*** Warning Long Thread***
I have been reading a lot of these threads for about a month now and I think i am more confused than when I started. There are a lot of contradictions.
I am 6'0" maybe 135 and 27y/o. I am really tired of being skinny. People feel bad picking on the fat guy but don't cared about picking on the skinny guy. I used to eat everything in sight (wicked high metabolism), but over the course of the past 8 years I've conditioned myself to not think about eating. I really want to change all that.
A couple other things about me, I'm willing to work to achieve what i want (ideally 175-185) but i tend to get a little frustrated if i don't see results. That's why I want to make sure I do things the right way so I am not wasting time/energy/money.
My questions are:
1. I'm planning on three full body workout days a week, can i increase that to 5, or add two days of cardio or is it counter productive?
2. I'm thinking about making my own shakes instead of buying a weight gainer. Here is what they consist of:
40grams Whey Isolate Protein
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup oats
1T Udos essential oil
1gr Glutamine powder
2T either Honey or molasses
Milk/Water/Juice to get the shake to about 32 fluid oz
And that will be 4 times a day on top of trying to eat 3 meals regularly. What do you think?
3. Other supplements I'm thinking about are:
Black Hole (is it worth it? Test driving my shake/meal plan, its been hard to eat that much)
Enzymes (for digestion)
BCAAs (do i need to take them?)
BSN Cellmass (is it worth it?)
CoQ10 (cardiovascular health)
Nature's Way Alive Vitamins (any other recommendations)
4. With my plan how concerned should i be with my nitrogen balance? Should i supplement that also?
5. By consuming 200+ grams of protein should I be concerned with protecting my liver (I think) or by balancing it with my carb intake I will be fine?
6. I tend to like my carbs more than my proteins so my daily intake I think will look like 45% carbs 30-35% protein rest being fat? Is that conducive to my plan?
Thank you for putting up with this long thread. Any and all help will be grateful.
Your friendly neighborhood skinnyBAR10dr