Stretch marks...

  1. New Member
    Bunting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%

    Stretch marks...


    what causes some people to get them so easily and others who are huge don't have them. My one friend put on about 10lbs over the course 6 monthsand had deep stretch marks under his chest/armpit while I gained 25lbs,mostly muscle, in about 8 months and I have not a single stretch mark. Are some people just more susceptible to stretch marks than others?

  2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,511
    Rep Power
    831744
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.44%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Skin elasticity is a complex property. it depends on how quickly your body can sythesize collagen and elastin in order to repair the stretch damage, as well as moisture content/hydration, etc.

    Predisposition of Development of stretch marks is pretty much genetic...but whether you actually get them depends on quite a number of factors.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunting View Post
    what causes some people to get them so easily and others who are huge don't have them. My one friend put on about 10lbs over the course 6 monthsand had deep stretch marks under his chest/armpit while I gained 25lbs,mostly muscle, in about 8 months and I have not a single stretch mark. Are some people just more susceptible to stretch marks than others?
    Absolutely
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    ShakesAllDay's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,239
    Rep Power
    716
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    85.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I normally do the leg press w/ a slightly wider than shoulder-width setup. Well, the last few weeks, I've narrowed my stance even more to where my feet are only a couple inches apart. I was sore for days on the inside of my thigh... never been sore there before, even when doing sumo style leg work.

    Anyway, I was droppin' the Cosby's off at the pool and looked down in shock that I now have fresh red stretch marks on my inner/upper thigh close to my groin.

    Gettin' my swole on, Jack!

  5. New Member
    PappaD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    145
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    90.12%

    I use this stuff called firming butter!
  6. New Member
    goofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    28.33%

    I'm also don'y easily get them, I gained like 23 pounds while my training partner has them and has only gained like 8 pounds.
    Realy a matter of genetics, agree with dsade
  7. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by PappaD View Post
    I use this stuff called firming butter!
    I use Java Soap/Flawless Creme, that stuff works wonders.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Banned
    Schism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%

    Some guys have softer skin than others I guess.lol....
  9. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51548
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Its genetics. I have had three kids and have not a one!
  10. New Member
    PappaD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    145
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    90.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I use Java Soap/Flawless Creme, that stuff works wonders.
    Just got some Java Soap. I will be trying it an a little while!
  11. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Here's some extra motivation FLAWLESS Report
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. New Member
    cranghel099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    260
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%

    does java soap help if u already have some???

    i got some on my arse from a dirty bulk last year
  13. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51548
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    does java soap help if u already have some???

    i got some on my arse from a dirty bulk last year
    LOL yes it does help But I'm afraid Matt would want a picture log..lol
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,511
    Rep Power
    831744
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.44%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wow...some on your arse? That would really bum me out.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  15. New Member
    cranghel099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    260
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%

    so how does this work?? do i just lather my arse up?
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,511
    Rep Power
    831744
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.44%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    so how does this work?? do i just lather my arse up?
    it contains an exfoliant...you need to put some pressure and lather up...rub it in for a bit', lathering up, then rinse.

    follow up post shower with flawless for best results.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  17. Registered User
    Neuromancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    616
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    Luckily I don't have them too big or nasty but i get em... I love em...they are like battle scars!

    I got the usual...couple big ones between my front delts and pecs and I got the groin ones too! lol
  18. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
    Luckily I don't have them too big or nasty but i get em... I love em...they are like battle scars!

    I got the usual...couple big ones between my front delts and pecs and I got the groin ones too! lol

    You can have my battle scars.
  19. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,306
    Rep Power
    128474
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    40.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Skin elasticity is a complex property. it depends on how quickly your body can sythesize collagen and elastin in order to repair the stretch damage, as well as moisture content/hydration, etc.

    Predisposition of Development of stretch marks is pretty much genetic...but whether you actually get them depends on quite a number of factors.
    One of my friends has really stretchy skin, his brother too! You can like pinch his neck and pull his skin like 2inches out! quite freaky! Where as when i try it to myself i can't pull my skin more than say half an inch.
  20. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesAllDay View Post
    I normally do the leg press w/ a slightly wider than shoulder-width setup. Well, the last few weeks, I've narrowed my stance even more to where my feet are only a couple inches apart. I was sore for days on the inside of my thigh... never been sore there before, even when doing sumo style leg work.

    Anyway, I was droppin' the Cosby's off at the pool and looked down in shock that I now have fresh red stretch marks on my inner/upper thigh close to my groin.

    Gettin' my swole on, Jack!

    dropping the cosby's off at the pool????? wth?
  21. Senior Member
    ShakesAllDay's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,239
    Rep Power
    716
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    85.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    dropping the cosby's off at the pool????? wth?
    Think of brown-colored objects descending by gravitational pull into some water.


    :bb:
  22. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesAllDay View Post
    Think of brown-colored objects descending by gravitational pull into some water.


    :bb:
    damn thats cold lol.
  23. Advanced Member
    Brian5225's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    503
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    84.02%

    Yeah, I have that problem as well. Did my bulk in sept-dec, and I got hyooge stretch marks on the front of my delts and pits. not to mention someone pointed it out to me that I have them on my lats as well. Battle scars yes, hideous, yes.
  24. Registered User
    Neuromancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    616
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    79.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    You can have my battle scars.
    Appreciate the offer but no thanks got enough of my own!
  25. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by goofer View Post
    I'm also don'y easily get them, I gained like 23 pounds while my training partner has them and has only gained like 8 pounds.
    Realy a matter of genetics, agree with dsade
    I think it has a lot to do with your frame size. Even though I am not that big of a guy, I am bigger than my frame. Like others have said there are tons of factors, but I get pretty bad ones. The good thing is that it means you are growing.
  26. Elite Member
    CountryLiftin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,411
    Rep Power
    814191
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    21.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Im 16 and have seven on my left armpit/pec/shoulder area, two on my right, and some smaller ones but quite numerous on upper thigh like alot of you have mention. I dont run anything and when you guys say bulk, im not sure what type you mean never the less I guess this is just a normal part of gettin bigger if the conditions are right for them to show up. My friends think im a Bad A now lmfao. and the cosby kids at the pool is a great one just sayin. Anyways, I was thinking, the stretch marks could be prevented if the skin was somehow stretched prior to exercise? like I think mines from benching, bringing the bar completely to my chest pushes me a good 6 inches beyond the normal range my arms are capable of stretching, so it stretches skin to a point it never experience except during bench. so it you somehow got your skin more elastic then it would prevent it? just something to think on.
  27. New Member
    king88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    53
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%

    they suck.
  28. New Member
    DBdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    265
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    64.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Im 16 and have seven on my left armpit/pec/shoulder area, two on my right, and some smaller ones but quite numerous on upper thigh like alot of you have mention. I dont run anything and when you guys say bulk, im not sure what type you mean never the less I guess this is just a normal part of gettin bigger if the conditions are right for them to show up. My friends think im a Bad A now lmfao. and the cosby kids at the pool is a great one just sayin. Anyways, I was thinking, the stretch marks could be prevented if the skin was somehow stretched prior to exercise? like I think mines from benching, bringing the bar completely to my chest pushes me a good 6 inches beyond the normal range my arms are capable of stretching, so it stretches skin to a point it never experience except during bench. so it you somehow got your skin more elastic then it would prevent it? just something to think on.
    You are aware this thread is from 2 years ago right?
    To get un-naturally big, you gotta do un-natural things
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Stretch Marks
    By thaOrleanyte in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 12:07 PM
  2. HELP!!!! STRETCH MARKS!
    By SWOLL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
  3. Stretch Marks
    By doyoudo911 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
  4. Stretch Marks
    By bulkmuscle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 02:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in