'm wrong.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
im not saying there isn't a difference, im just saying im not getting the same pump as i was a couple weeks ago....in fact, im not getting too much of a pump right now. i think im going to up my reps...