16yr old looking for Help

Jaymanx

Awards
Ok im 16 if you dident know im 5'8'' 190lbs and i'm trying to bulk up for football which is in august.

I'm look for help in my diet which i was told from some one is lacking quite alot.

I eat as right as i possibly can not being the person to purchase my own food but i eat this

Breakfast
5g Glutamine
1 egg mixxed with 1/2cup egg white
1/2 cup plain oatmeal

mid morning-
power bar

lunch-
whole wheat sandwhich (e.g. Ham,RostBeef,Turkey)
gatoraid
banana

before work out-
super pump 250
3 Healthy and fit anabolic amino 10,000

post work out-
my protine shake with glutamine
3 Healthy and fit anabolic amino 10,000

dinner -
what ever i have that night

before bed
5g of Glutamine

ok that is what my daily rutine of monday through friday is becasue thoes are the only days i can lift due to the school is not open on weekends. That is everything i take right now may start size on in a month or so.

So what im asking is what could i do to make my diet more geared to gaining muscle for football season seeing as i would like to weigh in at 215 (not fat)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey man i will just help in here due to it being more diet related now..but yea i saw you mentioned a pb sandwich and nuts between classes in the other thread. Both of those are some good options, i know sometimes it can be hard to get meals in when you have class. When i was in highschool i used to have some almonds and a shake or a sandwich in between if i could. Just keep it simple and make sure you get good carbs and protein in during all these meals, alot of what you can eat depends on what you like as there are many options

Jaymanx

Awards
If i was to tell you there is much i wouldent like it would probbaly help.

So i should try to eat like every three hours and what are some other quick and easy to eat choices that a high schooler could possibly chow down on before his next class

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
What position are you playing and what are your goals? I played football for FSU and will definitely be able to help you with what you need, although I was a CB lol.

Jaymanx

Awards
Ok goals would be to hit the weight 215 im 190.

I play LG and DE or atleast i did last year when i was fat but 215

I need to increase my dead lift, squat, bench. I need to get overall stronger but my squat is terrible.

I cant give you an exzact number becasue im just comeing off wrestling i just started my lifting last week i was repin 205. squat

185 bench

205 deadlift was all i did last week comeing off not eating at all

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What position are you playing and what are your goals? I played football for FSU and will definitely be able to help you with what you need, although I was a CB lol.
yea good ? that may help with the suggestions...i played RB and LB in hs but obviously LMD has much better experience than me lol

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

I need to increase my dead lift, squat, bench. I need to get overall stronger but my squat is terrible.

I cant give you an exzact number becasue im just comeing off wrestling i just started my lifting last week i was repin 205. squat

185 bench

Yeah this is definitely not on par with other DE and LG's so I will help you this weekend. I am heading out of the house right now but we will see if we can get you some more calories and try to bulk you up a bit. This is the off season for you right? This is the best time to bulk up and get ready for fall.

Jaymanx

Awards
Yes this is off season for me so anything would be helpful since my off season just begun and i want my senior year to be a bang

noob18

Awards
im not in football or anything anymore, but im only 17 to and i went to this supplement shop that is here where i live and they told me i should try a weight gainer and i have been takin it and some bcaa's and i have gained 8 pounds in the past week and a half, one shake before i workout and one shake after

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Start by adding some fruit to your breakfast and some PB and cottage cheese before bed. What carbs do you have post-WO?

Jaymanx

Awards
i eat a slice or 2 of wheat bread and a slice of white or a whole crossent if i have um they taste so good :)
Also would fruit juice count for fruit or go whith and apple or bannana or something.
and PB and Cottage cheese before bed with glutamine would be ok>?

Jaymanx

Awards
Ok bannans sounds good now we are talkin post w/o? or Breakfast

Jaymanx

Awards
Any other pointers other then fruit you would suggest

Jaymanx

Awards
Sounds good i was looking at them if i couldent find more stuff to eat. Fruit should knock off some more calories i need to intake

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good i was looking at them if i couldent find more stuff to eat. Fruit should knock off some more calories i need to intake
And they provide fiber, electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that aid in digestion.

Jaymanx

Awards
O back to the cottage cheese why should that be taken before bed? With some Penut Butter

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
O back to the cottage cheese why should that be taken before bed? With some Penut Butter
PB supplies healthy fats and cottage cheese contains casein, which is the other protein fraction in milk and digests slowly

Jaymanx

Awards
yea i read on that stuff. Casien is a slower breaking down protine that keeps your muscles in a anabolic state while you sleep correct.

Jaymanx

Awards
Could i eat Peanut butter at any time or is there an optimal time to consume it

also if i had cottage chesse with like fruit or sometihng in it would that still be a good thing before bed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could i eat Peanut butter at any time or is there an optimal time to consume it

also if i had cottage chesse with like fruit or sometihng in it would that still be a good thing before bed.
I wouldn't eat PB around your WO time, but, other than that, you can add it pretty much anytime. You can throw in some fruit with your CC, but not too much.

Jaymanx

Awards
thats it just eat good , no other supps i could take?

Jaymanx

Awards
ok well thanks for your input I hope it will help alot

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
im not in football or anything anymore, but im only 17 to and i went to this supplement shop that is here where i live and they told me i should try a weight gainer and i have been takin it and some bcaa's and i have gained 8 pounds in the past week and a half, one shake before i workout and one shake after
Well lets just say 8 lbs of muscle in a week is absolutely impossible, you are just seeing a little weight gain, added with some bloat, added with natural fluctuations in weight such as amount of water etc. Heck I weight 2-4 lbs different morning to night.

Weight gainers are sort of a marketing ploy. You would be better off spending your money on more food, you will get more out of it. Weight gainers are just poor quality protein with a LOT of sugar and fat in it. Heck you could buy some low quality protein yourself, dump some hot chocolate powder in it, add in some dehydrated fat and you are good to go ;). In all seriousness though use that money elsewhere if you can. :burger:

harlan100

harlan100

Awards

185 bench

deads squat and bench eh? You need the 5x5 program try it.

what carb are you having after your workout too?

Jaymanx

Awards
When you say 5x5 u mean 5 sets of 5 reps COrrect and what is the incraments of weight that i use.

Also should i do some warm ups? if so how many and how much weight would sound good

And to LMD NO MEAL REPLACEMENT DRINKS corect?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you say 5x5 u mean 5 sets of 5 reps COrrect and what is the incraments of weight that i use.

Also should i do some warm ups? if so how many and how much weight would sound good

Google 5x5 for routines and principles. MRP's are good if you're in a pinch and pressed for time, but, by no means, should they be a essential part of your nutrition.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

Pretty much what Rodja said. They are just such poor quality and packed with sugar. If you are going to get one, be sure to look into a higher quality MRP and not some of these MuscleTech products and such. Not trying to pick on them but some of them are just terrible.

Jaymanx

Awards
I Like the simplicity of the Excel chart Only problem is i dont know my tru maxes to lift so ill just play with the numbers but thanks.

My question now would be is that plan good or what would be a good one to follow
If some one could get me a monday-friday plan or what muscle groups to work each day it would be great.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
I Like the simplicity of the Excel chart Only problem is i dont know my tru maxes to lift so ill just play with the numbers but thanks.

My question now would be is that plan good or what would be a good one to follow
If some one could get me a monday-friday plan or what muscle groups to work each day it would be great.
Yeap just play around with the numbers. i diddent even use that chart i used to concept of it. Do like squats bench row and a couple other things at the end on mon, wed do squat military and deads with couple things at the end and fri is the same as monday but increasing the top set of 3.:cheers:

Jaymanx

Awards
Would There be a better way to do thoes work outs on a 5 day routine or 4 at least i try to hit the gym every possible day i can

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
hey man how's it goin? i'm kinda in the same boat as you as in i'm trying to gain weight now. i read that one of ur main goals is to up ur squat, dead, and bench i'm guessing that you want as big of an increase as possible so i would reccomend you kidna do a powerlifting weight split.

like this:

mon. 5X5 dead, w/ other back exercises like pulldowns, rows, & goodmornings

wed. 5X5 bench, w/ other chest & tri. exercises like dips, tri. extensions, etc.

fri. 5X5 squat, w/ other leg exercises like leg press, hack squat, etc.

and if ur looking for some bi's, abs, calves, delts you can do light workouts on tues, thurs, & sat if u want. but since ur trying to pick up ur key lifts put them first.

here's the kicker tho, since you don't have all the time in the world to get ur lifts up i'd get a good spotter i can depend on and have him help me get or at least try to get an additional 5-10lbs per exercise per week. some weeks u may get it some you may not, it'll test ur stregnth and will power but it helped me get my lifts up.

i dunno how long u have to build but if u do this for three months then you're key lifts outta go up a good bit.

i hope i helped some, and just be sure to keep at it & EAT!!

happy lifting :thumbsup:

Jaymanx

Awards
thanks that pretty helpful saying do all the powerlifts on mon-wed-fri and then do all the lighter ones on tuesday and such.
Also i do have a good spotter im tryin to gain mass and weight for football i played guard last year and was 215 but since wrestling i droped to 180lbs and seriusly killed my strength from not eating. But thats were im at now i have to august to train so i have ample time.