How big do you wanna get?

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
I see some guys on here that are HUGE and I don't know why lol. basically unless your a body builder I dont see why you would want to be that huge... I train more for aesthetics and athletics... BUT how big do you wanna get list your specs I'll start

I'm 6'3" at 194lbs at 8% (currently)

I wanna be 6'3" at 215 at 7%

Only post like stuff thats realistic... cuz i have a feeling im goin to see ppl saying they wanna be like 5'8" 305... haha making 100lbs gains isnt real.... (i think?) IDK lol ite so just post away :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Currently 5'10" 175 (had 2 viruses this winter). Might work my way back to 185-190..or not. I have been over 200 at 10%ish bf before and could hardly sleep and had little endurance for hiking which I do a lot. My obsession with being big is pretty much over although I do miss certain aspects of it. I do not however miss having to force myself to eat and having my arms go numb every night and flip-flopping all night trying to get comfortable.

If I worked a standard 9-5 in town job I would probably rely more on BBing as my sole hobby/athletic pursuit but outdoor work and recreation is more my cup of tea.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Why couldn't you sleep? haha My arms go numb at night sometimes... prolly cuz i sleep on them wrong not cuz im huge... hahahah and nice sig lol

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I see some guys on here that are HUGE and I don't know why lol. basically unless your a body builder I dont see why you would want to be that huge... I train more for aesthetics and athletics... BUT how big do you wanna get list your specs I'll start

I'm 6'3" at 194lbs at 8% (currently)

I wanna be 6'3" at 215 at 7%

Only post like stuff thats realistic... cuz i have a feeling im goin to see ppl saying they wanna be like 5'8" 305... haha making 100lbs gains isnt real.... (i think?) IDK lol ite so just post away :)
lol some people have big aspirations... lol look at Franco Colombo(my fav) at 5'5 175lbs he was an animal!

hawkeyes56

Awards
I have the same problem with my arms falling asleep at night. Do you know what this is caused from? I just assumed I had some slight nerve damage from heavy bench presses. I am 5'9 215.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
5'10, currently 226lbs at 18% Bf.

WOULD LIKE TO BE 200lbs around 10% Bf, which I can only seem to obtain and hold during the summer season. I always bulk during the Fall and Spring Season.

I lift for aesthetics, but the longer I lift, the more weight I can put up, which in time, equates to greater size, unless I intentionally lift under my strength capability and I sure the f*** won't be doing that.

I don't think I strive for size per se, but when I'm pushing for excellence every-single-workout, size becomes part of the outcome.

But it could also have to do with my body type. I size up if I breath too much. I don't need to hyper calorie, I don't need to carb up, carb down, or eat insane amounts of protein. I just size up if I workout and eat like a civilian. It's the cutting that KILLS ME!!! I've only had abs once. Last summer was the first time and I WORKED MY @$$ OFF FOR IT!!!! I was 197lbs and clean as f***, but now I'm 226lbs, big as hell, but SO IS MU BELLYYYY!!!!

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha see i'm opposite i have a meso body type and always remain leaner and faster i can never put on massive amounts of weight...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahahaha see i'm opposite i have a meso body type and always remain leaner and faster i can never put on massive amounts of weight...
bastard.... hehe.

Sometimes I enjoy the size, sometimes I wished I could be that guy checking out my abs in the mirror, haha. I've actually long excepted my meso-endo bodytype. I used to be a hardcore cardio freak, while at the same time a lifting freak, so my body stayed right in the middle. I was 185lbs for yeeaaars. I had to FIGHT TO THE DEATH to keep my body from sizing up and I believed strongly that I would be able to lose bf while gaining only musculature, now I know that is possible, but I'm talking about for ME. I need diet O2 or I blow up and I'm sure I could attain that goal if I had a pre-show body builder diet. But I live a real life full of work, school, work, church, girlfriend. I can't eat a deck of cards servings worth of grilled chicken every 3 hours. Sooooo... I know for me I have to EITHER, be bulking, which is just normal life for me, or working hard to cut. Which only seems to be possible during the summer.

LITERALLY.... 80% of my clothes don't fit me right now, my arms and shoulders don't fit through my t's and last night I got STUCK in a button up I really hoped I could wear. Hopefully I'll get my clothes back during the summer.

I was 197lbs in the summer, which is the heaviest I get, I'm normally 185 so most of my clothes are meant for a 185lbs body. Here's a plug, but ever since I came to AM and learned about all the cool "REAL" supps, (I'm a recovering Muscletechaholic) I'm currently 226, no PH's, but everything else....

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
hahah yeah i can eat waht ever i want but never bulk up... but on the flip side i dont need cardio for a six pack... so idk i guess no one is perfect...haha

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I am 6'1", and currently 252, I would like to be about 230. I have been mainly working on flexability, and endurance. Even When lifting heavy I dont go below 8 reps. I am not a powerlifter . . .even though I can lift like one haha :stick:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
5'11, currently 190lb at about 15%bf
ideally, 225lb hovering at 10% bf

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
normally i only do 5x5 on lifts that i care about strength on... like bench everything else is around 4 set 8-10 reps...

hawkeyes56

Awards
l I would guess my bf to be in the mid to low 20's as well. However I am a powerlifter and train and tend to eat like one, I would like to get my bf down without losing any strength but I am willing to keep my belly if it means my bench stays 420+.

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
Currently 6'1" 235lbs @ 18% bf... I am going to continue bulking until mid april and hope to get to 250lbs and hopefully stay sub-20% bf... I start my recomp at aprils end and hope to be around 240lbs 12% bf by the end of july... wish me luck..

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
hhah good luck with that.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
My goals are:

230lbs

10% BF

Cardio - To be able to sprint for a distane to run / jump / sprint etc in times of need to help people or remove myself from danger i.e. war etc etc

Look: big but cut aesthetically pleasing nice trim waistline

Destined: To be a fuggin super hero of course. It's amazing that I only recently found out what inspired me so much as a child , it was comic books and those rippling studmuffins :D

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to be 200 lbs with 9-10% bf. Nothing more, nothing less. Only problem there is having get above 200 lbs...and I can't even get over 195 yet. Working on it though.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
no seriously tho id say im 223lbs 6'2" @ 10-14% BF and if i had 10lbs of lean muscle and sub 10%BF id be real satisfied...so 235lbs around 6-8%BF

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'9 and 170 and like 15%BF (guesstimate)
I'd like to be 6'2 and 215 :)

Seriously though, my stated goal this year is to hit 200 with 10%BF.
I'm a classic hardgainer and was 140 until junior year of college.

Down By Law

Awards
I dont really have any number im looking to reach, I just wanna reach my genetic limit. I like the thought of being the best I can be... and if im still not satisfied, there are other options down the road.

Flick

Awards
Thanks to a lack of money I've been out of the gym for a little over a month, and also thanks to the lack of money, my diet has been complete crap. About 4 or so months ago I was up to around 185lbs, now I'm probably closer to 175lbs (at 5'10'').

I've got some money now and I'm going to get back into the gym and hit it hard. My goal is to be at least 190lbs before it starts getting warm. Don't care as much about being lean right now as being big. I'm already pretty lean, so I can't see myself gaining that much fat. I'll probably do a couple cycles between now and then. After being pretty bulky I hate feeling small. I'm gonna have to do something about this.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
5'7 probably about 18-20% b/f and 220lbs.

Would like to stay at 220lbs and get down to 10% b/f

I had abs before college, thanks to my diet of 10 cent draft night and 1 dollar well drinks all day saturdays I put on 40lbs in 2 years :burg:

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
5'7 probably about 18-20% b/f and 220lbs.

Would like to stay at 220lbs and get down to 10% b/f

I had abs before college, thanks to my diet of 10 cent draft night and 1 dollar well drinks all day saturdays I put on 40lbs in 2 years :burg:
woooooowwwwwwwwwwww 40 lbs is alot, i put on 30 last year but it wont all unhealthy weight... and i dont drink so... i'm good on that... 40 is ALOT

JDF

Awards
  • Established
woooooowwwwwwwwwwww 40 lbs is alot, i put on 30 last year but it wont all unhealthy weight... and i dont drink so... i'm good on that... 40 is ALOT

I know, I know :frustrate, I was a serious booze hound. I've cut my drinking down to a couple of drinks one night a weekend.

I didn't just gain fat though ( mostly but not all ), my deadlift went up 150lbs, bench went up 75lbs, and squat really didnt do much, prob 25lbs. I basically powerlifted and ate lots of food with the idea that I would drop it post-college.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
i c so you think the excess weight helped your strength?

JDF

Awards
  • Established
without a doubt. I may have been a slob ( of sorts ) but my strength was going up quickly and I was making good gains when I actually had money and ate halfway decent.

I tended to gain a lot of weight right around finals every semester, I drank a lot of soda to stay awake studying and ate like crap.

About 5 months after college I wanted to try and bulk for 12 weeks during the winter and then start a cut right around this time, I ended up putting on 10lbs in 6 weeks!!! Granted not all of it was muscle ( lost 2lbs right when I started my cutting cycle early - I attribute that to water weight ) but ppl were asking me if I was on roids because of how quick I put on mass. I think going from 215 to 225 in 6 weeks was pretty impressive on wal-mart creatine, lots of food, wal-mart protein, and a multi.

In the 6 weeks my deadlift went from 375 for 3 reps to 425 for 2 reps and my bench jumped from 255 for 2 reps to 275 for 2 reps. Not the biggiest jumps but def were satisfactery for me.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
that's still alot considering you werent focusing on lifting and had alot of your mind on school...

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
At first I thought your post sounded a little condescending and judgmental ("I don't see why you would want to be that huge", like a *****y girl might claim, etc), but when I re-read it, I realized that it can be an open-minded question where you are seeking an honest question without making judgments. Darn internet doesn't always convey correct emotions, lol.

Maybe I'm used to some jealous guys trying to shoot down people's choices in life, girls shooting down skinny girls, or old people shooting down stuff like tattoos, etc, lol - no offense....unless you're old. :p

I'm roughly (or smoothly) 6' 200lbs ~10% bf. (Guessing at bf, haven't bothered to measure anymore. I only care what it looks like in the mirror/on camera, not the number. Wish I could say the same for weight, but hate seeing that number go down, lol). My endurance is great and my agility is quite good. Well, I say that until I see some of the high-flying wrestlers on tv, lol. I can't do a standing back flip. :(

I'd love to be 240lbs at 6% bf....and be 6'4". :p

Semi-realistically, I'd like to be 210lbs at 7-8% bf. (doubt I can obtain that without chemical help. Not saying it's not possible, just not likely for me without someone else modifying my diet and training style)
220lbs at 7-8% would be cool too.

Most likely is me being inbetween 180lbs (cringe) and 200lbs with a lower bodyfat.
My old agent wanted me to drop down to 180lbs...I said no, lol.
It took a while for it to sink in with me, but skinnier ripped guys look "bigger" on film than big beefy guys (see Brad Pitt in Fight Club, Troy, and how many guys want to look "big" like him, lol, etc. It's all in the lighting and shadows.), as well as it allows me to be more marketable in other roles. So my quest for size has been replaced with quest for leaness (without stims). I'm also currently on this big flexibility kick for some reason, lol.

Summation:
look like a Men's Health model, except 20lbs heavier.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
5'7 or 5'8 162lbs @ 14% BF?

I would love to be a Lean and Shredded 175lbs by October 1st this year.

Going into my senior year of High School, I want to be a lean and ripped 190lbs ~10% BF. Other that, I'm not sure about my LONG term goals.

It would be a pain to maintain anything over 225lbs though.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
currently I'm 5'9" & 178lbs at 17% bf...

I'm shooting for (in a number of years) the same height (really doubt I'm going to do any growing) at 200 lbs with maximum 10% bf.

MarkDizzle

Awards
5'9 @ 184pounds
hovering around 9-12%BF
Kinda want to get to 175 then bulk back to 185-190

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
At first I thought your post sounded a little condescending and judgmental ("I don't see why you would want to be that huge", like a *****y girl might claim, etc), but when I re-read it, I realized that it can be an open-minded question where you are seeking an honest question without making judgments. Darn internet doesn't always convey correct emotions, lol.

Maybe I'm used to some jealous guys trying to shoot down people's choices in life, girls shooting down skinny girls, or old people shooting down stuff like tattoos, etc, lol - no offense....unless you're old. :p

I'm roughly (or smoothly) 6' 200lbs ~10% bf. (Guessing at bf, haven't bothered to measure anymore. I only care what it looks like in the mirror/on camera, not the number. Wish I could say the same for weight, but hate seeing that number go down, lol). My endurance is great and my agility is quite good. Well, I say that until I see some of the high-flying wrestlers on tv, lol. I can't do a standing back flip. :(

I'd love to be 240lbs at 6% bf....and be 6'4". :p

Semi-realistically, I'd like to be 210lbs at 7-8% bf. (doubt I can obtain that without chemical help. Not saying it's not possible, just not likely for me without someone else modifying my diet and training style)
220lbs at 7-8% would be cool too.

Most likely is me being inbetween 180lbs (cringe) and 200lbs with a lower bodyfat.
My old agent wanted me to drop down to 180lbs...I said no, lol.
It took a while for it to sink in with me, but skinnier ripped guys look "bigger" on film than big beefy guys (see Brad Pitt in Fight Club, Troy, and how many guys want to look "big" like him, lol, etc. It's all in the lighting and shadows.), as well as it allows me to be more marketable in other roles. So my quest for size has been replaced with quest for leaness (without stims). I'm also currently on this big flexibility kick for some reason, lol.

Summation:
look like a Men's Health model, except 20lbs heavier.
haha yeah sorry about that, i was just curious about it... and a men's health model that would be a perfect size for me... most of them are big to me anyways so 20lbs might be a tad too much for me.. but never the less around that size would be good

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Is the perfect weight for alot of guys give or take 200pds? 10& BF?
I'm currently 165pds 10% 5'10, before May I hope to hit atleast 180 while keeping around the same ammount of BF if possible.
I find that going from 140 to 160 alot of people don't notice much but going from 160 to 180 is definitely noticeable.

dahbuldee

Awards
Currently 5'7" / 160lbs ~15% BF.

My ultimate, and hopefully achievable, goal would be around 172 ~ 10% BF.

Oh, and I'd like to run a 5K in 19m. But that needs to happen on its own because I don't plan on training for it.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
210lbs. @ < 10% BF

Current = 230lbs. @ ~15%.

jrobran3644

Awards
im currently 6'5 at 230 at 10% bf and i personally love my size. With my work its perfect cause i need massive amounts of endurance. I'm only 20, but i still wanna gain. I'd love to be at about 250 with my endurance but thats far away lol.
:burg:

bigrabbit

Awards
I know ive already posted by my ultimate goal to achieve before i get to old is to hopefully get to mayb 250-265 and have something similar to arnolds body... hes my ultimate hero im slightly taller so i will have to weight more than his 240

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Lol i think everyone wants arnolds body, i believe ronnie coleman said it best... "everyone wants to be a body builder, but no one wants to lift no heavy ass weights"

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Theres a limit? LOL

Preferably 200lbs sub 10% by this august and then reasses from there, but as of right now i think id love to be 225 sub 10% and would have a sick amount of meat and strength for my frame.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
When I started training I was 6'5'' and 185 lbs. I always wanted to get to 300 lbs and now that I have gotten there a few years ago. I am just trying to stay here and get leaner all the time.

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im 19 6'1 240 @ 14%bf

i started my cut 3.5 weeks ago at 262 and have lost 22lbs
i want to cut 20 more lbs down to 220 @ 6%

i want to keep at least 95% percent of my strength and compete in my first 100% RAW powerlifting competition.

mainly just for bench, ive hit 410, but am very confident that i can get b/w 435 and 450.

as for the future, id like to be as big an cut as mariusz pudzianowski

310....and shredded!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im 19 6'1 240 @ 14%bf

i started my cut 3.5 weeks ago at 262 and have lost 22lbs
i want to cut 20 more lbs down to 220 @ 6%

i want to keep at least 95% percent of my strength and compete in my first 100% RAW powerlifting competition.

mainly just for bench, ive hit 410, but am very confident that i can get b/w 435 and 450.

as for the future, id like to be as big an cut as mariusz pudzianowski

310....and shredded!

wow man, thats pretty amazing esp at your age! 220 ish at 6% is a nice goal i like that too.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
410 is alot of weight i hit 280 the other day at 186 (actually this was in december seems like yesterday) but 280 is prol about as high as i can go... (at that weight being around 8-9 b/f)

bigrabbit

Awards
Lol i think everyone wants arnolds body, i believe ronnie coleman said it best... "everyone wants to be a body builder, but no one wants to lift no heavy ass weights"

Yeah i guess we all want his body, im thinking 1975 My Olympia's body... Although many people believe that was not arnie's peak...