Diet Critique

1. Diet Critique

I am about 1 month back into training after a several year long layoff. Right now my primary goal is to build muscle. I have fat that I would like to lose, but I figure I will lose some just with diet and training again. Eventually I will cut, but right now I need to rebuild what was lost.

My diet currently consist of approx 2,000 calories, 220 gr. protein (I weigh 250), 50 gr. fat, and between 60-80 carbs(apprx 75% of my carbs are from my pre-workout meal).

Is this diet sufficient for my goals of building muscle and at the very least maintaining my current bodyfat if not losing a bit of it?

I figure if pusch comes to shove I could lower the fat intake a bit, but right now I really need my pre-workout carbs.

All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

2. tattoopierced1

IMO, thats pretty low for carbs if you are trying to bulk.. even with a lean bulk.

3. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    IMO, thats pretty low for carbs if you are trying to bulk.. even with a lean bulk.
    How many more do you think I could get away with? Because I wouldn't mind some more post workout carbs, right now I am only taking in approx 10 grams of carbs post workout.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking diet critique (YellowJacket??)
    By Blazer88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 11:51 AM
  2. Bulking diet, critique please
    By DrBobbo in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:38 PM
  3. Diet Critique please..
    By Kristopher in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 11:34 AM
  4. Begining of my bulk/mass gain diet - critique please