The Tuna Shake: Man up and drink it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. The Tuna Shake: Man up and drink it!!!


    Anyone ever make tuna shakes. I know it probably makes you gag just thinking about it. I just read some crazy recipes and decided to try one.

    1 can of starkist chunk light
    1 scoop substance wpi
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup of milk

    next one i am gonna try:

    1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
    2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    dash of hot sauce

    Definitely tastes funky and will take some getting used to but i stay pretty busy so any time can put whole food in a blender i say hells yeah.




  2. sounds pretty nasty bro. does it all blend up smooth? or are you chewing and drinking?

  3. It actually blended up really smooth. It didnt really want to blend at first but i let it keep going and it eventually blended up real nice. I choked when i took the first sip because i could still smell the tuna but its really not as terrible as you would think.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by easymac View Post
    1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
    2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    dash of hot sauce
    i think this one might be alright, the hot sauce and v8 might help cover up the tuna.

  5. thats what i was thinking

  6. Quote Originally Posted by easymac View Post
    Anyone ever make tuna shakes. I know it probably makes you gag just thinking about it. I just read some crazy recipes and decided to try one.

    1 can of starkist chunk light
    1 scoop substance wpi
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup of milk

    next one i am gonna try:

    1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
    2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    dash of hot sauce

    Definitely tastes funky and will take some getting used to but i stay pretty busy so any time can put whole food in a blender i say hells yeah.
    thats fukcin gross!!!.......
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  7. tried it one time.. never again!!!!!!!!1
  8. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    might be worth trying with steamed tilapia, since it has no taste
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  9. Thats disgusting as hell. I don't need protein THAT bad..

  10. do you have taste buds?

    like these

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ksa View Post
    do you have taste buds?

    like these
    Nah, i will pretty much eat or drink anything as long as it will make me bigger.

  12. i eat everything as long as it makes me bigger too.

    but i eat in a way that makes my other senses satisfied as

    well. Not by chewing some rancid-like shake.

  13. Its honestly not that bad. Taste weird, but nothing i couldnt get used to.

  14. That's effing awesome. I don't think I could ever do it, though. Bleh.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    That's effing awesome. I don't think I could ever do it, though. Bleh.
    Tuna + Diet Dr. Pepper FTW!

  16. Awsome post!

    'If it was easy everyone would do it'

    I love doing sh!t like this, shows dedication and manlynes. Good to see im not the only one willing to sacrifice lifes plesantrys. Man up!:bruce1:

  17. If it actually had any advantage over just drinking a shake while eating my tuna with a fork. I'd do it. But it seems pointless... What's the point of this? Just use 2 scoops of protein?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by RossiRossi View Post
    Awsome post!

    'If it was easy everyone would do it'

    I love doing sh!t like this, shows dedication and manlynes. Good to see im not the only one willing to sacrifice lifes plesantrys. Man up!:bruce1:
    Word!!!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    If it actually had any advantage over just drinking a shake while eating my tuna with a fork. I'd do it. But it seems pointless... What's the point of this? Just use 2 scoops of protein?

    No point other than to finally get rid of the 30 cans of tuna in my cabinet and i dont enjoy eating tuna so this is a quick way to just get it over with. Dont question the shake damit, lol

  20. i love tuna. tuna mayo oat cakes

  21. tuna mayo oat cakes?

  22. I tried a tuna shake "recipe" once. It consisted of one can of tuna, and water.

    It was disgusting, it had a nice foamy film at the top. Ugh, it was bad.

  23. I go with 12-14oz of lemon-lime gatorade + 2 cans of tuna blended....goes down faster than eating it with a fork....good for those that dont enjoy tuna or dont want to take the time to make it "yummy"--plus its really quick.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by easymac View Post
    Anyone ever make tuna shakes. I know it probably makes you gag just thinking about it. I just read some crazy recipes and decided to try one.

    1 can of starkist chunk light
    1 scoop substance wpi
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup of milk

    next one i am gonna try:

    1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
    2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    dash of hot sauce

    Definitely tastes funky and will take some getting used to but i stay pretty busy so any time can put whole food in a blender i say hells yeah.



  25. I'm having mental images of projectile vomit.

  26. ..... Yeah, that shake idea sounds pretty unpractical...
  27. impractical?


    yeah...but not really...especially when time is a concern and you have had too much whey, etc already. Not very tasty....but quick and not that much worse (tastes better to me-less fishy) than tuna straight out of the can. Who here eats for taste anyway ....if that was the case then we'd all be eating ho ho's and donuts....

  28. Hey dude, that's why they invented protein powders (j/k) I just don't find it necessary considering the alternative protein sources available to us.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Hey dude, that's why they invented protein powders (j/k) I just don't find it necessary considering the alternative protein sources available to us.
    Haha, dont lie to me. What is this other protein you speak of?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by easymac View Post
    Haha, dont lie to me. What is this other protein you speak of?
    Chicken, beef, turkey, egg and whey

  31. If tuna wasn't bad enough already.

    Remember this?

    http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75qbassamatic.phtml

  32. the second shake you talk about with the tomato juice sounds good it just sounds like a grinded up meal sounds nice!

  33. Dave Pulumbo recommends the tuna+apple juice shakes


    has anyone tried this? if so how did it taste?

  34. dudes I drink these all the time, every day actually. my tuna shake completly hides the tast of tuna being as how I dont really like the taste.
    1 can tuna
    1 bannana
    1 scp protein
    1/4 cup dry oats
    1-2 tbs peanut butter
    5g glutamine
    add orange juice to get desired consistancy
    great post workout shake

  35. have tuna every day cant be that good for you.... Mercury

  36. I tried oatmeal in my shake once, almost threw up and dumped the shake out. Was like drinking vomit. Banana or PB only!

  37. I thought I was the only one that put tuna in the blender!! The recipe I used I got out of ALR's book, chemical muscle enhancement...

    2 cans tuna
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein
    1 can diet coke

    blend and enjoy. I'd be lying if i said i didnt gag every time i drink it.

  38. Why the hell would you want to gag everytime you drank it!!! I did that to prolabs protein when I first started lifting, I HATED IT!!!!!

  39. Quote Originally Posted by easymac View Post
    No point other than to finally get rid of the 30 cans of tuna in my cabinet and i dont enjoy eating tuna so this is a quick way to just get it over with. Dont question the shake damit, lol
    30 cans of tuna would prolly last me about 10 days. People at work won't even lunch with me anymore because they can't stand the smell. It's a clever defense against having to hear about their damn fukcing kids!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. MAN up and smolov squat with Quads
    By Quads_of_Stee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 11:05 PM
  2. Just Shut Up and Click It!
    By NPursuit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 08:24 AM
  3. Back to the Basics: Part I - Protein and its Structure
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:11 PM
  4. Back to the Basics: Part I - Protein and its Structure
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:09 AM
  5. does cla a work and can it be taken on the ckd diet
    By bigrich954rr in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Log in
Log in