Most you would pay for Protein

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
How much would you be willing to pay per lb for Whey (all forms) as well as amino acids? How many g of amino acids do you guys eat a day?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can get chicken breast for around $3/lb, and get 4 27g of protein servings per lb. A whey concentrate, you get about 16 22g servings from, so about the equivalent of 3-4lbs of chicken. So i'd easily go as high as $12-15/lb for whey, as its also more convenient than chicken breasts to carry around, and requires no refrigeration (i'm talking about steamed or boiled chicken breast BTW).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
$10/lb mainly because I am a cheap bastard and put a much higher emphasis on whole foods than most.

Bunting

Awards
I go through about 5 lbs every 3 weeks. So if i'm spending any more than 45 bones on a 5lb tub than that's way to darn much. I just make a measley teacher's salary so I don't have the money to be throwing down any more than 50 dollars a month on Protien. I spend enough money on whole foods as it is. I'm sure more expensive Protien is a better source of pure protien and probably better for my muscles however I have to kind of live within my means if you know what I mean. Its not like I'm training to be a professional bodybuilder either.

305Rob

Awards
I pay about 10.00/lb for an excellent quality WPI.(whey protein isolate)thats what i prefer and all i use as far as powder is concerned.

Concetrate is cheaper but its only 80% of lesser quality protein per pound.WPI is at least 98% percent top quality protein per pound.You do the math.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i can get all whey protein for $30 for a 5lb tub so i dont think i would pay much more than that....

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ehhh idk what the most i would pay for protein is, sometimes i go really cheap when i am strapped for cash. Usually i just get something like ultra peptide though...i prefer quality if i am going for a protein powder usually, but i still try to eat as much whole food as i can.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
i would pay up to £35 for a 5lbs tub wich is $70

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
around $45 per 5lb of name brand protein like ON, All the Whey, BSN, Cytosport, etc is pretty standard. I have to do the math to feel decent about spending that kind of money though. You can get gemma protein dirt cheap and it's fairly high in BCAA's, but, better brand wheys are more diverse in their amino acid make up, and a bit more palatable. Honestly I'm not willingly paying
beyond $35 when I buy a 5lb whey, but generic brand whey is so hard for me to choke down, and I want every aspect of bodybuilding to be as enjoyable as possible. It is life consuming, after all.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
.50 cents a serving with at least 22g protein a serving.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on the brand and quality of the protein. I love multi-protein blends versus a single type of protein.