Post Work shake

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i was thinkking of using a cheap weight gainer instead iof my pricey gainer, bc the cheap ones have tons of protein and tons of SUGAR whick is great post work out and rite when u wake up.

muscle juice by Ultimate Nutrition i would take half the serving..

and veiws?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
make your own gainers....use oats and fruits etc with cheap whey concentrate.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If your body responds well to a massive insulin spike and questionable quality protein and you have no problems paying for the gainer than its a possibility. However like Piston said you are 1000x better off by making your own gainers with some high quality whole foods. Plus IMO the natural gainers with oats/pb/skim milk/ etc taste so much better.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
If your body responds well to a massive insulin spike and questionable quality protein and you have no problems paying for the gainer than its a possibility. However like Piston said you are 1000x better off by making your own gainers with some high quality whole foods. Plus IMO the natural gainers with oats/pb/skim milk/ etc taste so much better.
Very true....

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How do ya'll make yours?that sounds nasty.I can just imagine the chunks of oatmeal going down your throat as you drink that.Roughly how much of each do you use?I'm guessing you use a blender?I guess the oats/peanut butter/skim milk/with some duble rich chocolate wouldn't be bad.I'm using muscle juice and it is getting expensive.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea I'd make my own for sure! Fcuk sugar!!!!!
My shake is like this:
1 banana
2 tbs natty peanut butter
1 cup of oats
1 tbs of honey
1 scoop eas premium blend
1 scoop whey
1 whole raw egg
12 ounces of skim milk
800+ calories, 60gms protein 50+gms carbs= nuff said!!!
Have I had better tasting things to eat? FCUK YEA!! But I don't do it for the taste.......

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The oatmeal blends very well in my blender when I do make them up. Even if your blender isn't grinding them up enough you can throw them in a coffee grinder and get them really fine (there was a debate if it affected the absorption/bodily digestion of them when ground like that but I think they keep similar properties.)

I never really made them consistantly but if I needed a mrp or new it would come in handy it would be something like this. Note never really measured just eyeballed.

-Skim Milk
-Natty PB
-F/F Cottage Cheese
-Whey
That alone was tasty. Depending on your tastes you can throw fruit or anything else you like in there. Just adjust everything to fit into the macros you want.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good but i drink two a day.When work is busy,as it is now,i'm always pressed for time.Get home,walk dog,eat some meals,prepare food for work next day,check out anabolic minds :lol: Take a shower,eat,and try to be in bed 9 hours before i wake up.Then wake up drink a shake rush to get to gym to be to work on time.I have a physical job and high metabolism,so i guess i can handle the sugar and price when were busy.But,when work gets slow as it always does(fencing)i will buy a blender to make some.thanks guys.:)

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea I make my shakes in the morning and at night before bed. I take RTD's to work with me that or bars.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't realise that was you schism.Nice avatar.I think of changing mine sometimes,but it throws me off when others do.I thought your first post was oddly familiar........always one of a kind.I tried to rep you schism,even after repping occ,they said i must spread some rep around bfore giving to you again.....i think i repped you once or twice?

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No worries brother. I change my avy all the time, just haven't found one that's stuck. This one is a picture of my last girlfriend after being with me for 24 hours straight!! Rot. In. Peices. ***** LOL....
Haha it won't let me repp you yet either I'll get ya later though:thumbsup:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I try to keep fat to a minimum on post workout shakes, but i like all those nutrients to get there as fast as possible

305Rob

Awards
Heres my formula

1 cup oatmeal(dice it up first in the blender for 30 seconds or so until its a powder)then add in the rest of ingredients.
3 scoops whey protein isolate
4/5 eggs
1 banana
2 heaping tablespoons of PB
2 tablespoons of udos omega blend oil
then i fill the rest of the blender with reduced fat milk.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
My shake is like this:
1 banana
1 cup of oats
1 tbs of honey
1 scoop whey
1 whole raw egg
12 ounces of skim milk
Have I had better tasting things to eat? FCUK YEA!! But I don't do it for the taste.......
This actually looks pretty good. Remember you don't need an ungodly amount of protein for it to be effective. You want around 50g of protein coming from multiple sources and be sure you don't neglect fats. A good thing to use post workout is actually cottage cheese despite popular belief. The mixture of the casein, along with the whey powder you will more than likely be using, really helps keep a sustained amount of protein being released. 2% cottage cheese is good to use as it doesn't have a lot of the saturated milk fat but has enough fat that it will help slow digestion.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My shake is like this:
1 banana
1 cup of oats
1 tbs of honey
1 scoop whey
1 whole raw egg
12 ounces of skim milk
that sounds extremely thick...id add water to that, i dont think 12oz of milk would be enough liquid.

ono

ono

Awards
i was thinkking of using a cheap weight gainer instead iof my pricey gainer, bc the cheap ones have tons of protein and tons of SUGAR whick is great post work out and rite when u wake up.

muscle juice by Ultimate Nutrition i would take half the serving..

and veiws?
Depends on the quality of the protein and fat content.

You're right about the sugar content......just check the fat content and quality of the protein.

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
My shake is like this:
1 banana
1 cup of oats
1 tbs of honey
1 scoop whey
1 whole raw egg
12 ounces of skim milk
that's one hell of a shake. I make a somewhat similar one in the morning cuz I don't have time/don't want to make a formal breakfast.

1 cup milk
1 banana
1/4-1/2 cup oats
some frozen berries
1 scoop protein
cinnamon
sometimes 1 tbs pb

tastes fantastic and I like knowing exactly what I'm drinking

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that's one hell of a shake. I make a somewhat similar one in the morning cuz I don't have time/don't want to make a formal breakfast.

1 cup milk
1 banana
1/4-1/2 cup oats
some frozen berries
1 scoop protein
cinnamon
sometimes 1 tbs pb

tastes fantastic and I like knowing exactly what I'm drinking
doesnt sound like enough liquid, that sh1t must be thick!