- 01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I am about 1 month back into training after a several year long layoff. Right now my primary goal is to build muscle. I have fat that I would like to lose, but I figure I will lose some just with diet and training again. Eventually I will cut, but right now I need to rebuild what was lost.
My diet currently consist of approx 2,000 calories, 220 gr. protein (I weigh 250), 50 gr. fat, and between 60-80 carbs(apprx 75% of my carbs are from my pre-workout meal).
Is this diet sufficient for my goals of building muscle and at the very least maintaining my current bodyfat if not losing a bit of it?
I figure if pusch comes to shove I could lower the fat intake a bit, but right now I really need my pre-workout carbs.
All suggestions and comments are appreciated.
- 01-31-2008, 11:18 AMBoard Sponsor
- 6'7" 270 lbs.
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
- Rep Power
IMO, thats pretty low for carbs if you are trying to bulk.. even with a lean bulk.
- 02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Blazer88 in forum Weight LossReplies: 15Last Post: 10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
- By DrBobbo in forum BulkingReplies: 37Last Post: 06-04-2007, 10:38 PM
- By Kristopher in forum Weight LossReplies: 11Last Post: 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
- By captain chet in forum Weight LossReplies: 15Last Post: 06-10-2005, 07:55 AM
- By Cold in forum Weight LossReplies: 17Last Post: 05-03-2005, 03:32 PM