Calorie intake question

building mass

building mass

Awards
I was just wondering what a good amount of calories per pound for an ectomorph is with a fast metobolism. Right now I get in 18 calories per pound on off days and 20 calories per pound on trainings day.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There isnt a simple answer to your question. 18 to 20 is a popular range for the average Joe but if you are tall, lean, and are physically active outside of the gym you could require much more to bulk. Only way to tell for sure is to make a starting meal plan and then adjust the calories as necessary to get the desired results.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, no easy answer there. Track as precisely as you can what you take in, and monitor that plus scale weight over 2 weeks to try and figure what your real base metabolic rate is. Either that or find one of the places that uses the oxygen sensors to tests your RMR

building mass

building mass

Awards
hmm alright I think i will track my calories everyday and weight my self over 2 weeks. Is there any kind of math formula for like say calories,weight, and then something that add bodyfat % into it so you can tell if you are getting in to many calories? ( I hope that makes sense)