clean bulking w/taking a ECA STACK - bulking gurus help!

  1. Registered User
    BIGGUNZ401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    324
    Answers
    0

    clean bulking w/taking a ECA STACK - bulking gurus help!


    this is probally a stupid question..but I really dont know the answer.. What if you was cleaning bulking say taking in for the macros:

    1.5 x body weight for protein
    1.5 x body weight for complex carbs
    0.5 x body weight for good fats

    and taking a ECA Stack.. would this work??for gaining muscle and losing fat?

    A little more information about me:

    3 months ago I weighed at 154 lbs, 33 inch waist, 5ft 4 inches at a 14% or 15% BF and now im 130lbs, 29 inch waist, at probally a 8-10% body fat. Its really sad that I lost alot of muscle as well...Ill post some pics up soon, because im planning to run a log.

    In the first month my diet sucked because i drank alcohol and wasnt that motivated. The following 2 months it was very clean.

    I weight trained 5x a week and did empty stomach morning cardio 5-6 a week.

    My main goals are to gain back some of the muscle that i lost during the cut and lose one or two more inches on the waist.

    A little confused on what to do? thanks ahead for the advice..

  2. Registered User
    t-bone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    I don't think the ECA stack is going to add much. Make sure your diet is clean and tweak total cals depending if you believe you are accumulating fat too quickly. You could take the EC stack prior to cardio, but I don't think it is going to make a huge difference if you are in a positive caloric balance.
  3. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by t-bone2 View Post
    I don't think the ECA stack is going to add much. Make sure your diet is clean and tweak total cals depending if you believe you are accumulating fat too quickly. You could take the EC stack prior to cardio, but I don't think it is going to make a huge difference if you are in a positive caloric balance.
    agreed.If your goal is to lean bulk adding fat burners does not overall cut fat. If you are in a positive caloric balance, and take things like fat burners and ECA stack, your basically negating the calories. Fat burners do not target fat and only fat. Adding calories in from a bulk and taking a fat burner would only be negating the effects of a bulk. In other words it would just slow down the bulking process. Might I suggest a extremely clean diet without an ECA stack. It will prevent too much fat from being added on while also adding mass to you. You are what you eat, no fat burner is going to give you a leaner bulk, but rather a slow one instead.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    BIGGUNZ401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    324
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    agreed.If your goal is to lean bulk adding fat burners does not overall cut fat. If you are in a positive caloric balance, and take things like fat burners and ECA stack, your basically negating the calories. Fat burners do not target fat and only fat. Adding calories in from a bulk and taking a fat burner would only be negating the effects of a bulk. In other words it would just slow down the bulking process. Might I suggest a extremely clean diet without an ECA stack. It will prevent too much fat from being added on while also adding mass to you. You are what you eat, no fat burner is going to give you a leaner bulk, but rather a slow one instead.
    okay thanks for the advice. One thing I dont get is why would someone take a fat burner while bulking, im pretty sure I seen logs where people would take leviathan and clean bulk.
  5. Registered User
    BigCasino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    581
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNZ401 View Post
    okay thanks for the advice. One thing I dont get is why would someone take a fat burner while bulking, im pretty sure I seen logs where people would take leviathan and clean bulk.
    I think some people did that Leviathan for the nutrient partitioning effect.
  6. Banned
    drksun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    319
    Answers
    0


    What about some DCP from RPN?
  7. Registered User
    t-bone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNZ401 View Post
    okay thanks for the advice. One thing I dont get is why would someone take a fat burner while bulking, im pretty sure I seen logs where people would take leviathan and clean bulk.
    Because, like you, everyone wants to add muscle while maintaining or (preferably) dropping BF. Body recomp is difficult, but not impossible. If you are bulking, it will be difficult to add LBM only without incurring some fat.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,233
    Answers
    0


    why not bulk for a few weeks, and cut for 2-3 weeks?
  9. Registered User
    Dagron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    221
    Answers
    0


    Dude ECA is the **** for bulking, I don't care what any of these guys will tell you... as for me, I've always grown best on volume, and you can do some sick volume while on EC like it's a breeze. Drop sets never felt so easy :good:
  10. Registered User
    BIGGUNZ401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    324
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
    Dude ECA is the **** for bulking, I don't care what any of these guys will tell you... as for me, I've always grown best on volume, and you can do some sick volume while on EC like it's a breeze. Drop sets never felt so easy :good:
    maybe ill give it a try.. you never know what works for your body until you try.!
  11. Registered User
    Brunoh's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  161 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0


    So how did it work BIGGUNZ401?
    Would you do it again?

    Or does anyone else have first hand experience on bulking with and without ECA?
    I know the basic arguments, but anytime you get comment like Dagron's you start to wonder..
  12. Registered User
    Swelly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    sorta off topic but honestly man...and I think many would agree- I am similiar stats then you about 10 lbs and an inch taller, I'd say just eat your heart out. 140 is pretty damn light I know because I was lighter than that when I started. You can still make huge gains naturally...eat/lift/eat/sleep. But beyond that I'd say an ECA stack if you are calorie surplus might just hinder your gains...never done it though so not sure
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 09:21 PM
  2. best thing to take with ECA stack?
    By JayRock in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 12:02 PM
  3. New Staple Stack: Bulk Nettle/Bulk Androstenetrione
    By gotDOMS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM
  4. Bulk or cut with this stack?
    By 5111 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 09:29 AM
  5. Can I take V12 + and ECA stack??
    By intel55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in