Limit fat gain when ON CYCLE?

Eagleman003

Awards
My diet is really good and consists of all clean foods, yet with every cycle i seem to increase my waist size and bodyfat percentage. I also run dry compounds for the most part. I am running epistane at 30/30/40/40 and im on day 9 and my stomach seems much fuller and my abs are less aparent. I weigh around 220 at 11.3% bodyfat and my caloric maintence is around 3,200 and im trying to get in a good 4000-4200 calories in order to grow. But it seems like some of this gain is fat. I do cardio 3 times a week for 25 min as well! whast the deal?

BigJoeski3

BigJoeski3

Awards
I don't know what your diet consists of, but if you take in a lot of carbs, which is good for a bulking cycle, you are going to look a lil bloated and put on some fat. Its tough to gain ONLY lean mass, that is why Weider and others recommmend bulking then cutting. I am no expert, but 25 min of cardio is next to useless, unless it is high intensity, and high intesnity cardio is gonna hurt your muscle gains.
I would try cleaning up your carbs and fats, kep up your protein, and lengthen cardio to 45 min at low intensity 2-3 x week. But again, I am no expert, just my 2c

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
when you force X amount of calories into your body I dont see how the epistane or whatever cycle your on help burn off the calories.

Consider your body as a man building a house of bricks. He works at a rate of Y. Providing more bricks will not make him work any faster. It will make more pileups of bricks. Just look at it in this perspective. clean calories, dirty calories, they are all extra calories in the end. A jump from 3200 to 4200 is 1000 calories per day. In one week 7000 additional calories or approximately 2 pounds. Adding a hormonal compound like epi does help if your eatting more, but if you expect to just stay lean while eatting 4000 calories, your wrong sir. Your body is building mass at X rate. On epi it builds at X+Z rate. Reguardless, whatever else you add to it turns to fat. Sure the worker is working faster than usual but guess what... he still has a stash of bricks that he cant use because its coming at him too quickly. More food doesnt always = growth. Many get the misconception of 4000 calories = lots of mass. No... 4000 calories = lots of fat :)

Eagleman003

Awards
ok I guess im going to eat one less meal then a day. I was eating aroud 7 meals im gonna cut it down to 6 now and be just around 600 calories above maintence untill I reach my desired level of fat. I started the cycle at 11.2% @ 216.5 and now 9 days later I am 219.5 @ 12.0%. GRRRR! So in a 3 pound gain i probablly gained 1 pound of muscle, 1 pound of water and glycogen and 1 pound of fat lol. great :(