College football bulking??? - AnabolicMinds.com

College football bulking???

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

College football bulking???

below is a list of my supplements...Following a hernia surgery next monday and the four week recovery i wana bulk up. Two weeks ago when i was 100% i was 223.2 and 9.4% body fat. I figure after the recovery i will be 220 and my body fat will have gone up. I want to drop that gained body fat and get to about 227 to 230 without adding body fat % from when i was 100%. I need to do this in 100 days as i only have 130 from recovery til doubles. I want a supplement in addition to these and i was thinking either IGF-2 or DRIVE and X-Factor. What do u guys think? I drink three protein shakes as shown, should i replace one with a weight gainer and which time should i take it and which one? Is it possible to accomplish this 7-10 pound muscle gain in the 100 days? I need help and advice, thanks!!

MORNING
    400 IUS of Vitamin E
    500 MG of Vitamin C
    Beta Carotene
    Multivitamin
    Mineral
    5 GRAMS L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketogluterate- 6 weeks on and off

MID MORNING
    40-50 GRAM Whey Protein Shake
    1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
    1 Pinch of Olive Oil

BEFORE LUNCH
    5 GRAMS L-Argine-Alpha Ketogluterate -------30 Min Before
    1,000MG of Vitamin c with AAKG- 6 weeks on and off

PREWORKOUT
    1 GRAM Calcuim Citrate
    2 GRAMS Beta Alanine
    5 GRAMS Leucine
    5 GRAMS Taurine ------- 30 Min Before
    5 GRAMS Glutamine
    1 Gram Acetyl L Carnitine
    5 Grams Citruline
    5 Grams creatine - 6 weeks on and off

1 GRAM Phenylalanine
    200 MG of DMAE --------15-20 Min Before
    200 MG of Panax Ginseng
    B Complex Vitamin

DURING WORKOUT
    3 GRAMS Beta Alanine

POSTWORKOUT
    2 GRAMS Beta Alanine
    5 GRAMS Leucine
    5 GRAMS Taurine
    5 GRAMS Glutamine
    1 GRAM Acetyl l Carnitine
    1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
    40-50 GRAMS Whey Protein Shake
    1.5 GRAMS glucosamine
    Pinch of Olive Oil
    200 MG Alpha Lipoic Acid
    5 grams of creatine 6 weeks on and off

WITH DINNER
    400 IUS of Vitamin E
    500 MG of Vitamin C
    Beta Carotene
    Multivitamin
    Mineral

NIGHT
    5 GRAMS Glutamine
    1 Gram Lysine
    3TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Green Tea Extract
    30 MG Chelated Zinc

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

7-10 lbs of muscle isn't going to happen in that amount of time.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

i shattered my jaw in september at football practice. i dropped from 220 to 185in three weeks. Within 87 days after beggining to lift again i went from 185 9.2% body fat to 223 9.4% body fat. I was hoping to recover from this surgery and get to 227 at 9.4% body fat. Why isnt that possible?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pavb10 View Post
    i shattered my jaw in september at football practice. i dropped from 220 to 185in three weeks. Within 87 days after beggining to lift again i went from 185 9.2% body fat to 223 9.4% body fat. I was hoping to recover from this surgery and get to 227 at 9.4% body fat. Why isnt that possible?
    First, I highly doubt that you lost 35 lbs in 3 weeks. Next, adding mass is not linear, so just because you put on X amount of lbs in a given time frame does not mean it will happen again. Finally, you will recovering from a surgery on a very critical area that is heavily involved in every major lift, so it will difficult to train as intensely as you had previously without a good chunk of time to re-establish the integrity of the abdominal wall.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.

I think it is very possible to gain 7-10 pounds natural in 100 days. Im not sure about any of those supplements that you have listed as i have never tried them before. But are the 3 proteins shakes you are taking your only meals through out the day?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

If you ever break your jaw you will see how easy it is to lose 35 pounds. I couldnt eat solid food for four weeks. I had three meals a day of only protein shakes and water. Weight flys off trust me. I went sqautting 500 before to 305 after. My bench went from 295 to 195.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

The three protein shakes are in addition to four solid meals.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

x factor hands down
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

However, I am positive that it was not all muscle. Much of what you lost was glycogen and water.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

would u stack x factor with DRIVE? what kind of results did u get off of X factor? any side effects? a good friend of mine took halodrol liquigels which have Arachidonic Acid in them an got really bad stomach cramps and cramps all over his body...
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

yeah rodja, that is definitely true. I lose 7-8 pounds in a single two hour practice...
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

would u stack x factor with DRIVE? what kind of results did u get off of X factor? any side effects? a good friend of mine took halodrol liquigels which have Arachidonic Acid in them an got really bad stomach cramps and cramps all over his body...
    Drive and XF were made for each other because of the synergy between cAMP and AA. The HD-Gels are not a true AA product and does not truly represent it's capabilities.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

yeah rodja, that is definitely true. I lose 7-8 pounds in a single two hour practice...
    I have cut 18 lbs to make weight for a fight once.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

yeah thats true. i know a lot of people who cut 20 pounds or more to wrestle in high school, before the hydration testing started. But as you said about having a hard time recovering from my surgery, its a very small umbilical hernia and i can start working my abs again two weeks after surgery and then four weeks after i can get back to cleaning and squatting. hopefully i can recover easily....
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

yeah thats true. i know a lot of people who cut 20 pounds or more to wrestle in high school, before the hydration testing started. But as you said about having a hard time recovering from my surgery, its a very small umbilical hernia and i can start working my abs again two weeks after surgery and then four weeks after i can get back to cleaning and squatting. hopefully i can recover easily....
    It's not the ab training that is going to be risky, it will be the power/dynamic movements that are dangerous. Good luck in your recovery...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

yeah thanks man, im gonna need all that i can get. At 220 what would a DRIVE/ X-Factor stack look like as far as dosing goes?
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

yeah thanks man, im gonna need all that i can get. At 220 what would a DRIVE/ X-Factor stack look like as far as dosing goes?
    I'd say 6-8 caps of Drive and 4 caps of XF.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

how long should i run it for?? and are there any potential side effects?
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

how long should i run it for?? and are there any potential side effects?
    Actually, now that I think about it, you should not take the XF for a while because it is a pro-inflammatory and I would take a few months to re-build your base so you don't risk re-injuring your abdominal wall. In some cases, people have a weakened abdominal wall in comparison to their other muscles, which can make them susceptible to hernias. Drive can be taken for 12 weeks or so.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

why does XF work as a pro-inflammatory? I do everything i can to avoid inflammation. I ice and get stim on off days and take ice baths after all my cardio... But on the abdominal wall part, the doc said after the two weeks the hernia cant come through the same part again because of the sheet in there.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

why does XF work as a pro-inflammatory? I do everything i can to avoid inflammation. I ice and get stim on off days and take ice baths after all my cardio... But on the abdominal wall part, the doc said after the two weeks the hernia cant come through the same part again because of the sheet in there.
    I know how a hernia surgery works, but I am soeaking about the entire abdominal sheath. AA is an inflammatory, but, remember, that inflammation is one of the markers for growth in muscle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

yeah thats true thanks for the advice man. Im taking your posting "7-10 lbs of muscle isn't going to happen in that amount of time." and putting it on my wall. lol.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

what kind of proteins should i take for bulking? When should i take a weight gainer?
  24. New Member

The same thing happened to me, small umbilical hernia, 2 actually, i had to wait 2 months to start lifting again. I guarantee you wont even be able to stand up for at least 2-3 weeks. your underestimating the pain you will endure. At least i couldn't stand up.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what kind of proteins should i take for bulking? When should i take a weight gainer?
    protein is protein (in most cases)

U dont need a weigh gainer, jsut eat or make a homemade weight gainer
  26. Advanced Member

If you ever break your jaw you will see how easy it is to lose 35 pounds. I couldnt eat solid food for four weeks. I had three meals a day of only protein shakes and water. Weight flys off trust me. I went sqautting 500 before to 305 after. My bench went from 295 to 195.

I have seen this happen it is possible
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

ThePatriot, i was sqautting 3 hours after i shattered my jaw in september. I dont think ill wait 2-3 weeks before standing up easy, maybe 2 days. i dunno i hope so. My hernia is also only the size of a pencil though and its laproscopic surgery. About the weight gainer, i just cant seem to put the weight on especailly in college where i get very few healthy meals i can indulge in.
  28. New Member

ThePatriot, i was sqautting 3 hours after i shattered my jaw in september. I dont think ill wait 2-3 weeks before standing up easy, maybe 2 days. i dunno i hope so. My hernia is also only the size of a pencil though and its laproscopic surgery. About the weight gainer, i just cant seem to put the weight on especailly in college where i get very few healthy meals i can indulge in.
    eh you'll find out the hard way, mine was also that small, its not necessarily the size, its the fact that you will be on anesthesia, they will cut you open and then not only does your muscle now have to heal, so does your skin. every time you sneeze or cough it feels like its breaking open, not pleasant. And why the hell were you squatting after you broke your jaw, thats a little obsessive.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

Thats not "hardcore"

Thats ****ing stupid
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

it was the first half hour of practice. Had to get some workout in that day. and yes obsessive. i have OCD. It took me an hour to write "rest" on the workout im making for recovery.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Im sure though some stiches in my belly wont be as bad as 45 in my mouth and 5 screws and a plate. U think not being able to sneeze is bad. if u break ure jaw u cant sleep on ure face, bite ure nails, chew gum or bite ure lips. U think it aint bad but try licking milk off ure lips while ure lower jaw doesnt work. Hopefully ill be fine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. College Football Team
    By manny1010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
  2. College Football Records In The BCS Era
    By BUCKNUTS in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
  3. College Football needs to get here fast!!!
    By Ethereal in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:12 PM
  4. College Football
    By diamonddave in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 10:38 AM
  5. College Football: Who's a Fan?
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 12:34 PM