Post Your Bulking Tips Here
- 10-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Post Your Bulking Tips Here
1) Premade food. Get 5 tupperware containers. On sunday, cook up a bunch of white rice, hamburger and tomato sauce. Add peppers spices whatever. Keep them stored in the fridge and take one per day to work or school. All set for the week.
2) GVT. German atheletes in the 70s used this program in the off-season. It was such a successful bulking program that many of them went up a weight class by the next year. It's loosely based around 10 sets of 10, for one exercise each muscle group. It can (and should) be cycled with a strength based program such as 5x5.
3) Protein shakes. Although whole food is preferable, between meals I will consume 30-40g of protein via shake to meet my daily requirements.
4) Water. Drink lots of water and keep your gastrointestinal system functioning properly due to the increased calorie consumption.
5) Casein. Drink a slow digesting protein to keep your body in an anabolic state.
6) All-in-one products. Just like your diet, 'think big'. A product like Ragnarok or Horsepower is great because they have a ton of stuff in them to feed your muscles. They cover alot of bases.
7) Boosting appetite. Try Ginseng, Black Hole from Controlled Labs or Grub-On from Anabolic Innovations. These products will make you hungry.
8) Test boosters. Increase your anabolic drive, appetite, strength and rest with a product such as ZMA, Powerfull or Blue Up. With increased calories and compound training principals, your test will already be high. These will only aid in your quest for growth.
9) Rest. I don't care how you do it, but you need to sleep. I personally take a 1-2 hour long nap almost every other day (I have to wake up early and therefor fit my Z's in whenever I can. Get enough sleep to grow, increase your GH and energy levels. Sleep is VERY important.
10) Big. Think, Eat, Train, Sleep, Drink big.
- 11-01-2007, 12:12 AM
11-01-2007, 01:16 AM
11-01-2007, 01:40 AM
11-01-2007, 01:50 AM
11-01-2007, 02:01 AM
11-01-2007, 02:08 AM
11-01-2007, 11:28 AM
11-01-2007, 06:21 PM
nice tips Renegades!
I would say:
1. Drink alot of milk
2. Do NOT remove yolks from eggs
3. Peanutbutter is your friend
4. Musclemilk has casiens and fats in it, utilize protiens of the sort.
Last but not least (This is mostly if your a hardgainer)
5. On off days, I took WheyProtienIsolate (WPI) and mixed 1g of protien per 1lbs. of bodyweight. with water and placed into a Gallon Jug (Old milk gallon) to be drank continuously throughout the off day.. I did this from 145lbs to about 172lbs
(Roughly 150g of protein per gallon)
Again these tips incorporate more fats, I was 135 throughout highschool and even the first 3 years of college.. I was benching 225 as a Junior in colllege, I just looked like i was anorexic..(wasn't growing in size, only strength) Took me until I began drinking the protein gallon and drinking massive quantities of milk to put on some 20lbs.:clean:
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
11-02-2007, 11:46 PM
11-03-2007, 12:27 AM
DO NOT EAT BIG! Instead, eat frequent. And stop getting your panties in a bunch about pre/post workout nutrition. A lotta people (especially beginners) tend to focus too much on this, and not enough on the rest of their day.
Your body, whether in an anabolic state or a catabolic state (believe it or not), is continuously building new muscle. It doesn't stop an hour after your workout and it sure as **** doesn't stop when you go to bed.
Muscle tissue, however is about 1/5th as calorie dense as Adipose. Ever wonder why it's so hard to build muscle when it takes so few calories to put on a pound (approx. 600 Calories)? There's other agents limiting your protein turnover rate (PTOR).
Think of calories converting into muscle like a cup with a little hole in the bottom. If you dump a tpm water (calories) in the cup at once, it will overflow, the water will spill over the sides (calories stored as fat), and the cup will eventually drain out. If you pour in small, steady bits at a time, the cup won't overflow.
11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I make a mid morning shake with a ton of whey, EVOO, and now I have just added Avant Research's supercarb. I just try to sip on this throughout the morning while at work.
11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
think eggs and grits for breakfast,tuna and rice for lunchand protien shakes eaten with peanut butter throughtout day.also make sure to get natural peanut butter,not peanut butter that's been processed
11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Olive oils and such are your friend and a good way to get in some good fats and extra calories.
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Fat free cheeses. I buy a Wegman's Fat Free Cream Cheese and a Skim Mozzarella that are welcome calories. Obviously, I fit them into my macros, and you have to watch them as they are somewhat high in Sodium, however, they are calorie dense foods that taste awesome.
11-07-2007, 07:55 AM
11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
The most important in my opinion... unless your a super hard gainer: keep up with your damn cardio!!!!!!!!!!
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Homemade Gainer paid dividends for me on my trip from 161 to my current 190 over the past year or so.
2 cups milk
2 scoops whey
1/2 cup oats (grinded)
1/2 cup Dreyers Slow churned ice cream
1 tbs Natty Peanut Butter
Blend and drink. Around 900 calories, 84 protein, 98 carb, 24 fat. About a 40/40/20. Anyway worked me and still is.
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
11-18-2007, 01:08 PM
11-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Sadly, this hasn't been said:
Always eat at least 3-4 servings of produce even while bulking.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
11-18-2007, 03:42 PM
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
11-18-2007, 03:55 PM
11-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I remember hearing about that. I never delved too much into it, though.
11-18-2007, 05:03 PM
There is a huge thread over at M&M about the myriad uses of vinegar. It helps as glucose disposal agent, detox the liver, clear out lipids in the intestines, etc.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
Similar Forum Threads
- By ratdog in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 87Last Post: 01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
- By Manimalia in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
- By getswole in forum General ChatReplies: 70Last Post: 08-08-2007, 06:08 PM
- By Nullifidian in forum Sports TalkReplies: 141Last Post: 10-23-2006, 09:10 AM
- By windwords7 in forum General ChatReplies: 71Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:54 PM