17 looking for good bulk sups

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
SUP EVERYONE IM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I'VE BEEN WORKING OUT FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS. I NEED SUPPLEMENT HELP.

I'M TAKING ON (OPTIMUM NUTRITION) 100% WHEY AND CASEIN PROTIEN, I JUST FINISHED MY SECOND JUG OF NUTREX RESEARCH VITARGO CGL. NOW THOUGH I AM WONDERING WHERE TO GO FROM HERE. I SEE A LOT OF ADS AND STUFF FOR TAKING BCAA POWDER, CARNITINE, ARGNINE, AND OTHER STUFF. SO MY QUESTION IS THIS:

WHAT ARE SOME OTHER SUPPS I CAN TAKE THAT WORK TO HELP BUILD MUSCLE BESIDES PROTEIN AND CREATINE?

HEIGHT: 5 9.5
WEIGHT: 170 (give or take) @ about 14% b/f

Goal: 180 by end of may @ 12% b/f

Any and all help is appreciated

bayoubeef

Awards
HMB and glucose disposal agents such as chromium and vanadyl

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
to be honest with you, your going to need to focus your food intake. i learned the hard way, spending money on supps that i didnt need because i wasn't eating enough food. you're going to have to rely on the protein, creatine, multi, and fish oil. just remember, at your weight, i would be taking in around 230 to 260 grams of protein a day. if your not doing that, then taking any extra supps aren't going to be nearly as effective, w/the exception of maybe adding BCAA before, during, after workout, or any time you may have to go an extended period of time without eating.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read before in dave palumbos column in md,that protien is the most complete and abundant form of amino acids.So if you're consuming enough protien in a day,every 2-3 hours,theirs no need to supplement with amino acids.......just what i read and it makes sence.I agree with avgbb,but you could drink a partial serving of a weight gainer shake when you need to eat but cant.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
:food:thnks pantera & avgbb. im trying to choke down my eggs and oatmeal now...kinda sucks cuz im trying not to puke. but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...imma def. increase my protein consumption now tho

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hell yah man the protein and calorie intake are important im finding out. ive been taking in alot lately. im about to try a CEE so well see how that goes. if you looking for a good supp. check out Torque by Geared up Nutrition. i like that stuff.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Fat free cottage cheese!! - a staple supp for protein intake IMO!

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
The best supplement for you at your age is "FOOD"

Flick

Awards
Whey protein, fish oil, a good multi-vitamin, maybe some creatine if you wanted to. That's about the only list of supplements you would need. Also, it's popular for kids your age to be attracted to a nitrous oxide product, like NO-Explode, but don't waste money on that. Spend the rest of your money on food.

bigrabbit

Awards
Another 17yr old on the forums welcome!!!
Food is by far the most important eat plenty, heaps of protein, work hard, sleep well, take creatine, L-Glutamine and a few other basics...
Watch yourself grow, good luck buddy!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Lift like a freak. Eat like a horse. Sleep like a champion.

I love getting to say this :)

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Look at my avatar. None of those helped me get to the numbers I am putting up now. NONE. 4,000kals and Heavy Lifting did for me in 6 weeks and put on roughly 10lbs (some fat).

EDIT: I will admit I took a protein shake during school about 4 days out of the week, took L-Leucine for about a week then stopped it, and took creatine MAYBE 2-3 times a week.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Look at my avatar. None of those helped me get to the numbers I am putting up now. NONE. 4,000kals and Heavy Lifting did for me in 6 weeks and put on roughly 10lbs (some fat).

EDIT: I will admit I took a protein shake during school about 4 days out of the week, took L-Leucine for about a week then stopped it, and took creatine MAYBE 2-3 times a week.
Since they're not workin for ya there RR, want me to take 'em off your hands? :D

Glad to hear you're reaching goals man - keep it up!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Since they're not workin for ya there RR, want me to take 'em off your hands? :D

Glad to hear you're reaching goals man - keep it up!
haha funny..

I threw half of them away (some had a 4 pills left), the samples went fast, and I just finished the protein a couple months ago. lol. Sorry to disapoint.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just bought xlevol from evolution labs,it's a preworkout supplement.Two guys at my gym use it and love it,one even said it seems to get better with time.When i bought it the guy asked if i liked it,i said i hadn't tried it,and he said oh,well it is good stuff.I wil use it tomorrow morning and let you know if i like it as far as enegy and pumps.It smells pretty good and has no sugar

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
that optimum nutrition whey is good ****. its what i use. tastes good too. i heard neovar is a good creatine, but you sais you wanted to avoid it... havent heard anything bad about it though. muscle fortress test v good too i've heard. thinkin about takin me some of it.

2a, 17a-dimethyl-5a-androstane-3-one-17a-ol
19-norandrosta-4, 9-diene-3, 17-dione
17a-Methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
that optimum nutrition whey is good ****. its what i use. tastes good too. i heard neovar is a good creatine, but you sais you wanted to avoid it... havent heard anything bad about it though. muscle fortress test v good too i've heard. thinkin about takin me some of it.

2a, 17a-dimethyl-5a-androstane-3-one-17a-ol
19-norandrosta-4, 9-diene-3, 17-dione
17a-Methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol
Yeah bad idea.. Doesn't seem like you know much about these compounds at all.. Please, prove me wrong.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
havent reseached them myself. just had read what other people said about them but your right. i havent done much reading on it. tell me about them...

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
most would say you need to be bigger than you are now before using.How old are you?Most say,and i agree,you should be ATLEAST 21.If you are,well even if you aren't,go to the steroid and post cycle therapy section and learn.Ask questions but search first.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just bought xlevol from evolution labs,it's a preworkout supplement.Two guys at my gym use it and love it,one even said it seems to get better with time.When i bought it the guy asked if i liked it,i said i hadn't tried it,and he said oh,well it is good stuff.I wil use it tomorrow morning and let you know if i like it as far as enegy and pumps.It smells pretty good and has no sugar
Used the xlevol today and liked it quite a bit.No crazy energy,but good subtle energy.The pumps were nice as well.It's the first preworkout sup i have used that i thought i will keep buying this.Taste was alright,not great,but not nasty either.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
most would say you need to be bigger than you are now before using.How old are you?Most say,and i agree,you should be ATLEAST 21.If you are,well even if you aren't,go to the steroid and post cycle therapy section and learn.Ask questions but search first.
i ahve and even when i was doing research i cant find any neg. on it except its one of the supps that combines more than one ph together.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i ahve and even when i was doing research i cant find any neg. on it except its one of the supps that combines more than one ph together.
how old are you?You would be better off with a single regular ph.What i was saying by learning and reseaching,is proper cylcle support and post cycle support supplements you have to take during and after the ph cycle.If you are under 21,just eat like crazy if you want to get bigger,actually,even if you are 21+.From the looks of it,you look like your shooting for the cut look.If you are but want to get bigger(guessing from the ph),suck it up and lose the abs,i promise muscle will come,you will prob be shocked at just how fast.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
how old are you?You would be better off with a single regular ph.What i was saying by learning and reseaching,is proper cylcle support and post cycle support supplements you have to take during and after the ph cycle.If you are under 21,just eat like crazy if you want to get bigger,actually,even if you are 21+.From the looks of it,you look like your shooting for the cut look.If you are but want to get bigger(guessing from the ph),suck it up and lose the abs,i promise muscle will come,you will prob be shocked at just how fast.
18.haha im not really into taking anything ive only ever taken one thing and then i had to cut it all right away. just read that it was something good to look at in the future. and the cut is all from season, but its damn nice to have

tsplittorff

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Def dont mess with hormones yet..... But yea eat a ton get those protiens and also I hear good things about Universal Real Gains....lots of calories. I have a tub on the way but will have to adjust diet a lil.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm using ultimate nutritions muscle juice,the only thing i don't like is it has 60 grams of sugar.but it has 990 cals,152 carbs and 55 grams of protien.Might be too much for some,but i love it:)

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i wanna try xlevol because n.o. xplode doesn't have a big effect anymore. i think it was prolly just all mental but i dunno. where can i get the xlevol for a good price cuz its f'in expensive everywhere i look.

i ate a lotta cottage cheese last night. it was nasty!! i added some sugar free strawberry jelly to it and it made it muuuch better.

hey whats the best calculation to find maintenance calories? i'm at 171 now...but i'm still eating like I was last year at this time when i was about 150ish.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
hey whats the best calculation to find maintenance calories? i'm at 171 now...but i'm still eating like I was last year at this time when i was about 150ish.
never mind bout that i looked it up on the nutriton forum

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wanna try xlevol because n.o. xplode doesn't have a big effect anymore. i think it was prolly just all mental but i dunno. where can i get the xlevol for a good price cuz its f'in expensive everywhere i look.

i ate a lotta cottage cheese last night. it was nasty!! i added some sugar free strawberry jelly to it and it made it muuuch better.

theirs 38+ servings in xlevol(thats what it says)it tells you to take 1 or more.I,and the 2 guys at my gym use 1 scoop.So it will last atleast a month.Try it out and then post on my,try xlevol,in the sup sec.Nutraplanet with the 4.50 shipping is a couple dollars cheaper than my local sup store,dicount sports nutrition.

u571

Awards
diet, whey, creatine, bcaa, beta alanine IMO in that order.

You're 17: remember there is no replacement for consistency over TIME.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Supplements are just that man, there to supplement a spot on diet and training program. Honestly unless you have been training for a year or so or have hit a wall (all with the notion that your diet is in order) than you really don't need to be spending money on supplements at your age. YOU WILL GROW at your age with the help of nothing but food and correct training.

However if you do have all that in check than a solid creatine product like Raganrok or MAN Clout would be something to look into to give you that little extra boost both physically and mentally (and there very reasonably priced.)

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
Whey protein, fish oil, a good multi-vitamin, maybe some creatine if you wanted to. That's about the only list of supplements you would need. Also, it's popular for kids your age to be attracted to a nitrous oxide product, like NO-Explode, but don't waste money on that. Spend the rest of your money on food.
nitrous oxide?? This isn't the Fast and the Furious, bro

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
haha glad I can arouse a laugh. but seriously tho, if you're 17 I'd say that you're living with your parents in which case you have access to all the food you need. Look into a good creatine for sure and if you've got some extra coin layin' around, do a bit of research on something that interests you and give it a shot. If it ends up being a waste of money, then at least you know one more thing that doesn't work. good luck

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
haha glad I can arouse a laugh. but seriously tho, if you're 17 I'd say that you're living with your parents in which case you have access to all the food you need. Look into a good creatine for sure and if you've got some extra coin layin' around, do a bit of research on something that interests you and give it a shot. If it ends up being a waste of money, then at least you know one more thing that doesn't work. good luck

yea that is pretty much true. i'm leaving for LSU in about two weeks tho so imma have to work something out. i do have the unlimited meal plan so that should cover me while i'm bulking :food:

....maybe i can do a four year college bulk :think:

thanks for the replys guys

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
good supplements for you, would be creatine and just regular protein,
if you already take these,
then you can look into things like activate xtreme, its all natural.

and please do not consider any thing beyond natural supplements, for your sake.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
FOOD is all you need at this point in your life! make the most of being young and eat like a champion :bb3:

Also, not sure if you do or not..but alcohol and smoking is a big no no if your wanting to make any gains!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
i've noticed people hate on the young. At ur age you can take beta-alanine, nitric-oxide boosters, bcaa's, whey and if your fully grown (height) you can take natural test boosters like mass fx, drive, rpm, anabolic edge, diesel test, cordygen5, anabal-5.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
natural food is definitely important in ur diet.

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
i've noticed people hate on the young. At ur age you can take beta-alanine, nitric-oxide boosters, bcaa's, whey and if your fully grown (height) you can take natural test boosters like mass fx, drive, rpm, anabolic edge, diesel test, cordygen5, anabal-5.
mass fx has a steroidal AI in it.

meatNcreatine

Awards
jars upon jars upon some more jars, and some more jars of natty peanut butter and steak and CREATINE. creatine will def help you. but if your diet isnt up to par, might as well throw it away

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
good supplements for you, would be creatine and just regular protein,
if you already take these,
then you can look into things like activate xtreme, its all natural.

and please do not consider any thing beyond natural supplements, for your sake.

yea i'm taking a break from creatine because i was on it for the past year more or less. but in no way would i consider things such as ph's & stuff. i've heard about activate but haven't researched it much. it wouldn't hurt me to take it?

and i'm turning 18 on aug. 11th btw:head:

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
yea meatNcre my diet isn't looking too bad i guess. i eat alot of brown rice/whole wheat pasta, lean beef, steak, chicken, fish, natty pb, veggies, but imma sucker for eating subways $5 footlongs and lil cesars $5 hot-n-ready's lol...nobody's perfect

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yea meatNcre my diet isn't looking too bad i guess. i eat alot of brown rice/whole wheat pasta, lean beef, steak, chicken, fish, natty pb, veggies, but imma sucker for eating subways $5 footlongs and lil cesars $5 hot-n-ready's lol...nobody's perfect
if your eating alot of carbs i would suggest a Igf-2, Neovar Recomped for sure stack with some possible drive. You said your wanting to take a break from creatine however. Look into igf2 and drive. Top quality naturally IMO.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
if your eating alot of carbs i would suggest a Igf-2, Neovar Recomped for sure stack with some possible drive. You said your wanting to take a break from creatine however. Look into igf2 and drive. Top quality naturally IMO.
drive by applied nut. right?? and if i took both igf2 & drive what gains could i possibly expect and would they remain after i stopped taking the supps?

i plan to research them but just to make sure, if i take these is there any chance of side effects at all? just making sure i'm not getting into anyting harmful yet