Socks can = greater GH?

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I heard on the John Tesh radio program that if you wear socks to bed at night, it helps keep your feet warm and thus improves circulation. When circulation is improved, your body can go into a deeper sleep faster. It is during deep sleep that GH gets released. So in theory, wearing socks to bed can increase your natural GH production!

Now, I'm not sure if this really works or really makes a difference, but just thought I'd pass on the information I heard to ya'all!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Interesting hypothesis, you have peaked my curiosity. Im going to look around, and I reserve this spot for comment later:
_________________________________________:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Would this 'socks' product be something I'd have to cycle? Does it require pct or would just a week off do the trick?

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Yes, yes and yes. I note that I don't grow muscle as fast as I wan't....I also don't wear socks to bed. Coincidence?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's why I always use a gym sock when I...well, never mind.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If the gym sock does not fit, you must acquit.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That's why I always use a gym sock when I...well, never mind.
What about the people that use tube socks? Are they over-compensating?

itln stln

itln stln

Awards
Hope a company will attach an ethyl ester to my socks. Hmmm...Nike(Ethyl Ester), has a nice ring to it.

typeOnegative

typeOnegative

Awards
on a serious note, I do get better longer lasting sleep when I wear socks to bed... but I really think it matters upon wear you live and what temp you keep your living space @... when you live in areas that don't average decent winter weather temps (I spent my first 25 years in North Dakota) it is a good idea to do just keep warm (just a little understatement)... plus i never want to leave bed on a colder day when I don't have my wool socks on, and then I end up sleeping much longer than I need and I have messed up my circadian rhythms for the next few days

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
**** just the socks, I kill a horse every night and sleep in his stomach to improve my circulation. Starwars style baby.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I heard on the John Tesh radio program that if you wear socks to bed at night, it helps keep your feet warm and thus improves circulation. When circulation is improved, your body can go into a deeper sleep faster. It is during deep sleep that GH gets released. So in theory, wearing socks to bed can increase your natural GH production!
Even Communism sounds good in theory

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
**** just the socks, I kill a horse every night and sleep in his stomach to improve my circulation. Starwars style baby.
And I thought they smelled bad, on the outside.

F

Flick

Awards
I would say that even if that were true, any increase in GH would be so insignificant that you probably wouldn't be able to measure it. Which leads me to believe this theory is bogus. But hey, if you don't mind wearing socks to bed, go for it!

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Yeah for sure. The extra 15 minutes of sleep you get from not wearing socks because they are uncomfortable probably exceeds the amount of extra GH you will get from wearing socks.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, I've been wearing socks to bed for years and I haven't noticed anything really. The thing that made my sleep much better is getting a 2" latex mattress cover.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, I've been wearing socks to bed for years and I haven't noticed anything really. The thing that made my sleep much better is getting a 2" latex mattress cover.
...sleep better or cleanup easier?