14 Years old, 5'6 190 20% need some advice.

LetFireFall

Awards
I'm at about 20% bodyfat right now I trained for about 2 months prior than had to stop (football, school, I had no time at all. All I've done is cut (from like 35% bodyfat) should I eat maintance calories? If I do that will I be able to lower bodyfat percentage (from muscle gained) and gain muscle? Pretty much a body recomp. Is it a good idea? Or should I continue cutting?

Thanks,
mike

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I'm at about 20% bodyfat right now I trained for about 2 months prior than had to stop (football, school, I had no time at all. All I've done is cut (from like 35% bodyfat) should I eat maintance calories? If I do that will I be able to lower bodyfat percentage (from muscle gained) and gain muscle? Pretty much a body recomp. Is it a good idea? Or should I continue cutting?

Thanks,
mike
Nice to hear a younster getting in shape these days as the average american child/adult has seem to have loss all drive and motivation.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
Nice to hear a younster getting in shape these days as the average american child/adult has seem to have loss all drive and motivation.
yep, youth is wasted on the young (for the most part)

LetFireFall

Awards
Haha thanks guys, I still need some help with my question though if you don't mind awnsering.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established

Thanks,
mike
Heres how i do it: keep cutting until you feel happy with the results aka taking your shirt off in front of gals(confidently and figure out what weak areas you may have(all do), this is then followed by a bulking cycle make it lean!Emphazing your weak points, also working others. Furthermore this is followed by another cut and finished with a recomp. Thus starting the cycle all over again whether you start with bulking or cutting you cycle should look somewhat similar(as everyone has their opinions/views and training methods). Hope this helped! Good Luck!

LetFireFall

Awards
Thanks, deffinetly helpful, I repped you but I doubt it did much.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, deffinetly helpful, I repped you but I doubt it did much.
Its all good when you get a little older there are things that will aid in progression(faster) as of now you need to look at diet, i'd love to see i. At 20 %bf you def need some work. Anyways good luck!

LetFireFall

Awards
I take a few supplements, I've done my homework on them, Whey,Creatine, (vitamin c and multivitamin I've been ttaking them since about 4 years old)

heres my diet:
Meal 1 (470 Calories, 39g of protein, 32g of carbs,10.5g of fat)
½ cup of Oats
1 scoop of whey
250 ml of milk

Meal 2 (480 Calories, 34g of protein, 25g of carbs, 10g of fat)
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on whole wheat bread)
Whey

Meal 3 (400 calories, 40g of protein, 5 g of carbs, 12 g of fat)
2 chicken breast
Salad with low fat dressing
dressing

Meal 4 (520 Calories, 18g of protein,40g of carbs, 26.5 g of fat)
1 serving of almonds
Serving of oats
1 tbsp of Peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread

Immediately post workout: (170 calories, 25g of protein , 2 g of carbs, 0g of fat) Whey shake

Meal 5 (421 Calories, 44g of protein, 40g of carbs,8g of fat)
2 Chicken Breast
Baked potato

Meal 6 (240 calories, 13g of protein, 24g of carbs, 19g of fat)
1 tbsp of peanut butter
250 ml of milk
(2701 calories,213g of protein, 168g of carbs, 86g of fat)

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I take a few supplements, I've done my homework on them, Whey,Creatine, (vitamin c and multivitamin I've been ttaking them since about 4 years old)

heres my diet:
Meal 1 (470 Calories, 39g of protein, 32g of carbs,10.5g of fat)
½ cup of Oats
1 scoop of whey
250 ml of milk

Meal 2 (480 Calories, 34g of protein, 25g of carbs, 10g of fat)
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on whole wheat bread)
Whey

Meal 3 (400 calories, 40g of protein, 5 g of carbs, 12 g of fat)
2 chicken breast
Salad with low fat dressing
dressing

Meal 4 (520 Calories, 18g of protein,40g of carbs, 26.5 g of fat)
1 serving of almonds
Serving of oats
1 tbsp of Peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread

Immediately post workout: (170 calories, 25g of protein , 2 g of carbs, 0g of fat) Whey shake

Meal 5 (421 Calories, 44g of protein, 40g of carbs,8g of fat)
2 Chicken Breast
Baked potato

Meal 6 (240 calories, 13g of protein, 24g of carbs, 19g of fat)
1 tbsp of peanut butter
250 ml of milk
(2701 calories,213g of protein, 168g of carbs, 86g of fat)

HOLY $hit man
Not to be mean are you on a lean bulk thats alot of carbs while cutting not to mention the fact that you need to be in a calorie DEFICEIT at the end of the day. Try revising lol you must be cranking the cardio and killing the weights to have a diet like this...while cutting WAY TO MUCH FOOD,throw some broccolli and for carbs try quinoa like rice for an excellent carb source(fortified with all essintial amino acids) just a few suggestions and my 2 cents feel free to update your meal plan.

LetFireFall

Awards
168g of carbs is alot? I was told under 1 gram of carbs per pound of bodyweight on a cut. I am in deficit my maintance is 3500, it's german miscronized creatine.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Id go for something with less of a bloat i refuse to do reg mono or even micronized creatine as i am not on creatine now,i may be in the future i rcommend clout by man, green mag by controlled labs, neovar by AP or kre alakalyn

LetFireFall

Awards
I did a "cycle" of creatine mono before, not miscronised and never got the bloat that I've heard about.

If 168g of carbs is too much how many should I eat in a day?

LetFireFall

Awards
Also I hit the weights 3 times a week right now, deciding between an oly lifting program versus bill stars 5x5 program.

I do cardio after every workout and on the weekends I ski for about 12 hours total which is a **** load of calories burned.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
You need higher reps lol 5x5 while cutting who gave you that idea I thought that ws optimal for bulking even know i'd never dare do that. As it wouldnt be beneficial to me at all.

anchorman0890

Awards
first of all, good work bro!! everyone will attest to the fact that there are even pros that dont have the drive u seem to.

ok, as far as ur diet like all others said u need to cut out carbs for sure. but i wouldnt go below 100 g a day, u dont wanna become hypoglycemic and black out one day cuz ur just exhausted. i remember i did a workout scheme where i would load carbs for 2 days (150 g) then eat almost no carbs for 5 days (50 g...thats like 4 pieces of bread lol) and i felt horrible for most of the day but especially for my workouts. and feeling bad during a workout usually doesnt equate to good results. but i cut the weight and decided to find another meal plan to facilitate my future cutting cycles.

some good things to eat while cutting, not only tasty but good for u: tofu, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, pretty much all squashes, asparagus, ****AKE MUSRHOOOOOMS (my favorite haha)

as im vegetarian its not hard for me to shift into a cutting diet...since its not much diff from my normal diet haha but the point here is just search online for some vegetarian recipes since theyre all pretty low calorie and low fat, now low carbs will be something u have to look for. us vegetarians survive off our carbs :)

LetFireFall

Awards
You need higher reps lol 5x5 while cutting who gave you that idea I thought that ws optimal for bulking even know i'd never dare do that. As it wouldnt be beneficial to me at all.
I've been told numerous times that when your cutting you don't change your workout plan, you change your diet. Besides, I'm not a bodybuilder, I've never really gone over 8 reps usually 5 and under reps, I want to be a powerlifter.

And to the other guy thanks for the help, so I should lower my carbs from 168 down to around 100? Any ideas what to cut out, I'm cutting out most of the almonds already.

anchorman0890

Awards
yea bro, we share a lot too since im a powerlifter as well.

that was sometihng u shoulda said a while ago lol..i would strongly encourage u to eat as many fruits and vegetables as u want and keep the carbs under 100. now this isnt gonna do much for ur weight training but ull cut weight like crazy if ur doing cardio like u say.

if ur content on cutting weight keep doin what ur doin but itll only make putting bigger weights up harder. not to make ur decision hard but what i would do is eat like crazy but also do tons of cardio and plyometrics. as far as type of training if u want to compete in highschool which im assuming u do, stick to olympic, it develops every major muscle group without having to think about it where other types isolate the muscle groups having u do more sets and more exercises. my favorite exercise is the snatch but its kinda risky if uve never done it before, make sure u have somebody to show u what to do before u go out doing it on ur own. but olympic training revolves around clean and jerk (possibly the most technical exercise out there) and snatch. both are total body lifts which require powerful legs, hips, back, and upper chest and shoulder/arms. theres nothing else like it.

but im pretty sure as long as u incorporate heavy cardio and weight training the weight will come off. the body reroutes the nutrients to where they need to go no matter how much ur getting.

Laxislife1265

Awards
I've been told numerous times that when your cutting you don't change your workout plan, you change your diet. Besides, I'm not a bodybuilder, I've never really gone over 8 reps usually 5 and under reps, I want to be a powerlifter.

And to the other guy thanks for the help, so I should lower my carbs from 168 down to around 100? Any ideas what to cut out, I'm cutting out most of the almonds already.
Im your age and I have been weight training for a year and cutting weight for about a month. Im 5'9.5" and usually around 125-140 depending on whether or not i have wrestling.
Well when I cut for wrestling I generally try to up my reps and weight as well as do extra stuff to burn calories. Joggin helps. Wrestling practice also helps me alot. But a really strict diet is the best thing you can have. If your the kinda guy that likes to eat alot you should be eating lots of vegetables and chicken. I love to eat so what I did was just eat a lot of salad and a lot of grilled chicken with some eggs sometimes I also ate less. When you eat less your stomach shrinks and that will help you feel more full but dont crash diet. Lower the amount you eat slowly. I have a really fast metabolism so I drop fat by throttling the workouts for a little bit and really tightening up my diet then when i have dropped the fat it doesnt come back. But if your not that way I would say get used to eating chicken and veggies (at least if you want to keep the fat off). Hope this helps and good luck.

MofliA

Awards
After you cut down,
I think its best to stay somewhere in between 10% and 12% body fat for bulking.
any less would make it a little harder to add on weight, and any more might be unnecessary fat.

Last edited:

damnglass

Awards
After you cut down,
I think its best to stay somewhere in between 10% and 12% body fat for bulking.
any less would make it a little harder to add on weight, and any more might be unnecessary fat.
where i am,works well.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
- Lift HEAVY 3 times a week. 30-45 minute Workouts

-Do intense, 20 minute cardio sessions 3 times a week.

-Eat around 1.5g of protein/lb you weigh

-dont lower your carbs like these people are saying unless you go on a CKD or TKD type diet. Just limit your bad carb intake.

-Eat your healthy fats. Get some olive oil and unleash the power of monounsatuarted fats.

-Keep the saturated fats down around 15-20g a day.

-Eat -500 calories from your maintience level.

Make a fitday account, and track what you eat and look at the marconutrient breakdons.

I would do something like:

275g Protein
240g Carbs (fruits, veggies, whole wheats)
75g Fats (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, polyunsaturated, avacodos)

I dont see why people freak out about carbs all the time. Yes low carbs may help, but they do supply energy. 168g of carbs IS NOT A LOT. I eat 600g a day and still am somewhat lean on a rather dirty type bulk. If your looking to get into sub 10% bf, then you might want to go on carb-restricting diets.

But as along as your train hard and eat SMART, these crazy diets arent needed.

LetFireFall

Awards
you sure this kids 14?

im having some doubts.
Why would you not think I'm 14? I attend a middle school, I'm in 8th grade. If you want I can take a picture of my students card as it has my picture/school/birth date on it.

And to everyone else thank you for the help, I finally got another gym membership, first workout again was last night hit delts and traps today I'm going to hit bis/tris and calves, feels good to get back in to it.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Why would you not think I'm 14? I attend a middle school, I'm in 8th grade. If you want I can take a picture of my students card as it has my picture/school/birth date on it.

And to everyone else thank you for the help, I finally got another gym membership, first workout again was last night hit delts and traps today I'm going to hit bis/tris and calves, feels good to get back in to it.
If your looking to lose fat, work your big muscles first. Legs, Back and Chest. then do arms and abs and traps and calves.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Props dude. Really great to see someone that's young actually looking to their diet at their main supplement. You've already got a lot of good advice coming at ya, just stopping by to say good job and keep at it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your looking to lose fat, work your big muscles first. Legs, Back and Chest. then do arms and abs and traps and calves.
Spot reduction doesn't work in any capacity, fat loss is almost exclusively dependent on diet. Working larger muscles will contribute to a stronger, more balanced core, but besides a larger effect on net-calorie expenditure, will do nothing to expedite fat loss.

Focus on diet.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
do some hardcore cardio. and eat lots of fruits and veggies. do longer sets. try 8-12 reps. good luck man. hope my little advice helps! lift till your arms are completely shot. and sweat alot. wrestling practice helps ill second that because i am a wrestler. haha.

james55555

james55555

Awards
hi,am james,16,200-205,you need to drop the milk and bake poetatoe!!add a little protien,esp. in meal 4.you need to be around 15% bodyfat or less before starting bulk.i would love to help you out,just go to my post help you guru and ask.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
hi,am james,16,200-205,you need to drop the milk and bake poetatoe!!add a little protien,esp. in meal 4.you need to be around 15% bodyfat or less before starting bulk.i would love to help you out,just go to my post help you guru and ask.
lol first do you even know where the name "The Guru" originated i'm guessing not because your not sounding like one...at all

Just a reminder "The Guru" needs a haircut