Put on Some serous pounds

Rossi2

Rossi2

Awards
Im 6'0 175 Pounds
Benching 235
Squating 305
Looking to pack on weight (185 pounds by August 2008)
think i might be over training
Eating Lots of protiens and carbs

Routine
Monday
3 sets of incline bench
3 sets of flat bance
3 sets of dumbell flatbench
3 sets of flymachine
3 sets of cable crossovers
3 sets of lat pulldowns
3 sets to failure of lat pullups
ab routine
tuesday
Rough precher routine
3 sets of e z bar curls in. then 3 sets outter
3 sets of dumbell concentration curls
3 sets of hammer curls to failure
4 sets of 20 cable pulldowns
3 sets of skull crushers
3 sets of dips to failure
wensday
3 sets of squats
3 sets of frint squats
3 sets of leg extensions
3 sets of leg curls
4 sets to weighted calf raises
thursday
cardio ab routine
Friday
Mondays routine
Saturday
Tuesday routine
Sunday off
I also play division 2 football seasons bout to end

n e help or advice on my **** would be plenty help plz help it out

thankx

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Im 6'0 175 Pounds
Benching 235
Squating 305
Looking to pack on weight (185 pounds by August 2008)
think i might be over training
Eating Lots of protiens and carbs

Routine
Monday
3 sets of incline bench
3 sets of flat bance
3 sets of dumbell flatbench
3 sets of flymachine
3 sets of cable crossovers
3 sets of lat pulldowns
3 sets to failure of lat pullups
ab routine
tuesday
Rough precher routine
3 sets of e z bar curls in. then 3 sets outter
3 sets of dumbell concentration curls
3 sets of hammer curls to failure
4 sets of 20 cable pulldowns
3 sets of skull crushers
3 sets of dips to failure
wensday
3 sets of squats
3 sets of frint squats
3 sets of leg extensions
3 sets of leg curls
4 sets to weighted calf raises
thursday
cardio ab routine
Friday
Mondays routine
Saturday
Tuesday routine
Sunday off
I also play division 2 football seasons bout to end

n e help or advice on my **** would be plenty help plz help it out

thankx

What's 'lots' of protein? 200g?

Lots of curls, but no rows or deadlifts? Work your back, its a huge set of muscles. Also, the rows will save your shoulders from all the bench pressing by balancing you out.

X

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
"Eating Lots of protiens and carbs"

Yeah? What about fat? Do you know what testosterone is made from?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good points have been made in the responses! Your strength is solid, just listen to what the other two said about the compound movements for back and be sure to get good fats and eat some red meat a few days a week to help pack on mass.

You're working your biceps a hell of a lot my friend... too much. Way too much. You don't need to do 12 sets for arms. Hell, I do 12 total exercises sometimes in my full body HIT workout. Arms take the shortest amount of TUL (time under load) to fatigue and the longest to recover. Unless you want to atrophy your arms while accelerating everything else, cut back on the biceps exercises my friend!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You play D-II football and your workout routine looks like that? What the hell. Don't they have strength and conditioning coaches anymore. What position do you play? Punter? Seem kind of undersized for 6 feet tall.

T

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Lots of curls, but no rows or deadlifts? Work your back, its a huge set of muscles. Also, the rows will save your shoulders from all the bench pressing by balancing you out.

X
Xodus nailed this. A lot of people think to get "huge" arms you need to do a massive amount of sets for the arms - nothing could be further from the truth!

Think about a heavy Barbell 2-4 rep max, while maintaining the best possible form. What is the firing mechanism and sequence of the musculature? On heavy curls, the whole posterior chain of the legs fire as the curl begins - soleus, hams, gluts... As you continue the curl, moving the BB up through the horizontal plane, the abs begin to fire followed by most of the muscles in the back, from the erectors on up...

So while a heavy BB curl will work the arms, without strength in rest of the musculature you will severely limit the amount that can be curled and the potential gains to your arms.

And I'd agree. Looks like you're overtraining.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Xodus nailed this. A lot of people think to get "huge" arms you need to do a massive amount of sets for the arms - nothing could be further from the truth!

Think about a heavy Barbell 2-4 rep max, while maintaining the best possible form. What is the firing mechanism and sequence of the musculature? On heavy curls, the whole posterior chain of the legs fire as the curl begins - soleus, hams, gluts... As you continue the curl, moving the BB up through the horizontal plane, the abs begin to fire followed by most of the muscles in the back, from the erectors on up...

So while a heavy BB curl will work the arms, without strength in rest of the musculature you will severely limit the amount that can be curled and the potential gains to your arms.

And I'd agree. Looks like you're overtraining.

Also, very good advice. These guys know what they are talking about.