Diet Critique

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I am about 1 month back into training after a several year long layoff. Right now my primary goal is to build muscle. I have fat that I would like to lose, but I figure I will lose some just with diet and training again. Eventually I will cut, but right now I need to rebuild what was lost.

My diet currently consist of approx 2,000 calories, 220 gr. protein (I weigh 250), 50 gr. fat, and between 60-80 carbs(apprx 75% of my carbs are from my pre-workout meal).

Is this diet sufficient for my goals of building muscle and at the very least maintaining my current bodyfat if not losing a bit of it?

I figure if pusch comes to shove I could lower the fat intake a bit, but right now I really need my pre-workout carbs.

All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

tattoopierced1

IMO, thats pretty low for carbs if you are trying to bulk.. even with a lean bulk.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
IMO, thats pretty low for carbs if you are trying to bulk.. even with a lean bulk.
How many more do you think I could get away with? Because I wouldn't mind some more post workout carbs, right now I am only taking in approx 10 grams of carbs post workout.