Yearly Muscle Gain (Please Help)

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
How much do you guys think I can gain of Muscle/Water/Glycogen in one year minus ph/ps/steroids (which i might take lol), but still including test boosters/all other suplements... I know im not advanced, hell most of you guys are bigger than me :) but I know im definitley not going to be gaining as much as the past two years. Im pretty sure I wont be able to gain 10lb of muscle even if i really tried. i was thinking 5-7 lb MAX. but maybe more with good test boosters.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
How much do you guys think I can gain of Muscle/Water/Glycogen in one year minus ph/ps/steroids (which i might take lol), but still including test boosters/all other suplements... I know im not advanced, hell most of you guys are bigger than me :) but I know im definitley not going to be gaining as much as the past two years. Im pretty sure I wont be able to gain 10lb of muscle even if i really tried. i was thinking 5-7 lb MAX. but maybe more with good test boosters.
lol your telling me you cant gain a pound of muscle per month???Thaat would be 12lbs in a year(which isnt much)

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
I usually gain 2-2.5 lb a month.. I dunno if its muscle though.. i guess trial and error would be the best route.. would it be more beneficial to gain 1.5-2 instead of 2-2.5 so i will have less of a cut to do.. because its pretty unlikely ill be gaining 2.5 lb muscle a month

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Try to gain 1-1.5lbs per week. Its a good goal, if your diet is in-tact it shouldn't be a problem. 48 weeks in a year, somewhere around 50-55lbs in a year is solid but who wants that much?

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
lol ... not on juice.. no way in hell can one gain that much muscle btw 52 (and a small fraction) weeks in a year ;)

JDF

Awards
  • Established
lol ... not on juice.. no way in hell can one gain that much muscle btw 52 (and a small fraction) weeks in a year ;)
Kind of Ironic the mistake is made on Feb. 29th of leap year lol

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
It obviously won't be all muscle. I cant remember the exact amount but I think a person can only put on 5-7pds of muscle naturally a year? correct me if I'm wrong.

warren

Awards
i have been bulking for 3 weeks now natty and have just started lifting and i have gained 3.5lbs in that time, my abs are more visable aswell so i dont think much of it is fat if any.

but im new to te whle bulking so might be coz im a newbie.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
It obviously won't be all muscle. I cant remember the exact amount but I think a person can only put on 5-7pds of muscle naturally a year? correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats crap. It all depends on how long you've been lifting (newbie gains come quickly), your diet, supplementation and most importantly, GENETICS. There is no set number as to the amount of muscle a person can gain in a year.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats crap. It all depends on how long you've been lifting (newbie gains come quickly), your diet, supplementation and most importantly, GENETICS. There is no set number as to the amount of muscle a person can gain in a year.
We have a winner...

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I mean like overall bodyweight not just muscle.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
What do you feel is a good monthly goal, weight gains wise.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Remember too the bigger you get the more you have to eat and the harder it gets to gain.Someone at 150 can get to 200 hundred alot easier than someone at 250 that is already pretty big trying to get to 300.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
The trainer at the gym took my stats and got me my maintenance cal's today, I think it was at like 2800 or something combined with my activity level of about 6-7 days a week. I'm trying to get my diet 100% perfect. Right now its almost there. Gonna go for 700cals per meal at about 6 meals a day. He told me to keep my macro ratios at 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fats? Does that seem right?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The trainer at the gym took my stats and got me my maintenance cal's today, I think it was at like 2800 or something combined with my activity level of about 6-7 days a week. I'm trying to get my diet 100% perfect. Right now its almost there. Gonna go for 700cals per meal at about 6 meals a day. He told me to keep my macro ratios at 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fats? Does that seem right?
4200 kcals is way too much. Start at 3200 and reassess after 8 weeks or so.

warren

Awards
what about a newbie?? like i said i have gained 3.5lbs in 3 weeks ( well nearly 3 weeks!! i weighed in on day 18) how much of this would be fat, water and gycogen?

is this just because im a newbie?

any idea how long tis could last or is that to muc of a vaugue question

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I gained 10lbs in 6 week while bulking up natural. I ate 4,000 kcals, lifted heavy, and gave my body lots of rest. Some fat? of course, But I am more vascular in my arms, chest, and have developed traps.

However, I consider it to be newbie gains, becuase it was the first time I actually ate over matinence and lifted correctly.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
what about a newbie?? like i said i have gained 3.5lbs in 3 weeks ( well nearly 3 weeks!! i weighed in on day 18) how much of this would be fat, water and gycogen?

is this just because im a newbie?

any idea how long tis could last or is that to muc of a vaugue question
A good rate to gain muscle at is about a pound a week so if you are gaining at that rate as long as you keep your diet clean it should be pretty much all muscle. When i first started working out i gained about 20 pounds in about 2months and it was all pretty much muscle. So get those easy gains while you can. EAT LIFT SLEEP REPEAT!!!!:food::dl::yawn: =:bb:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I gained 10lbs in 6 week while bulking up natural. I ate 4,000 kcals, lifted heavy, and gave my body lots of rest. Some fat? of course, But I am more vascular in my arms, chest, and have developed traps.

However, I consider it to be newbie gains, becuase it was the first time I actually ate over matinence and lifted correctly.
your name is roid rage and you are 15, I hope you are not taking juice already

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
your name is roid rage and you are 15, I hope you are not taking juice already
heck no.

my alias does not reflect my intentions. It is a nickname, nothing more. In fact, people don't call me roidrage anymore.

Juicing wouldn't do that much anyway.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
heck no.

my alias does not reflect my intentions. It is a nickname, nothing more. In fact, people don't call me roidrage anymore.

Juicing wouldn't do that much anyway.
Good to hear man seen alot of people do it at that age and it will make you short lol. But in al seriousness keep natural as long as possible and definately not before 21 and 22-25 preferably. you don't need that **** at your age anyway i bet you get good gains as it is. **** my test is still going crazy and i am 22

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear man seen alot of people do it at that age and it will make you short lol. But in al seriousness keep natural as long as possible and definately not before 21 and 22-25 preferably. you don't need that **** at your age anyway i bet you get good gains as it is. **** my test is still going crazy and i am 22
im deff. not gonna roid up until..ever. It's not natural and even if you take them correctly, there are still risks. Its just not worth it.

My secret test boosting recipe..4 TBSP EVOO with 16oz 2% milk..danm

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im deff. not gonna roid up until..ever. It's not natural and even if you take them correctly, there are still risks. Its just not worth it.

My secret test boosting recipe..4 TBSP EVOO with 16oz 2% milk..danm
I just want to say that you give me hope for the youth of America. big ups to you, sir.:djparty:

bbkhan87

bbkhan87

Awards
so how much in a year cycling peptides like pegmgf, ghrp 6, pgh?