buliking for football

sully853

Awards
Hey guys im a senior in highschool and am going to play DIII football next year, i weigh about 6'1 205-210 and am an offencive lineman/ D end/ Out side linbacker and am looking to put on some about 25 pounds before late july early august. im currently lifting 4-5 days a week for an hour using the BFS program

SO WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO suppliment wise eatign wise

P.S I will take anything

MackaBella

Awards
hahaha

He's right, don't use any supplements, booster, creatine, not even protein powders,,,,,, you're too young!

sully853

Awards
i will probley end up playing DE/ outside linebacker

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM sully... I too play DE, currently at the JC level. I was about your size coming out of HS as well.. I do not know much about the bigger-faster-stronger program. But from what i can see, this program is ideal for someone who is just beginning to train hard, and learn about sport performance/sport specific training techniques. So i guess i cant really give you much advice on your training program, seeing as you are already dedicated to BFS...

As for your diet, its pretty simple.. You are going to be playing on the line. Therefore, you are going to need as much mass as possible. I would not worry about adding a little bit of body fat, along with the accrued lean muscle mass. Your maintenance calories are probably around 2800-3000. So, you must make sure that you are always taking in at least 3500 cals per day in order gain weight. Try to consume about one gram of protein per pound of body weight, i would say that if your goal is to weigh 225 then get 225 grams of protein per day..

Yes, you can begin supplementing... You are an adult, and can make your own decisions.. But, don't go listening to every f@cking d!p sh!t that that tells you phera this and drol that...

The honest truth sully is that you can legally obtain what are in essence legit designer st@roids. But i can tell you from experience, it isn't worth it... not at your age, with limited training and diet experience... from most important to least important goes: DIET, TRAINING, SLEEP... Once you have these things established then and only then do i recommend that you begin supplementing with anything other than protein, and/or weight gainer shakes..

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Work on your explosiveness and change of direction, read up about joe defranco, hes put out some amazing athletes. For supplements i would go with FOOD, protein powder ( i like ON pro-complex), some CEE, maybe some sort of "non hormonal" stack even though all these things are hormonal..thats what people call them, you could try RPM+Drive or the NHA stack, or the ALRI stack with JW+BAM+Restore, iv'e tried RPM it helps me with my workouts, don't go the designer steroid route.. Taking JW at 18 is kinda sketch, i wouldn't recommend it but its an option, even though im 18 and i took it and other things i shouldn't of taken.. What ever you decide to take make sure you read about it and do your research..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
A multi, whey, and creatine are the basics. You need to look into plyometrics for football since you want to be quick and strong at the point of attack. Diet is the main key though, nail it and the skys the limit.

Fujitsu

Fujitsu

Awards
Learning to put on muscle is like learning how to hook up with a girl. I’m serious! Remember getting all caught up with the stupid stuff – How is my hair? Am I tan enough? Do I look gay enough in all these Abercrombie clothes? What was the reward from worrying about these little details? No ladies! Eventually we learn that the only thing that matters is being confident, funny, and outgoing. Ladies dig the confident, funny, outgoing dudes. And when we realize that it is the most awesome thing in the world. It’s a mental revolution that opens up endless possibility with the female kind.

Adding muscle mass is the same way. Bros get so caught up with supplements, supplement timing, training routines, etc, but they forget about the basics. Train hard, sleep, and eat a caloric surplus. Do these things consistently and you will add muscle. Sure the details help, but only if you get the basics right. If you can’t add muscle without supplements, you probably can’t add muscle with them. My best advice is to be VERY diligent with your diet. Keep a journal and know exactly what you are eating everyday, along with macronutrient tallies. When you figure this out, you will finally start to realize the potential for your body. And that is an exciting feeling.

Blake100

Awards
Hey, the guys have givven you some great advice!!!

Don't worry about adding a little bit of fat, you need mass -after all. And concentrate on heavy lifts in the gym. Very heavy squats and deadlift.

Good luck!

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Learning to put on muscle is like learning how to hook up with a girl. I’m serious! Remember getting all caught up with the stupid stuff – How is my hair? Am I tan enough? Do I look gay enough in all these Abercrombie clothes? What was the reward from worrying about these little details? No ladies! Eventually we learn that the only thing that matters is being confident, funny, and outgoing. Ladies dig the confident, funny, outgoing dudes. And when we realize that it is the most awesome thing in the world. It’s a mental revolution that opens up endless possibility with the female kind.

Adding muscle mass is the same way. Bros get so caught up with supplements, supplement timing, training routines, etc, but they forget about the basics. Train hard, sleep, and eat a caloric surplus. Do these things consistently and you will add muscle. Sure the details help, but only if you get the basics right. If you can’t add muscle without supplements, you probably can’t add muscle with them. My best advice is to be VERY diligent with your diet. Keep a journal and know exactly what you are eating everyday, along with macronutrient tallies. When you figure this out, you will finally start to realize the potential for your body. And that is an exciting feeling.
wise words :goodpost:

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
A multi, whey, and creatine are the basics. You need to look into plyometrics for football since you want to be quick and strong at the point of attack. Diet is the main key though, nail it and the skys the limit.
"DO IT, DO IT NOW!" (arnold voice)

sully853

Awards
could one of you guys possibly out line a diet for me

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You need about 4200 calories
50% carbs = 525 grams
30% protein = 315 grams
20% fats = 94 grams

1 chicken breats = 36 grams of protein
1 cup of oats = 54 grams of carbs, 10 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat
2 tablespoons of peanut butter = 16 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbs, 8 grams of protein
1 cup of broccoli = 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein. EAT BROCCOLI, IT'S GOOD FOR YOU.
1 egg = 6 grams of protein, 4.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs. Eggs are just awesome and they are great source of protein. Highest PER of all proteins.

Work with this and set up a plan that works for you.

Blake100

Awards
Make sure you get those carbs in

1.first thing in the morning
2.two meals after the workout