Post Your Bulking Tips Here - AnabolicMinds.com

Post Your Bulking Tips Here

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Post Your Bulking Tips Here

1) Premade food. Get 5 tupperware containers. On sunday, cook up a bunch of white rice, hamburger and tomato sauce. Add peppers spices whatever. Keep them stored in the fridge and take one per day to work or school. All set for the week.

2) GVT. German atheletes in the 70s used this program in the off-season. It was such a successful bulking program that many of them went up a weight class by the next year. It's loosely based around 10 sets of 10, for one exercise each muscle group. It can (and should) be cycled with a strength based program such as 5x5.

3) Protein shakes. Although whole food is preferable, between meals I will consume 30-40g of protein via shake to meet my daily requirements.

4) Water. Drink lots of water and keep your gastrointestinal system functioning properly due to the increased calorie consumption.

5) Casein. Drink a slow digesting protein to keep your body in an anabolic state.

6) All-in-one products. Just like your diet, 'think big'. A product like Ragnarok or Horsepower is great because they have a ton of stuff in them to feed your muscles. They cover alot of bases.

7) Boosting appetite. Try Ginseng, Black Hole from Controlled Labs or Grub-On from Anabolic Innovations. These products will make you hungry.

8) Test boosters. Increase your anabolic drive, appetite, strength and rest with a product such as ZMA, Powerfull or Blue Up. With increased calories and compound training principals, your test will already be high. These will only aid in your quest for growth.

9) Rest. I don't care how you do it, but you need to sleep. I personally take a 1-2 hour long nap almost every other day (I have to wake up early and therefor fit my Z's in whenever I can. Get enough sleep to grow, increase your GH and energy levels. Sleep is VERY important.

10) Big. Think, Eat, Train, Sleep, Drink big.

2. New Member

Oatmeal!!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Homemade MRP's if you're on the good. Training with intensity.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Meal plan and adjustments to meet goals. Rest is gravy.
  5. Senior Member

Insulin
  6. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Insulin
    god how could he let himself look that bad?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Here's how:

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

He maybe has a different perspective on bulking from me and you. He said he loves those krispy kreme's, maybe he got addicted to them LOL.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

nice tips Renegades!

I would say:

1. Drink alot of milk
    2. Do NOT remove yolks from eggs
    3. Peanutbutter is your friend
    4. Musclemilk has casiens and fats in it, utilize protiens of the sort.

Last but not least (This is mostly if your a hardgainer)

5. On off days, I took WheyProtienIsolate (WPI) and mixed 1g of protien per 1lbs. of bodyweight. with water and placed into a Gallon Jug (Old milk gallon) to be drank continuously throughout the off day.. I did this from 145lbs to about 172lbs
    (Roughly 150g of protein per gallon)

Again these tips incorporate more fats, I was 135 throughout highschool and even the first 3 years of college.. I was benching 225 as a Junior in colllege, I just looked like i was anorexic..(wasn't growing in size, only strength) Took me until I began drinking the protein gallon and drinking massive quantities of milk to put on some 20lbs.:clean:
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
    On off days, I took WheyProtienIsolate (WPI) and mixed 1g of protien per 1lbs. of bodyweight. with water and placed into a Gallon Jug (Old milk gallon) to be drank continuously throughout the off day.. I did this from 145lbs to about 172lbs
    (Roughly 150g of protein per gallon)
    Very nice tips MPFit. There was a recent study that demonstrated that sipping protein throughout the day was better for growth than taking the same quantity concentrated into one or two feedings. So it turns out you knew what you were doing and now you have the muscle to show for it. Way to go bro!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Very nice tips MPFit. There was a recent study that demonstrated that sipping protein throughout the day was better for growth than taking the same quantity concentrated into one or two feedings. So it turns out you knew what you were doing and now you have the muscle to show for it. Way to go bro!
    awesome.. I knew i was on to something
  12. Recovering AXoholic

DO NOT EAT BIG! Instead, eat frequent. And stop getting your panties in a bunch about pre/post workout nutrition. A lotta people (especially beginners) tend to focus too much on this, and not enough on the rest of their day.

Your body, whether in an anabolic state or a catabolic state (believe it or not), is continuously building new muscle. It doesn't stop an hour after your workout and it sure as **** doesn't stop when you go to bed.

Muscle tissue, however is about 1/5th as calorie dense as Adipose. Ever wonder why it's so hard to build muscle when it takes so few calories to put on a pound (approx. 600 Calories)? There's other agents limiting your protein turnover rate (PTOR).

Think of calories converting into muscle like a cup with a little hole in the bottom. If you dump a tpm water (calories) in the cup at once, it will overflow, the water will spill over the sides (calories stored as fat), and the cup will eventually drain out. If you pour in small, steady bits at a time, the cup won't overflow.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  13. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    DO NOT EAT BIG! Instead, eat frequent. And stop getting your panties in a bunch about pre/post workout nutrition. A lotta people (especially beginners) tend to focus too much on this, and not enough on the rest of their day.

Your body, whether in an anabolic state or a catabolic state (believe it or not), is continuously building new muscle. It doesn't stop an hour after your workout and it sure as **** doesn't stop when you go to bed.

Muscle tissue, however is about 1/5th as calorie dense as Adipose. Ever wonder why it's so hard to build muscle when it takes so few calories to put on a pound (approx. 600 Calories)? There's other agents limiting your protein turnover rate (PTOR).

Think of calories converting into muscle like a cup with a little hole in the bottom. If you dump a tpm water (calories) in the cup at once, it will overflow, the water will spill over the sides (calories stored as fat), and the cup will eventually drain out. If you pour in small, steady bits at a time, the cup won't overflow.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  14. Banned

I make a mid morning shake with a ton of whey, EVOO, and now I have just added Avant Research's supercarb. I just try to sip on this throughout the morning while at work.
  15. New Member

think eggs and grits for breakfast,tuna and rice for lunchand protien shakes eaten with peanut butter throughtout day.also make sure to get natural peanut butter,not peanut butter that's been processed
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

Olive oils and such are your friend and a good way to get in some good fats and extra calories.
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Fat free cheeses. I buy a Wegman's Fat Free Cream Cheese and a Skim Mozzarella that are welcome calories. Obviously, I fit them into my macros, and you have to watch them as they are somewhat high in Sodium, however, they are calorie dense foods that taste awesome.
  18. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Great tips guys, keep them coming!

Fish oil / healthy fats like tattoopeirced suggested!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Fer sure. I was haveing a problem after I'd eat my meal of about 40-50gr protein, 60-70gr carbs and 10-15gr fat. The thing was I felt so full and bloated after eating but was starving about 45-60min later. I was eating every 2-3 hours, so I changed my meals to 25/40/5 and now i eat about every hour. It's kinda a pain getting in 8-10meals but I never get that starving hunger pain and Im never that sick full. All my gains apear to be pretty lean thus far also.
  20. New Member

The most important in my opinion... unless your a super hard gainer: keep up with your damn cardio!!!!!!!!!!
  21. New Member

Homemade Gainer paid dividends for me on my trip from 161 to my current 190 over the past year or so.

2 cups milk
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup oats (grinded)
    1/2 cup Dreyers Slow churned ice cream
    1 tbs Natty Peanut Butter

Blend and drink. Around 900 calories, 84 protein, 98 carb, 24 fat. About a 40/40/20. Anyway worked me and still is.
  22. New Member

Best tip I can give is get a blender.
  23. New Member

1. do not over train
    2. 1 tps cider vinigar before protein shakes
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sadly, this hasn't been said:

Always eat at least 3-4 servings of produce even while bulking.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brittishbulldog View Post
    2. 1 tps cider vinigar before protein shakes
    What does that do ?????
  26. Recovering AXoholic

What does that do ?????
    puts a really bad taste in your mouth?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  27. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

puts a really bad taste in your mouth?
    I know right....Vinigar and chocolate doesn't sond too good...
  28. Banned

I may be wrong but I thought vinegar reduces the GI of a meal or something like that???
  29. Recovering AXoholic

I remember hearing about that. I never delved too much into it, though.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There is a huge thread over at M&M about the myriad uses of vinegar. It helps as glucose disposal agent, detox the liver, clear out lipids in the intestines, etc.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There is a huge thread over at M&M about the myriad uses of vinegar. It helps as glucose disposal agent, detox the liver, clear out lipids in the intestines, etc.
    wow,got a link??
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

wow,got a link??
    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...120&hl=vinegar
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

It increases HCL production to allow for better food digestion/absorption. We eat far too many base foods that raise your ph. Gotta keep the guts healthy.

I like a TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of Ice water, makes for a thirst quenching drink.

X
  34. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    It increases HCL production to allow for better food digestion/absorption. We eat far too many base foods that raise your ph. Gotta keep the guts healthy.

I like a TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of Ice water, makes for a thirst quenching drink.

X
    you got it i take it to increase my stomach acid helps increase absorption,
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Get some Gut Health!!!!! My stomach feels musch better after 3 days on it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  36. New Member

Make protein shakes w/ skim milk, not h20
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

take it slowly, dont sacrifice health for fast gains.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg, take a multi and fish oils and a milk thistle or liver detoxant.

Drink plenty distilled or alkaline water if possible, and dont go overboard on the wheat and dairy.

Every 2-3 weeks have a 1-2 days fruit veg fast...my experience is that if you eat enough fruit/veg in these days you wont lose any lean mass, but it gives your body a break to clean out the toxicity which comes with heavy training and eating.

At least 4 cups of veg a day and 2 fruits a day.

Get plenty of rest, and as has been mentioned, have a glass of water and apple cider vinegar before meals.

If you do these things in conjunction with your bulk, you'll feel the better for it!
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by quigley View Post

Drink plenty distilled or alkaline water if possible, and dont go overboard on the wheat and dairy.
    Alkaline or Distilled Water? What's your reasoning? Most of the foods we consume essentially neutralize our stomach acids, thats why the posts about adding vinegar to your diet.

X
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Alkaline or Distilled Water? What's your reasoning? Most of the foods we consume essentially neutralize our stomach acids, thats why the posts about adding vinegar to your diet.

X
    meat, dairy, wheat, rice, (a good proportion of bulking foods) are acidic in digestion (if not pre-digestion), meaning when the enzymes break them down for absorption, the resulting reaction is acidic. Alkaline or distilled water removes toxins/acid from the water, and some machines charge the water with negative ions of free oxygen molecules, and aside from being purer water (than the dead tap water most ppl drink) it also helps neutralise the toxins and acids from the breakdown of acidic foods like meat and rice and dairy and wheat.

So basically its just better for general health to have pure water entering your body rather than dead tap water filled with acid and toxic residues and heavy metal traces
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by quigley View Post
    Actually, meat, dairy, wheat, rice, (a good proportion of bulking foods) are acidic in digestion (if not pre-digestion), meaning when the enzymes break them down for absorption, the resulting reaction is acidic. Alkaline or distilled water removes toxins/acid from the water, and some machines charge the water with negative ions of free oxygen molecules, and aside from being purer water (than the dead tap water most ppl drink) it also helps neutralise the toxins and acids from the breakdown of acidic foods like meat and rice and dairy and wheat.

So basically its just better for general health to have pure water entering your body rather than dead tap water filled with acid and toxic residues and heavy metal traces
    Dairy is acidic?

Who drinks tap water? Ugh.

X
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post your AndroGel Experience Here
    By ratdog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
  2. Post your funny Videos Here:
    By Manimalia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6