Oats!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
IS there any certain type to get? best brand? Are the cheap oats you get just as good as any other?
How do you guys usually have them? Just chuck them in a shake or more as a cereal.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Shake here... dunno if I could eat it normal... I just use the Instant Quaker Oatmeal and put like 1 to 1 1/2 cups in with 1-2 cups of milk, protein powder, and maybe a banana or some other type of fruit.

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
I use steel cut oats. I throw 1/4-1/2 cup in a coffee grinder and turn them to powder and throw them in my protein shake of 16oz milk, 1 scoop cookies and cream protein powder with 1 scoop rocky road. Sometimes I chop up a banana and/or add in a bit of natty PB. Always tastes good, gotta stir the last bit though, the oats have a tendency to sink.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I use instant oatmeal just as a cereal...yeah pretty plain and basic but all works well in the end for me...

Fishhawk

Awards
About 1/3 of a cup of old fashioned Quaker Oats with a small box of raisins, then add a little cinnamon .... every morning.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I have a wall of quaker oats old fashioned in my pantry. His smile scares me.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
IS there any certain type to get? best brand? Are the cheap oats you get just as good as any other?
How do you guys usually have them? Just chuck them in a shake or more as a cereal.
I like the old fashioned oats. I just through them in the blender with other goodies and viola. I used to cook it, but it takes too f*cking long. Also, maybe check out the quaker weight control instant. 7gms protein, 6 gms fiber, 1gm sugar. Awesome for quick on the go, eat at work kind of thing.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Made a nice shake this morning :D cup of oats, few spoon fulls of yogurt, bunch of strawberries and raspberrys then a scoop of protein powder. Some milk too, not enough though! IT was quite thick, bit like drinking a yogurt.

I chucked the oats into a smoothie blender i have, kinda done the trick, some bits did sink though!

tattoopierced1

Made a nice shake this morning :D cup of oats, few spoon fulls of yogurt, bunch of strawberries and raspberrys then a scoop of protein powder. Some milk too, not enough though! IT was quite thick, bit like drinking a yogurt.

I chucked the oats into a smoothie blender i have, kinda done the trick, some bits did sink though!
throwing an egg in there should help with some of the oats sinking.. although if let sit long enough, they will all sink.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
it actually does matter a lil bit, but not so much if your already getting enough nutrition:
it was already suggested but steel rolled oats i beleive are more nutritious than non-steel rolled oats, just search around i beleive its visible in the nutritional facts (compare non vs. rolled)
Also, instant flavored oatmeal packs aren't too good, some are not even real oats.. again just dbl check nutritional facts to be sure.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Shopping at my local Super Walmart can sometimes be hell. I'll be looking in the cereal section for oats, but I'd prefer steel-cut over any others. Are there any particular brands that I should be looking for, or does it not matter?

reidhoch

Awards
Any one tried using organic oat flour in their shake instead of just tossing oats in a blender?

joelast

joelast

Awards
Oats with yogurt and strawberry Protein has got to be my favorite meal