do i need to gain?

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
to get more muscle? not necessarily. But you have to eat so your body is put into an anabolic state rather than a catabolic one. And eating so frequently puts on scale weight regardless of what kind it is. I've heard of people doing clean bulking where carbs and fats are kept pretty low in comparison to the normal 40/40/20 split. I'm sure other people on the boards are more knowledgeable about it than I am

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
Do you need to gain scale weight to gain muscle mass?

How do I put this nicely? Yes. If you want to gain 5kg's of pure muscle, don't feel that you have to smash the carb's & gain 15kg's thinking that you've done well. What I highly recommend is eating really clean carbs, oats, basmati rice, sweet potatoe et al, eating the right ammounts & quality protein...in the process you'll have to gain muscle...unless you 'cardio' it out, by doing a lot of cardio work. But if you eat clean, then you'll make some nice small gains which will more than likely be muscle.

How does that sound?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its possible to loose fat at the same rate as you are gaining muscle, but its a much slower process that way

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
If you are new to working out then gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is very achievable imo. There is a video article on BB.com it shows a 12 week transformation series with detailed meal plans and workout routines to lose fat and gain lean muscle mass. You should check it out. Just go under "video" and it's the first thing that pops up.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
Do you need to gain scale weight to gain muscle mass?

How do I put this nicely? Yes. If you want to gain 5kg's of pure muscle, don't feel that you have to smash the carb's & gain 15kg's thinking that you've done well. What I highly recommend is eating really clean carbs, oats, basmati rice, sweet potatoe et al, eating the right ammounts & quality protein...in the process you'll have to gain muscle...unless you 'cardio' it out, by doing a lot of cardio work. But if you eat clean, then you'll make some nice small gains which will more than likely be muscle.

How does that sound?
yh sounds good i have like a 2k carb diet right now..oak meal in the morning with eggs than all that other good stuff for lunch n dinner taking pro-nos protain and no2 black. sound good? or should i try something diff?

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
If you are new to working out then gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is very achievable imo. There is a video article on BB.com it shows a 12 week transformation series with detailed meal plans and workout routines to lose fat and gain lean muscle mass. You should check it out. Just go under "video" and it's the first thing that pops up.
im not that new i started lifting freshmen year and currently a solphmore i gain alot of muscle and now its slowin down a little i want form benchin 150 last june to 250 now. i wish i took measurements last yr to comepare them now. next week im goin to start login my size weight and what im lifting and my diet.

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
yh sounds good i have like a 2k carb diet right now..oak meal in the morning with eggs than all that other good stuff for lunch n dinner taking pro-nos protain and no2 black. sound good? or should i try something diff?

I'm not really sure what your saying here! It's good that your havin' oats & eggs for breakfast, true staples for a champion bodybuilder!

How I work my diet, is for 6 weeks, I genreally have 500 extra calories a day, to gain juz a smidge of 'weight', while training my butt off at the gym. Then in the two weeks that I diet down (which I started y'day) I have a very slight calorie reduction phase, where I keep training my butt off at the gym. I reduce my calorie intake by about 250 calories from my maintenance level. All the while I keep my cardio going no matter what!

Have I helpd? I hope so!

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
I'm not really sure what your saying here! It's good that your havin' oats & eggs for breakfast, true staples for a champion bodybuilder!

How I work my diet, is for 6 weeks, I genreally have 500 extra calories a day, to gain juz a smidge of 'weight', while training my butt off at the gym. Then in the two weeks that I diet down (which I started y'day) I have a very slight calorie reduction phase, where I keep training my butt off at the gym. I reduce my calorie intake by about 250 calories from my maintenance level. All the while I keep my cardio going no matter what!

Have I helpd? I hope so!
yes thank very much.