do i need to gain?

  1. do i need to gain?


    do i need to gain weight to get more muscle?


  2. to get more muscle? not necessarily. But you have to eat so your body is put into an anabolic state rather than a catabolic one. And eating so frequently puts on scale weight regardless of what kind it is. I've heard of people doing clean bulking where carbs and fats are kept pretty low in comparison to the normal 40/40/20 split. I'm sure other people on the boards are more knowledgeable about it than I am

  3. Do you need to gain scale weight to gain muscle mass?

    How do I put this nicely? Yes. If you want to gain 5kg's of pure muscle, don't feel that you have to smash the carb's & gain 15kg's thinking that you've done well. What I highly recommend is eating really clean carbs, oats, basmati rice, sweet potatoe et al, eating the right ammounts & quality protein...in the process you'll have to gain muscle...unless you 'cardio' it out, by doing a lot of cardio work. But if you eat clean, then you'll make some nice small gains which will more than likely be muscle.

    How does that sound?
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    its possible to loose fat at the same rate as you are gaining muscle, but its a much slower process that way
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. If you are new to working out then gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is very achievable imo. There is a video article on BB.com it shows a 12 week transformation series with detailed meal plans and workout routines to lose fat and gain lean muscle mass. You should check it out. Just go under "video" and it's the first thing that pops up.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Do you need to gain scale weight to gain muscle mass?

    How do I put this nicely? Yes. If you want to gain 5kg's of pure muscle, don't feel that you have to smash the carb's & gain 15kg's thinking that you've done well. What I highly recommend is eating really clean carbs, oats, basmati rice, sweet potatoe et al, eating the right ammounts & quality protein...in the process you'll have to gain muscle...unless you 'cardio' it out, by doing a lot of cardio work. But if you eat clean, then you'll make some nice small gains which will more than likely be muscle.

    How does that sound?
    yh sounds good i have like a 2k carb diet right now..oak meal in the morning with eggs than all that other good stuff for lunch n dinner taking pro-nos protain and no2 black. sound good? or should i try something diff?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    If you are new to working out then gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is very achievable imo. There is a video article on BB.com it shows a 12 week transformation series with detailed meal plans and workout routines to lose fat and gain lean muscle mass. You should check it out. Just go under "video" and it's the first thing that pops up.
    im not that new i started lifting freshmen year and currently a solphmore i gain alot of muscle and now its slowin down a little i want form benchin 150 last june to 250 now. i wish i took measurements last yr to comepare them now. next week im goin to start login my size weight and what im lifting and my diet.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by swanee609 View Post
    yh sounds good i have like a 2k carb diet right now..oak meal in the morning with eggs than all that other good stuff for lunch n dinner taking pro-nos protain and no2 black. sound good? or should i try something diff?

    I'm not really sure what your saying here! It's good that your havin' oats & eggs for breakfast, true staples for a champion bodybuilder!

    How I work my diet, is for 6 weeks, I genreally have 500 extra calories a day, to gain juz a smidge of 'weight', while training my butt off at the gym. Then in the two weeks that I diet down (which I started y'day) I have a very slight calorie reduction phase, where I keep training my butt off at the gym. I reduce my calorie intake by about 250 calories from my maintenance level. All the while I keep my cardio going no matter what!

    Have I helpd? I hope so!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    I'm not really sure what your saying here! It's good that your havin' oats & eggs for breakfast, true staples for a champion bodybuilder!

    How I work my diet, is for 6 weeks, I genreally have 500 extra calories a day, to gain juz a smidge of 'weight', while training my butt off at the gym. Then in the two weeks that I diet down (which I started y'day) I have a very slight calorie reduction phase, where I keep training my butt off at the gym. I reduce my calorie intake by about 250 calories from my maintenance level. All the while I keep my cardio going no matter what!

    Have I helpd? I hope so!
    yes thank very much.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
  2. Do I need to seal with a crimper?
    By enimity in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 08:46 AM
  3. Do you need to cap NAC powder?
    By Vader in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 10:10 PM
  4. Do I need to do Legs (as often)
    By Giantz11 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:38 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Log in
Log in