Incline Walking on Bulk?

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I want to start doing about 20-30min Incline(15) Walking(3.0) after my work outs possibly 3 times a week. I want to cut my bodyfat down and lose my belly but I still want to gain weight (pretty much impossible).
Do you think the walking will affect my bulk?

CoNs

Awards
will hopefully minimize you adding more fat during you bulk

defintly wont get your ripped if thats what you are thinking

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I hear that from walking after workout you are burning fat by staying in 65% of your heartrate rather then with running your burning muscle to. Is this true?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yes this is true. My target heart rate for burning just fat is 128.

lgkitfox

lgkitfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's a good idea to burst the notion that to bulk you have to be sedentary. I think that we will eventually see a shift of thinking as more and more people become reluctant to pack on the pounds then do an extreme cut to lose the unwanted poundages - and, some muscle as well :(

It's called a 'recomp', where you minimize fat gains (and the finer sciences of a recomp will see you LOSING bodyfat %) and still pack on lean mass increasing your total lb/kg weight. A good way to go about doign this is keeping your bulkign diet full of clean foods, and as you've suggested in your post, do some light cardio coupla times a week (minimum 20 mins).

Goodluck on your bulk!