10 egg whites, 1 cup dry oats, 8 oz. skim milk -> Blended

Meal 2/Pre-WO

2 scoops of Whey, 1 non-fat yogurt, 1 Banana -> Blended

Meal 3/Post-WO
3 scoops of Whey, 1 cup dry oats, 1 non-fat yogurt -> Blended

Meal 4
2 cans of tuna, 1 tbsp. Mayo, 4 slices of wheat bran bread

Meal 5
1 can chicken, 1 baked potato, some green veggies..

Meal 6

Chicken Breast, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp. flax seed oil

Totals according to Fit-Day:

Protein - 385 g
Carbs - 290 g
Fat - 56 g

Calories ~ 3,233

Ratio = 50/34/16

What do you guys think?

tattoopierced1

I'd try to do a whole food meal pre workout and add in some more carbs at that meal.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
yeah....but I don't really see a problem with 2 shakes a day....

There are people who take in a lot more.

tattoopierced1

i'm not saying it is a problem, i just think you'll get more benefit if one of your first 3 meals of the day isnt in liquid form.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I smell you...what would you throw in that is quick and easy to prepare?

tattoopierced1

cheerios and a chicken breast. I always eat a huge bowl of whole grain cheerios about an hour before working out, gives me great energy throughout my lifts.

lgkitfox

lgkitfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
Why you scaring away from the healthy fats?

Ive noticed alot of people on this board do that! Don't be afraid to eat FATS, they are a great source of calories and energy.

tattoopierced has it right, dont rely on your main protein as whey. I knew a guy who had oats and whey in almost all his meals, and tonnes of olive oil and wondered why he didnt grow and had low energy :rasp: well DUH! It's a supplement. Use whole food whenever you can (tuna, eggs, chicken, steak, extra lean ground beef, egg whites, peanut butter, oils of all kinds, nuts, lamb, etc), you will feel much more dense and your body MUCH less catabolic then if you rely on whey for your main protein source.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have to agree with lgkitfox`s point about the importance of healthy fats. I would suggest you increase your fat intake to about 85g and take those calories from protein. You`re currently intaking over 2.0g Protein per pound, which is a very high intake.

Also I am a big fan of a solid meal pre-workout, which for me is oatmeal about 1-1.5hours preworkout. I find this gives the food time to get out of stomach but keeps me running throughout my workout. I do about 70g carbs,35g Pro and 12g (Flaxseeds) in my pre-WO meal and I find the energy just perfect. Just some food for though :) Otherwise looks like a good clean diet, just remember about the importance of whole foods!

banderbe

Awards
Way, way, way too much protein.

None of the scientific literature supports anything over 1.8 grams per kg of body weight.

You can add a little more to be safe, but you don't need more than 1 gram per pound of body weight.

Even if you think I'm wrong, and I'm not, start low and if you aren't seeing gains then try increasing it a little over time.

I agree with the others, eat more healthy fats. Hitting 56 grams a day at that caloric intake is going to be a miserable, bland soul sucking experience anyway.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah dude my caloric intake or my recomp is cabrs-350Protien 250 ats 90at 215..........I weigh in

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Up the fats, lower the protein... Grains like oats, miniwheats, a bagel, Preworkout

Fats- almonds, olive oil, avacado, natty pb, cashews, flaxseed

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
After falling into the whole low fat fad And reading more about higher fat lower carb diets, it makes sense to increase your fat intake. Definately consider having 2-3 cooked eggs with the yolks and maybe drop the carbs a notch? On my first bulk where I gained 60lb's or so, I wish i could turn the clocks back and just lower my carb intake so I could have less fat gain to deal with later. Dont forget you need your fats for healthy testosterone levels amongst other hormones :)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
u say to increase fat but how much is too much, cuz im lookin to bulk with low carbs as well. I would like to be able to do this but im already around 90g a day at 130 lbs and still not gaining sooo how high would u think woudl be too high, im also getting in around 250 protein and 200-240 carbs a day

xlb57

xlb57

Awards
u say to increase fat but how much is too much, cuz im lookin to bulk with low carbs as well. I would like to be able to do this but im already around 90g a day at 130 lbs and still not gaining sooo how high would u think woudl be too high, im also getting in around 250 protein and 200-240 carbs a day
Why looking to bulk with low carbs? They are quite useful when trying to bulk.

manicstudio

Awards
Atleast 90g of fat...shouldn't a recomp lean bulk...be more like high protein low carbs and hight fat...like 50 15 35...and 60p 20c 30f on 2 carbs days for refeed...I dunno somebody??