How??

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so here's the story:

Last year me and my workout buddy went to distant college's. He was about 23% bf 200lbs and I was 165lbs at 14%. We are both 6ft tall. He had been lifting for about 3 years, without much knowlegde and I had just finished cutting from his size over 6months (as long as I had been lifting). We had very similar genetics. So we meet in the gym a few month later over christmas break, he had not touched the gym and barely ate for 3 months. He was about the same size as I had been and I had put on 10 pounds so I was kinda putting it in his face. He was at about 16% bf though.

So, I went back to school after the break and he took the semester off (couldn't handle college=why he barely ate, etc). So after second semester I come back to the gym and see this huge guy in the gym and I'm like who is that???? It was him!! He was now 210lbs at 16% (45lbs in about 3 months). I was like WTF and asked how?

He simply said since he had no job, it was winter, and nothing else to do, he simply spent 3hrs a day in the gym, 6 days a week. He just ate, slept, and lifted 3 hrs a day (way overtraining). The only supps he used was 1 scoop whey preworkout....nothing post. He doesn't know much about supps and all that btw....he couldn't even feed himself at college. I will also note that he was a hairy monster now lol.

So how???? He overtrained, had no structured routine or diet, no real supps and put on an amazing 45lbs (almost all lean...for an endo). These were not beginner gains either, he was lifting for 3 years prior. He was 19 at the time...did he get a steroid like natural test boost or something? This is crazy. Anyways I had to eat my words and swallow hard after chuckling at him during Christmas break.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Judging from what you have presented, the answer is fairly obvious. Does he look bloated? :lol:

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
no bloat

No Bloat. You have to understand, this guy is a momma's boy and not independent at all. He just started whey, there's no way he does roids or knows anything about them. He buys his whey at a local Rite Aid Pharmacy, which doesn't carry PH's so that is ruled out. I can't explain it.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
no way he does roids or knows anything about them. He buys his whey at a local Rite Aid Pharmacy, which doesn't carry PH's so that is ruled out. I can't explain it.
The ONLY way 45lbs comes in three months is
A) all fat,
B) Juice-Induced-Muscle + Juice-Induced-Water Retention + Fat

Sounds like he's B.

Really, there are no if's and's or but's about it. We've got a few hundred thousand bodybuilding forum members between here and the other forums who are pretty much evidence of that.

Oh, and similar starting build does not equal similar genetics. People respond differently to stimuli.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No Bloat. You have to understand, this guy is a momma's boy and not independent at all. He just started whey, there's no way he does roids or knows anything about them.
Even more reason why he might not tell you. You don't have to know all that much to get gains from AAS. Keeping the gains and not ****ing yourself up in the process is a different story...

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
???

I really know he's no juicing, that's why I'm stumpped. Could it be a natural burst of test though? He looked like a kid when I left and then a hairy man whenI came back lol.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I really know he's no juicing, that's why I'm stumpped. Could it be a natural burst of test though? He looked like a kid when I left and then a hairy man whenI came back lol.
Some people 'bloom' a little later. I really didn't start packing on lbs until I was ~23 or so.

But I will agree, 45#'s is a little much for only a few months, unless its mostly fat.

X