uneven biceps????

1. uneven biceps????

Hi there,

Unitl recently I had not lifted any weights in about two years. About a month ago I decided to get back into lifting and have noticed some good results in the past 4 weeks.

However my left bicep is quite a bit smaller than my dominant right arm?? I did notice a slight difference in size when I was lifting two years ago but noting major?

My right arm flexed, not pumped is 15 and a half inches and my left arm is just 15 inches but quite noticable to the eye

Can anyine suggest anything?? I dont want to do extra reps with my week arm and end up overtraining it.

Many Thanks

2. hey man i had the same problem you do. it helps if you first find which muscle is uneven. for me it was the outer bicep head so I had to use exercises to focus on it.

when i trained my biceps I would do an extra set or two and try to eek out several more reps with the smaller arm so i got a bigger pump on it.

now i pretty much have that problem fixed but its still somewhat smaller and it's because my left triceps just a little smaller than my right.

basically i found that if one side is stronger than another you need to focus on that side more than normal to avoid any imbalances.

hope i helped some

3. Work the smaller one more.

btw, overtraining a muscle can be a powerful stimulus for growth.
    •   

4. Thanks WILL DA BEAST, I'll try and pin point the problem, got an idea I might be in the same boat as you were ie outer head. Left bicep just dont have that peak like the right one.

Thanks Neil5585, I never thought of overtraining in that way b4, good thinking.

Cheers Guys,

5. You could always use dumbells so each arm works on its own,even do one arm at a time.Everyone has imbalances from right to left,i believe arnolds right arm was about 1/2" bigger than left,it definately has noticeably better peack than his left

Similar Forum Threads

1. Uneven Biceps
    By jonnyp in forum Pics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 12:44 AM
  2. Bicep Width Help
    By mcQ in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 05:07 PM
  3. Busted Bicep
    By supersize77 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 29