Bloating!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I've been on a bulk for the last month and a half/2 months and lately i've been getting some real bad bloating. I've reduced my cal intake but its still there. My diet is pretty clean. I had a search and found a few threads saying that protein may be the cause of it?

My diet consists of mainly..chicken,red meat,tuna,pasta,milk. whey protein,pb,oats,bananas,frozen fruits in my morning shakes. I do tend to drink a lot of milk and fruit juice.

I had a chicken salad at work tonight and i was so bloated you'd think i was pregnant!

Supps i've been taking are:

BCAA's on gym days
Fish oils
Activate Extreme (4 days left of my 30 days)

Anyone have any suggestions? Could it be that i'm just not digesting things properly?

ThePatriot

Awards
i dont have an answer, but i get this too, sometimes i cant even suck in my gut i feel so fat, then some days i feel really thin...which originally led me to believe its pretty much self perception.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's more likely to be stomach distention than bloating.

tryingharder

Awards
I've been on a bulk for the last month and a half/2 months and lately i've been getting some real bad bloating. I've reduced my cal intake but its still there. My diet is pretty clean. I had a search and found a few threads saying that protein may be the cause of it?

My diet consists of mainly..chicken,red meat,tuna,pasta,milk. whey protein,pb,oats,bananas,frozen fruits in my morning shakes. I do tend to drink a lot of milk and fruit juice.

I had a chicken salad at work tonight and i was so bloated you'd think i was pregnant!

Supps i've been taking are:

BCAA's on gym days
Fish oils
Activate Extreme (4 days left of my 30 days)

Anyone have any suggestions? Could it be that i'm just not digesting things properly?
im the same, the only time im not bloated is i the morning, is there somthing we can take to elp with this

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Try eliminating foods you eat all the time. Change up the proteins. If you always eat beef, chicken, and tuna, try changing to turkey, buffalo, and tilapia (just an example). Rotating proteins is a very good idea, meaning eat chicken one day, beef the next, turkey the next, tilapia the next, repeat (example). When you eat the same things all the time you can develop sensitivities to them, and the symptoms of sensitivities are individual. One person might get a rash, another headaches, and another bloat.

It might be a good idea to try eliminating common allergens as well. Peanuts, soy, shellfish, eggs, wheat, dairy, etc. However just because it's common doesn't mean you will have an allergy or sensitivity to them. My allergies are of weird things but none of the common allergens.

If not, it could be a matter of digestion. Betaine HCl and probiotics sound like they could help if that were the case. I'd try the first route first since you don't have to buy supplements. Eliminate the foods for at least a week and see what happens.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While bulking, eating veggies, some fruits (e.g. pineapple, papaya), and enzymes should be used frequently.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
I have found milk to make my stomach protrude out, all depending on how much you drink. Also, oddly enough, fruits tend to make me bloat. Just letting you know what gives me the "pregnant" look. As Rodja said, try eating more veggies..