Requesting a training/nutritional plan

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

Requesting a training/nutritional plan

Heres the breakdown, I'm looking to tighten up by about 15 pounds of muscle within maybe summer of 08. I'll be working out (which if someone could also help me with a training plan as well), so I need a good nutritional plan.

I'm 6'0, 145 pounds and I'm looking to get to about 160 lbs by summer of 08' if not then fall of 08'

So if someone could either help me, lead to me to a good site that will have instructions for me, or make me a proper plan, that'd be greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Its been alot of trial and error for me, but I figured it out. The first few months you will see the greatest results i think, so eat right and train right, and you will do great, probably exceeding your goals, take advantage of these first few months. So here's my advice.

Eat healthy with advice here or at bodybuilding.com . There's no such thing as the perfect program but you might find something decent again at bodybuilding.com . Remember not to do the same thing day in and day out though, if after the program you do it again and don't have the same effects, take a break and do something different, theres no such thing as a perfect program, its the change that makes your body anabolic, well thats what i believe. Anyways, go through bodybuilding.com and this forum and site, im sure it will help you.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.91%

i have to agree with williell, you will find the first few months very great results wise, do your research first though, but yes its all about trial and error!!! good luck!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.94%

At 6ft - 145lbs , I would assume you are very skinny. The best advice anyone is going to give you is to eat. Your metabolic rate is most likely very high and efficient. I would suggest that you eat a lot of food and when i mean a lot, I mean eat every couple hours. This is the only way your going to be able to add sufficient muscle mass. Lift heavy and Eat your brains out.

Types of food would be great are

Steak
    Potatoes
    Peanut butter
    Chicken
    home made burgers
    Pasta
    High calorie protein shakes
    and so on. hope this helps you man
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

look for some books.. a decent book is Skip LaCour's Bodybuilding Nutrition. It is an easy read and should get you started on the right path, especially since you are just first starting out.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

Eat loads.

Get at least 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight, eat healthy greens/veggies with every meal (NON starchy!) if able, make your carbs complex carbs AND fiber (coupled w/ veggies will help stave off fat gains and stoke your metabolism..that may seem unlikely to you but if your eating alot COULD happen!).

Try not to combine fats/carbs in the same breath (and by that i mean meal) both are complex and hard for the body to break down and while it's dealing with one the other will be converted into fat as it's unused energy!.

Don't eat carbs 4 hrs before bed, excepting that you work out in the evening/at night. Have a caseinated (long digesting) protein source ready for bed so your body doesnt catabolize (eat itself up) while you rest/sleep (cotatge cheese, casein whey, tbsp of pea nut butter etc).

Speaking of SLEEP..this is very important, as much or more to you, as exercising and eating properly. Your body's transformation is made in the kitchen, and in bed..when ya tear it down in the gym, you gotta build it up at home and makign sure you get plenty of rest and sleep is KEY to growth.

Best of luck hope this helps!
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.5%

Quote Originally Posted by lgkitfox View Post
    Eat loads.

Get at least 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight, eat healthy greens/veggies with every meal (NON starchy!) if able, make your carbs complex carbs AND fiber (coupled w/ veggies will help stave off fat gains and stoke your metabolism..that may seem unlikely to you but if your eating alot COULD happen!).

Try not to combine fats/carbs in the same breath (and by that i mean meal) both are complex and hard for the body to break down and while it's dealing with one the other will be converted into fat as it's unused energy!.

Don't eat carbs 4 hrs before bed, excepting that you work out in the evening/at night. Have a caseinated (long digesting) protein source ready for bed so your body doesnt catabolize (eat itself up) while you rest/sleep (cotatge cheese, casein whey, tbsp of pea nut butter etc).

Speaking of SLEEP..this is very important, as much or more to you, as exercising and eating properly. Your body's transformation is made in the kitchen, and in bed..when ya tear it down in the gym, you gotta build it up at home and makign sure you get plenty of rest and sleep is KEY to growth.

Best of luck hope this helps!
    Go read Alan Aragon on the subjects of carbs at night and meal separation.

It's nothing but superstition.

You can eat fats with carbs in bed with the lights out five seconds before you crash and cut up just fine.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:21 AM
  2. online nutrition/training/food plan protocols
    By montesj88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM
  4. Weight Training Nutrition Is Not Common Sense
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 01:25 PM
  5. need nutrition planned out..HELP please!
    By xRaceRx in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:34 PM