College football bulking???

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
below is a list of my supplements...Following a hernia surgery next monday and the four week recovery i wana bulk up. Two weeks ago when i was 100% i was 223.2 and 9.4% body fat. I figure after the recovery i will be 220 and my body fat will have gone up. I want to drop that gained body fat and get to about 227 to 230 without adding body fat % from when i was 100%. I need to do this in 100 days as i only have 130 from recovery til doubles. I want a supplement in addition to these and i was thinking either IGF-2 or DRIVE and X-Factor. What do u guys think? I drink three protein shakes as shown, should i replace one with a weight gainer and which time should i take it and which one? Is it possible to accomplish this 7-10 pound muscle gain in the 100 days? I need help and advice, thanks!!

MORNING
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral
5 GRAMS L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketogluterate- 6 weeks on and off

MID MORNING
40-50 GRAM Whey Protein Shake
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
1 Pinch of Olive Oil

BEFORE LUNCH
5 GRAMS L-Argine-Alpha Ketogluterate -------30 Min Before
1,000MG of Vitamin c with AAKG- 6 weeks on and off

PREWORKOUT
1 GRAM Calcuim Citrate
2 GRAMS Beta Alanine
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine ------- 30 Min Before
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Acetyl L Carnitine
5 Grams Citruline
5 Grams creatine - 6 weeks on and off

1 GRAM Phenylalanine
200 MG of DMAE --------15-20 Min Before
200 MG of Panax Ginseng
B Complex Vitamin

DURING WORKOUT
3 GRAMS Beta Alanine

POSTWORKOUT
2 GRAMS Beta Alanine
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 GRAM Acetyl l Carnitine
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
40-50 GRAMS Whey Protein Shake
1.5 GRAMS glucosamine
Pinch of Olive Oil
200 MG Alpha Lipoic Acid
5 grams of creatine – 6 weeks on and off

WITH DINNER
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral

NIGHT
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Lysine
3TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Green Tea Extract
30 MG Chelated Zinc

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7-10 lbs of muscle isn't going to happen in that amount of time.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
i shattered my jaw in september at football practice. i dropped from 220 to 185in three weeks. Within 87 days after beggining to lift again i went from 185 9.2% body fat to 223 9.4% body fat. I was hoping to recover from this surgery and get to 227 at 9.4% body fat. Why isnt that possible?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i shattered my jaw in september at football practice. i dropped from 220 to 185in three weeks. Within 87 days after beggining to lift again i went from 185 9.2% body fat to 223 9.4% body fat. I was hoping to recover from this surgery and get to 227 at 9.4% body fat. Why isnt that possible?
First, I highly doubt that you lost 35 lbs in 3 weeks. Next, adding mass is not linear, so just because you put on X amount of lbs in a given time frame does not mean it will happen again. Finally, you will recovering from a surgery on a very critical area that is heavily involved in every major lift, so it will difficult to train as intensely as you had previously without a good chunk of time to re-establish the integrity of the abdominal wall.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I think it is very possible to gain 7-10 pounds natural in 100 days. Im not sure about any of those supplements that you have listed as i have never tried them before. But are the 3 proteins shakes you are taking your only meals through out the day?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
If you ever break your jaw you will see how easy it is to lose 35 pounds. I couldnt eat solid food for four weeks. I had three meals a day of only protein shakes and water. Weight flys off trust me. I went sqautting 500 before to 305 after. My bench went from 295 to 195.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
The three protein shakes are in addition to four solid meals.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
x factor hands down

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
However, I am positive that it was not all muscle. Much of what you lost was glycogen and water.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
would u stack x factor with DRIVE? what kind of results did u get off of X factor? any side effects? a good friend of mine took halodrol liquigels which have Arachidonic Acid in them an got really bad stomach cramps and cramps all over his body...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah rodja, that is definitely true. I lose 7-8 pounds in a single two hour practice...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
would u stack x factor with DRIVE? what kind of results did u get off of X factor? any side effects? a good friend of mine took halodrol liquigels which have Arachidonic Acid in them an got really bad stomach cramps and cramps all over his body...
Drive and XF were made for each other because of the synergy between cAMP and AA. The HD-Gels are not a true AA product and does not truly represent it's capabilities.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats true. i know a lot of people who cut 20 pounds or more to wrestle in high school, before the hydration testing started. But as you said about having a hard time recovering from my surgery, its a very small umbilical hernia and i can start working my abs again two weeks after surgery and then four weeks after i can get back to cleaning and squatting. hopefully i can recover easily....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah thats true. i know a lot of people who cut 20 pounds or more to wrestle in high school, before the hydration testing started. But as you said about having a hard time recovering from my surgery, its a very small umbilical hernia and i can start working my abs again two weeks after surgery and then four weeks after i can get back to cleaning and squatting. hopefully i can recover easily....
It's not the ab training that is going to be risky, it will be the power/dynamic movements that are dangerous. Good luck in your recovery...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah thanks man, im gonna need all that i can get. At 220 what would a DRIVE/ X-Factor stack look like as far as dosing goes?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah thanks man, im gonna need all that i can get. At 220 what would a DRIVE/ X-Factor stack look like as far as dosing goes?
I'd say 6-8 caps of Drive and 4 caps of XF.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
how long should i run it for?? and are there any potential side effects?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how long should i run it for?? and are there any potential side effects?
Actually, now that I think about it, you should not take the XF for a while because it is a pro-inflammatory and I would take a few months to re-build your base so you don't risk re-injuring your abdominal wall. In some cases, people have a weakened abdominal wall in comparison to their other muscles, which can make them susceptible to hernias. Drive can be taken for 12 weeks or so.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
why does XF work as a pro-inflammatory? I do everything i can to avoid inflammation. I ice and get stim on off days and take ice baths after all my cardio... But on the abdominal wall part, the doc said after the two weeks the hernia cant come through the same part again because of the sheet in there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why does XF work as a pro-inflammatory? I do everything i can to avoid inflammation. I ice and get stim on off days and take ice baths after all my cardio... But on the abdominal wall part, the doc said after the two weeks the hernia cant come through the same part again because of the sheet in there.
I know how a hernia surgery works, but I am soeaking about the entire abdominal sheath. AA is an inflammatory, but, remember, that inflammation is one of the markers for growth in muscle.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats true thanks for the advice man. Im taking your posting "7-10 lbs of muscle isn't going to happen in that amount of time." and putting it on my wall. lol.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
what kind of proteins should i take for bulking? When should i take a weight gainer?

ThePatriot

Awards
The same thing happened to me, small umbilical hernia, 2 actually, i had to wait 2 months to start lifting again. I guarantee you wont even be able to stand up for at least 2-3 weeks. your underestimating the pain you will endure. At least i couldn't stand up.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what kind of proteins should i take for bulking? When should i take a weight gainer?
protein is protein (in most cases)

U dont need a weigh gainer, jsut eat or make a homemade weight gainer

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
If you ever break your jaw you will see how easy it is to lose 35 pounds. I couldnt eat solid food for four weeks. I had three meals a day of only protein shakes and water. Weight flys off trust me. I went sqautting 500 before to 305 after. My bench went from 295 to 195.

I have seen this happen it is possible

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
ThePatriot, i was sqautting 3 hours after i shattered my jaw in september. I dont think ill wait 2-3 weeks before standing up easy, maybe 2 days. i dunno i hope so. My hernia is also only the size of a pencil though and its laproscopic surgery. About the weight gainer, i just cant seem to put the weight on especailly in college where i get very few healthy meals i can indulge in.

ThePatriot

Awards
ThePatriot, i was sqautting 3 hours after i shattered my jaw in september. I dont think ill wait 2-3 weeks before standing up easy, maybe 2 days. i dunno i hope so. My hernia is also only the size of a pencil though and its laproscopic surgery. About the weight gainer, i just cant seem to put the weight on especailly in college where i get very few healthy meals i can indulge in.
eh you'll find out the hard way, mine was also that small, its not necessarily the size, its the fact that you will be on anesthesia, they will cut you open and then not only does your muscle now have to heal, so does your skin. every time you sneeze or cough it feels like its breaking open, not pleasant. And why the hell were you squatting after you broke your jaw, thats a little obsessive.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats not "hardcore"

Thats ****ing stupid

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
it was the first half hour of practice. Had to get some workout in that day. and yes obsessive. i have OCD. It took me an hour to write "rest" on the workout im making for recovery.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Im sure though some stiches in my belly wont be as bad as 45 in my mouth and 5 screws and a plate. U think not being able to sneeze is bad. if u break ure jaw u cant sleep on ure face, bite ure nails, chew gum or bite ure lips. U think it aint bad but try licking milk off ure lips while ure lower jaw doesnt work. Hopefully ill be fine.