I NEED TO BULK UP!!! Which supplements for football off season?

BestOLT76

BestOLT76

Awards
I am a junior in high school and will be going into my senior year. I start at offensive left tackle at 6'3" and 220 cut down. I am looking to play next year at 250 and 230-235 cut down. Just in case you're wondering I start training in January and finish up in July...a solid 7 months to bulk.

I am in the need for recommendations on supplements to take during my training. I am willing to try anything(excluding steroids) to gain 25-30 pounds. Any recommendations on supplements and even some workout ideas would be great. Thanks.

GH10

Awards
I am a junior in high school and will be going into my senior year. I start at offensive left tackle at 6'3" and 220 cut down. I am looking to play next year at 250 and 230-235 cut down. Just in case you're wondering I start training in January and finish up in July...a solid 7 months to bulk.

I am in the need for recommendations on supplements to take during my training. I am willing to try anything(excluding steroids) to gain 25-30 pounds. Any recommendations on supplements and even some workout ideas would be great. Thanks.

Given your age, food more than anything. And as seeing as you play Tackle, you shouldn't mind putting on some fat. 25 pounds is a HELL of alot of clean weight, but 25 pounds of sloppy weight can be done. Look into Powerlifting workouts as well, Westside-Barbell is the best IMO and their are tons of articles out there. Up the calories and add some weight gainers, Optimum Nutrition Pro Weight Gainer is good, or protein powder with oats and natural peanut butter can up the calories as well. Don't just aim for all out weight at any cost, I'd rather gain 10 pounds of functional muscle than 25 pounds of extra lard to carry around. Remember, get stronger equals getting bigger.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At your age and time frame, 25lbs IS a realistic goal! First you need to find your maintence calories (how man cals it takes to stay at your weight) Then add 250-500 to that number and try to get that per day. A calorie split of 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat is a good place to start for gaining weight/bulking up. You can then adjust to your progress.

Supplments I'd stick to Food!!!! Add some good ol' creatine mono, fish oil, a multi vitamin and some whey protein. Maybe a weight gainer if needed to get extra cals.

Training as an OL i'd look into MAX-OT, German Volume Training, DC (dogg crap) and some WestSide. Decied which will fit your schedule best. Maybe a variation of all of them seeing you have 7months.

Good luck and PM me if you have any additional q's I'd be happy to help

EDIT: Also use the search funtion up top and you can get alot more answers/ideas. Then just posting a thread and wanting to be spoon feed the answers :thumbsup:

PigEvans

Awards
Dude That Is A Heck Of Alot Of Weight To Gain, But What I Have Found To Gain Bulk And Strength. Low Rep High Weight. Reps Of 4-6. No More Than 6 No Less Than 4. Do That For The First 3 Months Then Hit The Cardio. Try To Do A Reverse Pyramid. Warm Up Then Start With The Heaviest Weigth Then Go Down. Remember 4-6 Reps.. Workd For Me. I Ganine 25 Pounds In 4 Months. Pigevans

Jet

Awards
  • Established
Dude That Is A Heck Of Alot Of Weight To Gain, But What I Have Found To Gain Bulk And Strength. Low Rep High Weight. Reps Of 4-6. No More Than 6 No Less Than 4. Do That For The First 3 Months Then Hit The Cardio. Try To Do A Reverse Pyramid. Warm Up Then Start With The Heaviest Weigth Then Go Down. Remember 4-6 Reps.. Workd For Me. I Ganine 25 Pounds In 4 Months. Pigevans
Why am I seeing so many people post with every word capitalized today :think:?