Looking to gain mass and strenght

  1. New Member
    DrizzleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    5.67%

    Question Looking to gain mass and strenght


    Im 19 yrs old. I do manual labor all day so i lift a good bit.. I havnt lifted weights ever seriously but i do do pushups and pull ups daily every change i get til i cant feel my arms.. stretches etc.. and eat descent. I drink protein shakes as well. I am looking to gain some mass but mainly strength.. like i said i dont use weights yet.. but it'll only be dumbells or w/e.. i cant afford a membership to gyms or buy a home workout station. Call me dumb, but one of my friends told me to buy omnevol and i did.. before i researched it and everyone seems to run the other way about it.. Any tips would be awesome! thanks.

  2. New Member
    LaGrange26's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    128
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    57.99%

    U dont need any supplements. U would need to seriously start lifting and dieting right to use any thing like that. If u want to increase ur size increase your food intake. Stregth gain with out lifting weights... seems difficult to me. I would say save up for a gym membership and eat healthy.
  3. New Member
    basspro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    44
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    106
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    4.23%

    Take the Omnevol back to where you bought it and get a refund if you can it is nasty stuff. I would recommend that you do a search on it and see for yourself. I have had several so called friends that have taken it and they tried to get me to take it but I was skeptical. I started looking for information on this so called supplement and I found this website and it has been a very useful tool. I have since shared the info that I have gained and several of them did their own research and have stopped taking it. A few still are but at least they can't say that they haven't been warned.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    840
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Many variations of Body Weight Push-Ups http://ronjones.org/Coach&Train/Body...Ups/index.html

    Such as "Jack LaLanne" Push-Up

  5. New Member
    DrizzleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    5.67%

    thanks for the input guys. luckily the website i bought it from ran out and it is no longer on the market! so they refunded my money! i mean im already pretty c0ck strong because of all my jobs was heavy lifting. im cut as well. just the mass isnt there! maybe if i eat alot more and gain weight (but i already eat alot and stay the same weight 160lbs).. what would be a good diet to get on to gain weight for someone like me who is always active and constantly doing excersizes?
  6. New Member
    basspro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    44
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    106
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    4.23%

    To put on weight and size you are goning to have to increase your calorie intake. You need to figure out how many calories you are consuming now daily and increase that amount until you reach your desired results. But you dont want to eat the wrong foods and just get fat. I would search through this forum and read some of the other threads on how to gain weight. The experts are giving plenty of free advice to the other guys that will help you out too. Good Luck!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2154356
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DrizzleB View Post
    thanks for the input guys. luckily the website i bought it from ran out and it is no longer on the market! so they refunded my money! i mean im already pretty c0ck strong because of all my jobs was heavy lifting. im cut as well. just the mass isnt there! maybe if i eat alot more and gain weight (but i already eat alot and stay the same weight 160lbs).. what would be a good diet to get on to gain weight for someone like me who is always active and constantly doing excersizes?
    use the SEARCH button por favor'

    Then post some questions
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  8. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1575
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by basspro View Post
    Take the Omnevol back to where you bought it and get a refund if you can it is nasty stuff. I would recommend that you do a search on it and see for yourself. I have had several so called friends that have taken it and they tried to get me to take it but I was skeptical. I started looking for information on this so called supplement and I found this website and it has been a very useful tool. I have since shared the info that I have gained and several of them did their own research and have stopped taking it. A few still are but at least they can't say that they haven't been warned.
    What is this Omnevol?and what in it/whos the manufacturer?
  9. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2355
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    What is this Omnevol?and what in it/whos the manufacturer?
    Dont worry about it...its not worth it.

    No offense but how can you know how strong you are if you have never tested it in the gym. Dead. Bench. Squat.?

    I say supps wont do any good unless you are actually lifting. My job is laboring but it is far from enough to gain any good muscle and mass.

    Google. 5x5 program for lifting.
    Get BCAAs and Protein as only supp right now.
    But before all try to get a gym membership.
  10. New Member
    DrizzleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    5.67%

    i guess because the things i lift and throw over my shoulder such as hydraulic hoses that are 100 feet long and weight a little over 2 lbs a foot not including the ends that weight 5lbs a peice.. etc. id say i know about how much i can lift.. i just dont do it in the gym... thats all
  11. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2154356
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DrizzleB View Post
    i guess because the things i lift and throw over my shoulder such as hydraulic hoses that are 100 feet long and weight a little over 2 lbs a foot not including the ends that weight 5lbs a peice.. etc. id say i know about how much i can lift.. i just dont do it in the gym... thats all
    There is a difference. My old man installs commercial doors. The steele ones in the back of retailer's type. Those are heavy as hell and he throws them around like sheets of peg board. We were lifting about 4 years ago. He could barley put up 150 on the bench, i dont think there's much of a correlation
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  12. New Member
    dadream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    277
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    32.22%

    As someone else said use the search button. I see this question everyday but when it comes down to it you need 3 thinigs. 1)Eat a lot(of good foods of course) 2)lift weight and get in the gym-pushups and streching arent going to cut it 3)rest- dont overtrain. I know you want a bunch of people to give you there opinion of how to get big but you need to find what works for you. first you must have patience, Rome wasn't bulit in a day, then research and learn as this site has all the info you need and lots of friendly people to help you along the way. good luck
  13. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1575
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dadream View Post
    As someone else said use the search button. I see this question everyday but when it comes down to it you need 3 thinigs. 1)Eat a lot(of good foods of course) 2)lift weight and get in the gym-pushups and streching arent going to cut it 3)rest- dont overtrain. I know you want a bunch of people to give you there opinion of how to get big but you need to find what works for you. first you must have patience, Rome wasn't bulit in a day, then research and learn as this site has all the info you need and lots of friendly people to help you along the way. good luck
    Amen to that unlike BB.com AM.com folks are willing to assist you not argue or tell you how wrong you are!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. trying to gain mass and get bigger arms!
    By lund94 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 11:00 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 07:39 PM
  4. Triazole & Activate Extreme To gain size and strenght ?
    By maik in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 02:26 PM
  5. Looking to gain mass/weight
    By benz660r in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in