Finding the time!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I work a full time job in a pub at the moment, doing 35-45 hours a week. The hours can be quite dodgy. i can easy fit in 3/4 times at the gym a week which is good, the problem is just finding the time to eat! I get 2 days off a week.

If i'm working a long shift i'll usually take in some food with me, banana's yogurts,protein shakes. There is a kitchen upstairs so i can get a steak in now and then. Usually grab a few side salads too if its quite busy and don't have time to stop. I'll start to feel hungry sometimes when i'm working away, and i hate that!

I don't eat much protein bars as they give me a lot of wind, i'll get in a sample bar now and again to see if i can find any decent ones but still no luck yet!

Anyone else struggle to find time to eat? I did think about quitting my job or just going back down to part time but i don't want to be skint again really!

bigrabbit

Awards
One thing is can think of is double the mixuture of the shake, something i did when times were hard and it went well...

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
you can pack up meals in tupperware containers and take the with you. then just pop them in the microwave and ur good to go. you can probably warm it and eat it in 10 minutes tops.

dizi24

Awards
I don't know what you do for work, but is it possible to eat while working? Pack a PB sandwich loaded with tons of PB. Eat some nuts during the day. Sandwich meats is another good choice. Or drag a fridge into work and throw some milk in it :D

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Tupperwear and bulk food recipes from the recipe section. That will be your saving grace. Cook the bulk recipes and dip a few servings from it every shift. Get a little cooler and lots of tupperwear containers. Ive noticed that excessive protein shakes, mostly whey,will pack on lots of fat too...so make sure you get a casein, soy, whey blend if you can. I really like MHP's 12 Hour blend.

The bottom line is that to support all the hard work you do in the gym you need to eat like a champ...whatever works. Remember the triangle of gaining weight, Sleep Nutrition Workout, they are all equally important.

tattoopierced1

you can pack up meals in tupperware containers and take the with you. then just pop them in the microwave and ur good to go. you can probably warm it and eat it in 10 minutes tops.
solid advice here... you might also look at blending some food and bringing it with you.. sounds gross, but its a means to an end.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
you're not alone buddy, im a senior in high school and i drive 35 mins to school everyday cuz i live out in the country. it's hard for me to eat what i need when i need to because i can't run home after school for food becasue i have a job and go to the gym regularly. so......

i've bit the bullet and for the last two years i bring a walmart bag full of food wlth me to school everyday. it typically has a couple bananas or apples with a big PB&J, a protein shake or two, and my lunch and preworkout meal for the day. sure it's a lil awkward packing that much food everyday but it works.

tupperware is a lifesaver!! and so are ziploc bags!!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I build fences and i cook all my food at night for the next day.I bring chicken,fish,hamburger,brisket(precooked from wal mart)turkey,pork, any meat except steaks,Their meant to be warm red and bloody.I make oatmeal,mix it a little runny and add a little protien powder for flavor,and one or two partial servings of a weight gainer shake,meant for emergencies only or laziness sometimes.Before i did this i ate everything warmed up,not even cold pizza.Now i'm so used to eating cold food(i work in a backyard or a field)that sometimes i'll eat out of my cooler with no silverware or plate when i get home so i don't have to cook.Oatmeal goes in tupperwares that i "drink,"and meat gets wrapped in foil,I just pick it up and bite it.