3 shakes a day?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Is 3 shakes a day to much?

I'm getting roughly 2 solid meals a day, more on my days off from work.

A standard shake i make roughly includes:

Frozen fruits (mango/blueberries/summer and winter fruits)
oats
soya nuts
pumpkin seeds
1 banana
honey
REFLEX instant bulk 2 scoops
2 egg whites
orange juice
peanut butter
some sort of dried fruits

morning afternoon and night. egg whites are usually just in the morning.

I work around 40-60hours a week, most of the time i'm not able to have 5/6 solid meals a day so i've turned to my blender! Anyone have any suggestions? 2 much?2 little? more solids needed?

on my days off and when i can have proper meals i'll have either steak/chicken/tuna/turkey.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Is 3 shakes a day to much?

I'm getting roughly 2 solid meals a day, more on my days off from work.

A standard shake i make roughly includes:

Frozen fruits (mango/blueberries/summer and winter fruits)
oats
soya nuts
pumpkin seeds
1 banana
honey
REFLEX instant bulk 2 scoops
2 egg whites
orange juice
peanut butter
some sort of dried fruits

morning afternoon and night. egg whites are usually just in the morning.

I work around 40-60hours a week, most of the time i'm not able to have 5/6 solid meals a day so i've turned to my blender! Anyone have any suggestions? 2 much?2 little? more solids needed?

on my days off and when i can have proper meals i'll have either steak/chicken/tuna/turkey.
i work as many hours as you do, so i went through what you might be going through right now. not having enough time to eat properly at work, due to the kind of job i do and the timei'm there. so before i go any further i need to ask...do you have access to a microwave? do you have access to a cooler or a refridge?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Its not that 3 shakes a day is too much, I usually have about the same. The thing is, you are only getting 2 solid meals and that is not enough. If times are tough I can understand but there is almost always a way to bring some solid food with you whereever you can bring a shake.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Its not that 3 shakes a day is too much, I usually have about the same. The thing is, you are only getting 2 solid meals and that is not enough. If times are tough I can understand but there is almost always a way to bring some solid food with you whereever you can bring a shake.
that's where i was going with my questions. i am never able to take a proper lunch, a sit down and relax lunch. so i spend about 2 hours on Sunday and make my lunch for the week in a crock pot and split it into 4 lunches.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
that's where i was going with my questions. i am never able to take a proper lunch, a sit down and relax lunch. so i spend about 2 hours on Sunday and make my lunch for the week in a crock pot and split it into 4 lunches.
I agree thats a good way to go. Its all about finding a creative way to get your food ready, even if it requires a lot of preparation. I'm a college student who during the day gets a 10 minute break to walk from one class to the next for 6-8 hours and I've learned how to make a meal happen in that time frame, all while walking to class.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I agree thats a good way to go. Its all about finding a creative way to get your food ready, even if it requires a lot of preparation. I'm a college student who during the day gets a 10 minute break to walk from one class to the next for 6-8 hours and I've learned how to make a meal happen in that time frame, all while walking to class.
i learned a long time ago, if i don't live in a solution then i will live in the problem, and in the end the problem is me. chub i'm not saying that is what you are doing, not at all i think you're looking for a solution. get creative like botch says.....describe your day, maybe some of us can offer advise.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i learned a long time ago, if i don't live in a solution then i will live in the problem, and in the end the problem is me. chub i'm not saying that is what you are doing, not at all i think you're looking for a solution. get creative like botch says.....describe your day, maybe some of us can offer advise.
My hours at work change every week, sometimes i get a good week where i can fit in meals and a work out etc and other weeks like the ones i've been having lately are just rubbish, no time for a good nights sleep or sit down meals! 12pm-3pm then back in at 5pm till 1am/2am a lot of the time. Sometimes 5pm till 3am which isn't so bad.

I do cook up some chicken/turkey and take it into work with me now and then.I'm not that creative when it comes to cooking stuff up, i'll take chicken breasts in and just eat them by themselves when i get a chance. I work in a pub so depending on how busy it is sometimes i don't get a chance to eat for a good few hours. I've got access to a fridge at work but not a microwave.

Some nights it'll be a choice of more sleep and rushing in the morning or lack of sleep and more time to prepare and eat, i usually go for the sleep.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
My hours at work change every week, sometimes i get a good week where i can fit in meals and a work out etc and other weeks like the ones I've been having lately are just rubbish, no time for a good nights sleep or sit down meals! 12pm-3pm then back in at 5pm till 1am/2am a lot of the time. Sometimes 5pm till 3am which isn't so bad.

I do cook up some chicken/turkey and take it into work with me now and then.I'm not that creative when it comes to cooking stuff up, I'll take chicken breasts in and just eat them by themselves when i get a chance. I work in a pub so depending on how busy it is sometimes i don't get a chance to eat for a good few hours. I've got access to a fridge at work but not a microwave.

Some nights it'll be a choice of more sleep and rushing in the morning or lack of sleep and more time to prepare and eat, i usually go for the sleep.
alright bro, on your day off take your chicken and or turkey breast and divide it up into whatever amount of portions you need, then put those in "zip-lock" bags, also get some Tupperware, take about 2 or 3 cans of tuna, pickles, hot peppers, mustard and whatever else you want to, and mix them all together (tuna is the only things that needs to stay in this simple recipe, everything else i mentioned can go or others things added), then divide that into 2 or 3 meals. the whole idea is to find meals high in protein, carbs and low in fat, but most importantly meals that you can set down and come back to if you get busy. i work in a totally different atmosphere, but the part when i get"busy" i get busy and sometimes have to put what I'm eating down and get back to it later. you don't have to be a gourmet chef to get by man, believe me. go and take a look in the recipe/diet section here, there's some good ideas, just ask I'm sure that you and i are not the only ones who have employment like this.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^ Im with Lenn here. In order to compensate for a busy schedule and prevent a dependency of whey/compound shakes, you need to develope an "on the go" plan for your eating. Shakes are great, especially for recovery and prevent canabolism, but your body needs solid meals.

I work 50-65 w/week as well, and I had to do this to get my diet in check about two years ago. It will take some time on the front end, more money for bulk buys of food, but after a few weeks you will be in a groove and it will be great. Also, you will notice better preformance in the gym with solid meals/pre wo meals implemented on a regular basis. :)