newbie lifter needing help

daz1989

Awards
I have finally decided I am tired of being skinny. I am 5'10" 150 pounds and 18 years old. I have been lifting for about a month now and really dont know what kind of schedule I should use or foods to eat. I want to gain muscle mass but I cant put a pound on. I was also wonder what kind of supps to take if any. I always here protein protien protien but Cant I just eat tuna? Im lost guys If possible could someone give me some sorta work this on this day make sure you eat these foods and take this sup kinda schedule to get big. I know the key factor is hard work and I am willing to comit. Thank you so much for all of yall's help

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
You have a lot of research to do man. For starters, You need to eat a high calorie diet rich in QUALITY protein,carb,and fat sources. For someone your size, 3500 calories a day should be adequate. No matter how hard you train, if you dont eat enough, you wont grow. Whey is a much faster digesting protein source which is why it is ideal to take before and after working out, especially IMMEDIATELY after. Concentrate on compound movements - bench press,deadlifts,squats, etc. Keep in the 6-8 rep range. Make sure you allow for plenty of recovery time between workouts, overtraining will stop your gains. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night and you should be good to go. Good luck.