P-plex bulking diet?

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
Hi guys im looking for a little advice for my upcoming P-plex cycle. Im currently 5 5’ 155 and have been lifting for over 8 years. I have cycled halo-50 (loved it) and epi/winztrol (wasn’t crazy about it). Im not exactly sure what my current body fat percentage is tho I would guess that it is in the mid teens. Since diet is by far the most important thing I was wondering what you guys would suggest for my upcoming cycle. I want to gain as much muscle as possible with as little fat gain as possible. I know this is a tall order but I think it can be achieved if my diet is dialed in properly. I am also considering some sort of supplement to run either at the end of my cycle or during my cycle in order to keep the fat off or lean out. Any diet/bulking advice would be appreciated.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi protein, low carbs is what you have to do for that, as well as closely monitoring your intake overall. set a target calories and watch your gains closely

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
Hi protein, low carbs is what you have to do for that, as well as closely monitoring your intake overall. set a target calories and watch your gains closely

Yeah thats what i was thinking but how much do you think? And how often? Currently i drink 28 grams of protein before i go to the gym then about 60 when i get back then usually another 40 or so during the day as a snack. Occasionally i will drink another shake before bed. How many calories of protein/carbs/fats do you think i should take? i wana gain as much as possible but with little fat gain. thanks for your help

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But you said yourself that ripped skeletons aren't impressive!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, i figure you'll want to hit 3500 cal, and then adjust from there. So figure for the day i'd try to get 400g protein, 200g carbs, 120g of HEALTHY fats - coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, fats from nuts, fish oil, flax oil, etc. a 4oz piece of
wild alaskan salmon has around 22g of protein and 10g of omega 3 fats :) try and get as much protein as possible from solids, the amount you are taking in shakes is about all you should get from shakes. Cottage cheese and egg whites will be your friends.

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
well, i figure you'll want to hit 3500 cal, and then adjust from there. So figure for the day i'd try to get 400g protein, 200g carbs, 120g of HEALTHY fats - coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, fats from nuts, fish oil, flax oil, etc. a 4oz piece of
wild alaskan salmon has around 22g of protein and 10g of omega 3 fats :) try and get as much protein as possible from solids, the amount you are taking in shakes is about all you should get from shakes. Cottage cheese and egg whites will be your friends.

Ok that sounds like a good number. I will shoot for around 3500 calories per day. I think im going to try and have little to no carbs after 7. Im also thinking of lifting in the morning then doing light cardio/fatburn in the evenings followed by a protein shake before bed. What kind of good carbs would you recommend? Just brown rice and veggies? Should I consume most of those post workout or evenly distributed throughout the day? Thanks for the input.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
brown rice, oats, veggies, quinoa, some amount of fruits (like 2 servings a day). I would try for as you said, none after 6-7, and the rest spread thru the day with a bit more postworkout.

Post workout you can (if you like) have a cup of mixed berries thrown in your shake for carbs. works nice with chocolate whey.

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
What would you suggest i run inorser to cut my excess body fat? Ill probably be looking to cut up at the end of my cycle because i have heard that trying to cut during PCT is bad. I have read numerous logs and posts regarding p-plex and it seems that it really gives you wet gains. I think im going to run the following

1. p-plex 4 weeeks
2. cycle support before during and after.
3. 3500 cals per day (400) protein. Too much? im only 155 pounds.
4. either Vitagro CGL or no explode befroe during and after.
5. nolva for PCT. any suggestions for anything else? Test booster or cort blocker?

If you see any holes let me know i have only done 2 other cycles so my experience is certainly limited. Thanks

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BB.. man.... i remember when you came on here a while ago... did you rejoin :think:????

Really though you dont need to take any more cycles. JUST STOP. you dont have your diet down and dont have a lb to show for your previous cycles you ran. no amount of steroids or supplements will make up for a failing diet.... so please continue researchig this bulk diet and then after youve made some progress naturally and have a steady diet in place then take the other stuff to help push you further. but you cant run before you can walk, just doesnt work brotha.

get some creatine and drink a TON of water, make sure to hit the gym at least 4 times a week rotating each day focusing on a different body part, someone in you position and metabolism i would think would have a hard time gaining on a full body workout. and then make sure to get in at least 3000 cals a day, literally sit down do all the math and then stick to the diet no matter how hard and monotonous it may be and you WILL see results.

heres my personal bulking diet, take it and tweak it to suit your lower caloric intake if you ned a little help then let me know and ill do what i can.

breakfast1
weight gain shake (cal 841)
F 25.5g
C 109g
p 76g

breakfast2
eggs/yogurt&grapenuts (cal 613)
F 15g
C 86g
p 30g

Snack
jerky (cal 81)
F 1g
C 7g
P 11g
OR
Pro Bar (cal 180)
F 6g
C 16g
P 15g

Lunch
Chicken Breast/noodles (cal 363)
F 3g
C 43g
P 41g

pre w/o shake(same as morn shake)
weight gain shake (cal 841)
F 25.5g
C 109g
p 76g

post w/o shake
pro shake (cal 242)
F 5.5g
C 21g
P 57g

Snack
can O tuna (cal 174)
F 2.5g
C 0g
P 38g

Dinner
Steak/chicken/pork and noodles (cal 578/363/466.5)
F 14g/ 3g /10.5g
C 43g/43g/43g
P 64g/41g/60g

night time shake (same as p.w.o.)
pro shake (cal 242)
F 5.5g
C 21g
P 57g

totals
Cal ~3950
F ~93.5g (cal 841.5) ~21%
C ~335g (cal 1340) ~33%
p ~443g (cal 1772) ~44%
-poops :thumbsup:

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
well thanks for the advice though id like to know how you you could possibly know what my gains are. Ill be the first to admit that my diet is far from perfect and thats why im on the bulking forum asking questions.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well thanks for the advice though id like to know how you you could possibly know what my gains are. Ill be the first to admit that my diet is far from perfect and thats why im on the bulking forum asking questions.
dude you were on here a while back and i know you werent any more then 145-150 back then! i remember specifically giving you advice last time to hold off on your halodrol cycle and try progressing natural first, your FAR from your genetic potential and if you could just workout right and eat right youd see results BETTER then i would on a cycle. so unless youve been bold face lying yourself you havnt kept any weight from your cycle wich shows it was a diet issue if you ever gained any weight since youve obviously lost it all again. im not trying to bash you or insult you but merely help you identify your real problem and your best supplement you can take is food not more pheraplex so take it for what its worth. Im not going to lose any skin over you not gaining or at least keeping gains, although im sur eyoull be pissed.... more supps arent the answer, more food is.

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
Ok what would you suggest for a bulking diet? Keep in mind that my size and weight. some people have suggested as much as 3500 cals which seems like alot of food for a guy my size. id really like to run a lean bulk and try and keep as much of my gains as possible.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok what would you suggest for a bulking diet? Keep in mind that my size and weight. some people have suggested as much as 3500 cals which seems like a lot of food for a guy my size. id really like to run a lean bulk and try and keep as much of my gains as possible.
AIGHT!!! this is were we do work and get you big brother!

take my diet above ok? It is a bit much for a fellow your size (it seems a bit much for me at times but I deal with it, lol)

So lets cut it up and adjust it to your needs.

Breakfast
first the weight gain shake i make is GREAT, you should learn it use it and love it. Its simple, cheap, healthy and a very fast way to down 700+ cals in a couple minutes.

Shake
25g protein from powder (i prefer chocolate and On whey is 77 servings for less then 30bucks)
1/2 cup of oats
1.5-2 cups skim milk
1/2 or 1 banana
1-2tbsp natty peanut butter

mix the oats in a blender dry first till they are a fine powder, add milk, mix, add protein powder banana and pb and blend till good and mixed. its pretty thick but gets the job done and tastes pretty good.

you can probably skip the second breakfast i have listed since this will fill you up and be enough.

Snack
you’ll want to have a snack before lunch though, preferably a high protein snack. I like beef jerky, but if that’s too expensive for you(shouldn’t need that much honestly) then try almonds(1/2 -1 cup).

Lunch
then comes lunch, you need to have a full sized meal for lunch even if you don’t have much of an appetite. Let me suggest you pick up a simple gorge Forman grill if you don’t already own one. its the fastest easiest way for a bachelor to fry up some meat.
lunch needs to be a good sized chicken breast, pork chop, or steak. you’d probably prefer chicken since its leaner and you are trying to avoid fat gain. then make up at least a quarter sized bundle of dry spaghetti noodles, try using light seasoning like butter, salt, garlic salt if you can so its still very healthy, if its not to your liking then add some good tomato sauce (look around for one with very low sugar and cals). try to down a small salad as well just cause mom says so... lol, actually its good to maintain a healthy ph balance in your body as well as add certain vitamins.

Pre/post workout nutrition
if you work out in the afternoon then try to do so 1-2 hours after lunch and if not till evening then make sure to get in a light shake (just milk or water and protein) an hour before you hit the gym and another right after you get home, or in your car if you can bring some water and powder, the key is to make sure its in within 30min post workout. if you work out much later but still before dinner then make another weight gainer shake an hour to an hour and a half before. also if you can still get in the light shake after but if you come home and dinners made for you (by moms or girly) then you can go ahead and eat that instead of the shake, make sure they know WHAT to make for you and tell them youll eat nothing else ;)

if you work out in the morning then trade the morning snack for this set up and then have the snack a couple hours after lunch instead. or you can have another gainer shake for an afternoon snack instead... if your feeling bold.

Dinner
Then for dinner try to get in a good amount of meat again, chicken, pork or steak and some noodles. if this gets old then go ahead and change it up for another wholesome large meal, but if its something that has ALOT of carbs and not much protein, say lasagna, then you’ll have to add some more protein like a half a chicken breast or just have a light shake after words (preferably not though since whole foods are better). and even something like a hamburger or two would be fine BUT not one from mcy dees or and fast food joint, one you grill up your self, preferably with ground beef that’s 16% or less (preferably less although the less fat the harder it is to keep the patty together, and with a forman it can grill away most the fat anyhow).

Pre bed anti catobolic nutrition
then make sure to get in one last light shake RIGHT before you go to bed. this will help stop catabolism throughout the night, f you can pick up a separate casein protein just for this then do so as its much slower absorbing and will serve you better through the whole night, for the same reason its preferred you mix this shake with milk also since milk has casein protein.

and there you go. that’s a considerable amount of cals and is completely doable for anyone who is working out. you can adjust portion sizes as needed but remember the more you shove down the more you’ll grow, as well as at first your appetite wont be as large and by forcing down more your body will adapt and it will be normal, dare i say you’ll be hungry unless you have a lot of food and the biggest thing is making sure to get in those healthy snacks, more food spread out across 5-8 meals is much healthier and will promote lean muscle growth much better then 3 fatty meals that are hours apart.

EFA's
essintial fatty acids, you need them. they are the best healthiest way of getting the neccesary amount of fats in for growth. YES fats are good if they are unsaturated fats, even better if they are EFA's. Try to get ALOT of fish oils and alot of CLA to start. take at least 2g's of fish oils 3 x's a day prefferably with the larger 3 meals as well as a good amount of CLA with each meal. you can explore other option to fill you fat needs as well such as sesame seed oil, flax oil and many other choices out there.

Add it up, write it down
once you have decided on what your going to have for each meal then do this.... it takes time but is worth it. sit down and do allllll the math. ive done much of it above for you. make sure to add your totals together as to where your calories are coming from. if you dont know how to add up calls from the seprete sources its easy, 4 cals for 1g of protein, 4 cals for 1g of carbohydrates, 9 cals for 1g of fat. take the total amount of cals from each of these sources and divide them with the numbe of total cals altogher consumed in the day, that will tell you what percentae of cals you get from what sources. the typical most followed BB diet is founed on the idea of getting 40% from protein, 40% from carbohydrates and 20% from fat sources. some that are in tune with their body adjust from here but this is a good basis and will help you grow good LBM.

The End -its up to you
again if you can get this down pat and make sure to push yourself on eating you’ll be surprised how much weight you’ll gain. not to mention when you finally go on cycle with this set up you will just EXPLODE.... and remember what got you there... the food, not the supps, the supps just accelerated it but the food did it, with out the fuel your screwed, get it? taking something without eating is like stomping on the accelerator of a corvette with an empty tank of gas... it goes slower then joe schmos pinto, nowhere.

make sure to maintain if not increase your cals during g post cycle therapy as well, since your body will be fighting to maintain those gains, food will make em stick, if you drop the cycle and the food at the same time you can kiss your gains goodbye, something has to step in to keep your new muscle there and solidify it.

i hope this helps get you started, tweak it as you see fit and i mean more so in the way of increasing what I’ve already posted, the more you take away from it the more your taking away your own gains.

good luck and let me know how it works for you my man.

Last edited:
BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
hey thanks for all the help. i believe that my workout routine is my strong point. I use the dog crap method and i workout 5-6 days per week. i usually try and do some cardio in the morning then lift in the early afternoon. I started writing everything down that i eat and i usually finish the day around 2500 cals. And im usually around 200 grams of protein. do you think i should do less cardio or stick with my routine at 3 days per week? thanks for the help!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey thanks for all the help. i believe that my workout routine is my strong point. I use the dog crap method and i workout 5-6 days per week. i usually try and do some cardio in the morning then lift in the early afternoon. I started writing everything down that i eat and i usually finish the day around 2500 cals. And im usually around 200 grams of protein. do you think i should do less cardio or stick with my routine at 3 days per week? thanks for the help!
you know its nice to do cardio to keep up a good healthy heart and all but guess what... it KILLLS cals. your tearing into that 2500 cals your taking significantly and as you know you can only get in so much at once, so you need to be careful where you spend those cals.

Drop the cardio for now, just dont do it, another thing. if your not lifting try to be resting as much as possible. if you can walk instead of run somewhere, do it. If you can sit instead of stand, do it. If you can lay down and take a nap or sleep, do it. the more time your resting the more time and nutrients your body can use in repairing and building up instead of trying to keep you going.

I would also, for now, cut back to 3 or 4 days a week workouts, eat a large meal or gainer shake both before and after your workout. DC workouts are great for focing growth so if you got that down then your straight.

with a guy like you that has a crazy metabolism i wouldnt worry so much bout fat gain, this doesnt mean eat dirty but if just from eating alot of clean foods you start to put on a lil pudge dont worry, it would probally take you a couple weeks to fry it back off, an when you go to do that make sure you still get enough cals tso that you dont burn off muscle either.

check this out man.... i was in your shoes once....

LOL now check my amspace and youll see where i was after 3 years natty and only one cycle.... and ive even moved much beyond that... just keep on it bro.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
155 is not that small for 5'5". Isn't that equivalent to 6'0", 195? Just saying, the guy isn't that skinny, he's just kind of short. Either way, looks like you're getting the help you need.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
155 is not that small for 5'5". Isn't that equivalent to 6'0", 195? Just saying, the guy isn't that skinny, he's just kind of short. Either way, looks like you're getting the help you need.
i was refering more so to being a hard gainer with having a high metabolism... i never said he was skinny.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
haha, you showed a picture of you being a toothpick, and said "I was once in your shoes", need I say more? I was just pointing out that he's short, as I thought you might have missed that.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha, you showed a picture of you being a toothpick, and said "I was once in your shoes", need I say more? I was just pointing out that he's short, as I thought you might have missed that.
nono, i was just naturally a hard gainer with super high metabolism and it sounds like he faces a similar problem, i had to really try and eat alot and couldnt start gaining till i graduated highschool and could spend most my time sitting around for a year before i started school and working again and even then the gains were hard to maintain without really making sure i kept a high intake clean diet.

i didnt resort to cycling till i had been stuck at one point for almost 2 years and even then it was casue some guy suggested i try m1T and i had no clue it was a roid, didnt know till i was already taking it and had to scrap together a weak pct and lost most the gains cause i wasnt ready for pct and didnt know about needing to increase my diet even MORE to maintain steroid induced gains... just trying to help this guys os he dont make the same mistakes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh right on. Looks like you've got him headed in the right direction. A little help goes a long way, if the person actually listens.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Would just like to say some great posts from poopypants in this thread! made some good reading!!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Would just like to say some great posts from poopypants in this thread! made some good reading!!
thanks chub, learned so much from being here, glad to know what im giving back is being found useful. :cheers:

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
thx

thanks for all the help man i appreciate it. im thinkin about gettin some Vitargo CGL heard it was good stuff to drink before during and after you workout. Just creatine like you suggested.:thumbsup:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for all the help man i appreciate it. im thinkin about gettin some Vitargo CGL heard it was good stuff to drink before during and after you workout. Just creatine like you suggested.:thumbsup:
Ive heard nothing but good reviews from experienced members about vitargo, very effective creatine that even an experienced user would get good results from.

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
w/o shake

hola poopy. Hey that shake is great. It may just be a placebo affect but i feel like my muscles are more full. I drink one shake in the morning then another post workout along with all my other food. good advice lil budday...

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
niiiice bro, glad you like it.

And there may be some placebo to it but more likely then not what you are feeling is exactly what you think it is. Its put together this way cause its high in cals from good sources of both protien and low GI carbohydrates that are both quickly absorbed and able to be ued by the body, especially when your waking and after working out your body is fairly depleted of nutrients and the more and faster you can get em back in the better.... now stack that type of shake with Anabolic Pump and P-slin, nutrient repartitioning supplements, and you get to make sure all of that is shuttled right into your muscles and none overflows into fat, that you cant help but feel!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
just a thought, though i doubt its needed. do you smoke? i was 5'9" 162 last month. with my diet the same, i gained 9 pounds in one month (two weeks actually) just by quitting smoking. i have an opinion - possibly wrong - that if you are on nicotine or any OTC medication, it may affect how your body regulates the calories you take in. might not be the case with you, but it might help. best of luck to you

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its a proven fact that nicotine is a very effective appitite supresse
nt and will increase you metablic rate.

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
hey Suncloud the answer to your question is no i dont smoke. Im not really sure why you guys think my metabolism is so fast? I mean im a young guy so id think it would be going pretty good but im really not THAT lean. Id bet my BF% is in the mid teens. Also a quick question for my good friend Poopy. I have been super busy at work lately and have been working out in the evenings. Do you think i should take that shake you reccomended post workout? eventhough thats not till 9pm? It just seems like a lot of carbs before bed. I am currently taking the shake twice a day with a half banana, skim milk, 2tbsp light peanut butter the cup-o-oats, and about 40gs of protien powder. Sound ok?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its about 50g of carbs in the oats, and 10 for half a banana. A little high for that late, but not crazy.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey Suncloud the answer to your question is no i dont smoke. Im not really sure why you guys think my metabolism is so fast? I mean im a young guy so id think it would be going pretty good but im really not THAT lean. Id bet my BF% is in the mid teens. Also a quick question for my good friend Poopy. I have been super busy at work lately and have been working out in the evenings. Do you think i should take that shake you reccomended post workout? eventhough thats not till 9pm? It just seems like a lot of carbs before bed. I am currently taking the shake twice a day with a half banana, skim milk, 2tbsp light peanut butter the cup-o-oats, and about 40gs of protien powder. Sound ok?
your fine for mulitple reasons. first, the least of the technical, your trying to gain weight, yes you want to do so cleanly but this is where the second and more technical parts come in.

Using the ground oats a whey protien in that manner is cause its fast absorbing, right after your workout is when your body can absorb more nutrients then any other time during the day, you have to first replinish your greatly depleted stores to a min level then increase those stores even more casue they will soon be depleted once again as your body uses them to start the repair process from all the damage youve just done. the best possible time to get in a surplus of cals is in this situation.

the second reason this really isnt so bad is even though you will be sedintary through the night youll also not e taking in ANY nutrients for 6-10 hours, could you imagine doing that during the day? so going to bed with a lil somethin in you is really not a bad idea, in fact i specifically have a protien shake (given only pro pow and milk, no oats in that one) within 30min of going to bed every night.

So your fine man, half of my workouts right now are at night time too and in the past they were ALL night workouts cause of my work and Ive never had a real issue with it.

Lastly just make sure to listen to your own body and pay attention to the mirror, if you start to put on a lil more pudge then monitor it closely and if it doesnt change after a week then start to lower your cals and adjust the shake to have slightly less carbs, although I doubt youll have problems.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I do a shake before bed, like right before bed, 40g of protein and 40ish of carbs, hate waking up in the morning feeling hungry!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sorry brownboi, didn't mean to come off wrong there, just mentioning that it helped me put on pounds. the funny thing about that is my food consumption did not increase when i quit smoking, which is what happens to most people. my diet remained the same, but i gained 9 lbs, so i think something in the nicotine, or additives, affects how calories are absorbed, not that it just suppresses appetite. just making sure the basics are taken care of first. when i first started smoking i was in service, in AIT. i exercised 1 hour a day i ate:
Breakfast:
2 pancakes
1 white omlett w/ veggies
2 bacon
2 sausage
4 bowls of cereal
2 oranges
(1600 calorie).
snack:
3 muskateers

lunch
2 double cheeseburgers
1 reuben
(1700 calories)
snack
3 muskateers

dinner
army entree
1 reuben
(1100 calories)
post dinner
1/2 a medium pepperoni pizza from domino's
no clue... 1400 calories is my guess.
i lost 4 lbs in 17 weeks on that regimen. so i do think the stupid things (like smoking), fresh air, pollutants in the water, any kind of additive can make things screwy, as was the case with me. also poopypants is right on the money with the shakes, though you might want casein protein for night, as it is slower digesting. i know my diet listed above is wretched, but good god, i couldn't even gain fat....

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes casein is great right before bed but not what you want right after a workout. so if you could handle having your normal whey shake post workout and still get in a casein shake before bed as well then do it and your muscles will thank you.

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
im actually using an EAS product (i get it for free) that contains all three types of protein. I know it would probably be better to just have whey after my workout and caesin before i go to bed but im a poor college student and there is no better word than free. Do you think i should maybe throw another scoop in the shake so as to get as much whey protein in me as possible? I have been messing with the amounts of the ingrediants a bit (lower doses of carbs at night) and have been pleased so far. I think it is going to be very hard for me to get 300g of protein per day tho. How much protein do you think the body can abosorb from shakes? i heard its a limited amount. Its just hard as hell to get a quality meal while between classes so i usually resort to a shake.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for whey shakes, probably from 25-40 is about it per shake

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im actually using an EAS product (i get it for free) that contains all three types of protein. I know it would probably be better to just have whey after my workout and caesin before i go to bed but im a poor college student and there is no better word than free. Do you think i should maybe throw another scoop in the shake so as to get as much whey protein in me as possible? I have been messing with the amounts of the ingrediants a bit (lower doses of carbs at night) and have been pleased so far. I think it is going to be very hard for me to get 300g of protein per day tho. How much protein do you think the body can abosorb from shakes? i heard its a limited amount. Its just hard as hell to get a quality meal while between classes so i usually resort to a shake.
well there is supposedly a 50-60g limit that some say can be absorbed at once, BUT your getting a multi souced protien so I say 60g is a very reasonable amount to shoot for since its not all absorbed at the same time rather each protien has its own absorbtion rate and works better over all for an anytime protien.... might be nice though to add some more whey in there only for an after workout shake up to prob 50g overall not including the protien you get in the milk (wich is casein protien BTW) as long as your using milk.. that should be your 60g's right there.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, taken with more fat then too the digestion in general is longer. my 25-40 is for whey isolate

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
a recent study i read, said that adding casein to post workout shake is better, since whey is immediately absorbed and casein takes time. according to the article, you can do 40-50g of whey, and 20-25g of casein. i don't have a link to the study, but its in this month's Muscle&Fitness (march 2008), page 94. i think i was on the same protein over the summer when i was getting major dental surgery done (liquid diet). its casein, whey, and soy in almost equal amounts. you should be able to do 75g a serving, since the casein will absorb slower. i'll let poopypants and easyejl take over from here, since this is about where my knowledge runs out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that does make sense. just mixing whey with regular milk makes it absorb a lot slower (or say mixing it with milk plus throwing 2 tbsp of natty pb in it), as much as it taking 3 hours

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
The PLAN

This is my diet that im trying very hard to stick to in order to put on 10 more lbs.

Breakfast option 1

Large Wheat bagel
¼ cup egg whites
1 egg
2 lean turkey links

Breakfast option 2

The Poopy shake
Cup-o-oats
40 g protein powder (EAS)
½ banana
2 tbsp light peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
1 raw egg (I know its bad)

Snack

Cereal Bar (10g protein)
Or
Protein Powder 27g in water
Or
Jerky
Or
Light yogurt
Or
2-3 beef patties

Lunch

Subway 6inch sweet onion teriyaki (double meat)
Or
My Muscle Chow- brown rice/ organic veggies/ chicken/ egg/ soyakki sauce/ ground beef or turkey Total for 1 serving 442 cals/ 10g fat/ 35g carbs/ 42 protein
Or
2 Lean Turkey hot dogs
Or
The Poopy Shake (only on days where a solid meal was eaten for b-fast)
Or
Wheat sandwich w/ turkey and mayo and cheese

Dinner

Mix
Or
Steak w/1-2 tortillas and mayo
Or
Chicken breasts (2) and veggies
Or
Noodles w/shrimp and scallops virgin olive oil

Before Bed

Poopy shake cut in half
½ cup oats
½ banana
1 cup skim milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
40g protein

Hopefully this diet will be sufficient. Workouts usually end around dinner time but they are always followed by either the Poopy Shake or just protein powder in water. This is in addition to the normal dinner meal. I haven’t completely calculated out all the numbers yet but hopefully this plan puts me somewhere close to where I need to be. I want to make this as lean as possible. Im thinking 300 g of protein should be good for a guy my size though I would love to find a way to get more. My schedule is pretty intense I work 30 hrs and im a full time student so getting time to sit down and have a proper meal is very difficult. Any and all advice is welcome.