90% Liquid Diet??

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
hey guys real simple....i was involved in an accident and dont want to get too into detail but my esophogus is F'd up pretty bad and i have a really time eating tough foods such as steak, tuna,chicken, crap like that. ive done some searching on here with not much luck so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or heard of anyone doing this. ive already lost 17 lbs since the accident and really want to get back into gear. it takes me about 30-45 min to eat a can of tuna so any input would be great yall are usually pretty good with suggestions. thanks
-aaron

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Egg Protein and Casein Protein with EVOO and you may want to consider some psylium husk for fiber.

Cottage cheese, smooth peanut butter, no sugar-low fat-ice cream (with protein)...just thinking.

tattoopierced1

see about grinding up some oats to throw in your shake too.

get well man, i wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
hey thanks guys. im really worried about my quality of protein intake.... i dont think 6 or 7 protein shakes a day is the same as eating some chicken breast or stuff like that. i read somewhere on here about a tuna shake?? haha might be worth a try although i might die trying to chug it down. guess ill just play it by ear and stick with the mashed patatoes/peanut butter and weight gain shakes.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my esophogus is F'd up pretty bad and i have a really time eating tough foods such as steak, tuna,chicken, crap like that. ive done some searching on here with not much luck so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or heard of anyone doing this.
The above statement suggested that whole food was not an option.
im really worried about my quality of protein intake.... i dont think 6 or 7 protein shakes a day is the same as eating some chicken breast or stuff like that.
No it is not the same. But based on your problem it seemed like the easiest and most convenient solution
i read somewhere on here about a tuna shake?? haha might be worth a try although i might die trying to chug it down. guess ill just play it by ear and stick with the mashed patatoes/peanut butter and weight gain shakes.
Well of course you can grind up whole food into a shake. Any whole food if you wanted to. I would imagine it would take effort to flavor and grind a whole food shake so that it is as palatable as a protein shake.

Good luck.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
that sucks bro, like some of the others said, add some bulk fiber to your shakes just to thicken them up a little bit. I end up doing a high liquid diet because of my own-the-go...ness, not 90% of my meals but pretty high up there and adding the fiber makes sure that I'm not :dump:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
liquid diet seems to be the most logical. as far as maintaining positive calories, i would go for a Meal Replacement Powder like Serious Mass - 1200+ calories a serving. granted its high in carbs, 250g serving, but its better than wasting away. there's others out there better than that i'm sure - just giving you my 2 cents.

i did a liquid diet over the summer when i got dental surgery done - around 3k calories from MRP's and 250g protein a day. lost 4 pounds, 2 inches off my waist, so i assume all/most of my muscles were spared. good luck and get better.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im subbed to this because i had extensive facial fractures a few years back and i couldnt eat anything for about 8 weeks...It was a liquid diet torture, seriously miserable during that.

can you still open you jaws? you still can chew?

Ive thought about going back to get some adjustments made that would probably involve me having to go thru another 6-8 weeks with jaws wired shut....sounds like alot of hassle again and i doubt i will do it again but just in case id like to hear suggestions as well.

It will be very hard to not lose weight on a liquid diet imo. I lost 20lbs when it happened to me.

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
Im subbed to this because i had extensive facial fractures a few years back and i couldnt eat anything for about 8 weeks...It was a liquid diet torture, seriously miserable during that.

can you still open you jaws? you still can chew?

Ive thought about going back to get some adjustments made that would probably involve me having to go thru another 6-8 weeks with jaws wired shut....sounds like alot of hassle again and i doubt i will do it again but just in case id like to hear suggestions as well.

It will be very hard to not lose weight on a liquid diet imo. I lost 20lbs when it happened to me.

damn that sucks bro. i can still open my jaw and i can still chew so im not completly up sh!t creek i guess but it takes me forever to chew 1 bite of tuna/chicken or anything of that nature. i can down patatoes/ peanut butter, bread stuff like that down pretty easily but ever since the accident its a
b!tch to chew tougher foods such as meats. i have another surgery scheduled in feb so we'll see what happens. im just worried that the lack of my daily tuna/chicken/meats is going to have a serious effect on my workouts and growth. right now im just trying to fight to keep what ive got so if i can keep that till things get better wont be to bad. im thinkin ill just whip up 2 to 3 home made weight gain shakes a day and do my best to get my daily protein intake w/o just relying on shakes.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
weight gainers premade powders and homemade with oats, banana, eggs, milk, ice cream, peanut butter, whey and whatever else.

Actually a regular meal such as turkey and mashedpotatoes for example can taste like the normal thing if you just blend it up. Ive drank thru a straw, whole meals from the blender ;) be happy that you can even have choppy consistancy to get at least a 'taste' of whats really in it....i had to blend my foods for a long time to get it totally liquid and it had to be runny too.

Ive heard of tuna shakes and such, people say they are actually good but ive never tried one.

soups, pudding, yogurt etc.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Dang im sorry to hear that, what i would do is use a whey/casien/egg blend, mixed in with canned pumpkin. YES! i said pumpkin. Pumpkin is really nutritous, and provides a nice dose of fiber. it taste great too, add in some cinnimon taste just like pumpkin pie

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend:

1. MHP's 12 Hour protein. It is a mix of casein, soy, and whey...and youll feel great taking it. I use it before bed time and I hardly ever wake up hungry, and unlike pure whey protein it absorbs into your system longer so you dont get as much fat deposits.

2. When you wake up in the mornings blend (puree) 1 cup of cold water with 1 scoop of whey protein, add oats (dont go too heavy), and 1 tablespoon of Natty Peanut Butter. It will go down easy.

3. Switch to Chunk Light tuna, with some mayo. It isn't as tough of a meat and has a consistancy similar to mashed potatoes, which you said you can eat. I actually prefer Chunk Light over White tuna...for the simple fact that its much more moist and easier to eat quick. It has just as much protein as other tuna's too...around 30grams a can.

Hope this helps a little.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
i broke my jaw in september and went from 220 to 185 in three weeks. The only way to gain weight is to eat whatever u can get in ure mouth. I ate pounds of pudding 7-8 shakes a day and whole milk. Your not gonna have fun on the the toilet but just eat as much soft stuff as u can. eating this food didnt effect my body fat at all. Im back up to 221 now.