Real World Situation: Eating Every 3 Hours...?

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
OK... most people i know, trying to bulk, typically eat every 2-3 hours... I am also doing this,as to get my protein intake and speed my metabolism up.

Ok... here is something i constantly face... And maybe you all can relate...

Say i eat first meal at 7:30am... That means that my 2nd meal should be aroun 10:30am... BUT.. what about if my lunch break is from 11:00-12:00...?!

What would you do in regards to either WAITING to eat... or cutting down the time between meals...?

I have just been adding in a protein shake shake around 9:15 or so and then holding my lunch break off till around 11:30... in which i then eat another carb/protein meal. I am carb sensitive, and tend to NOT carb up when with each meal.

Daily Meals Usually Include:

Breakfast 7:30am: 4egg whites, 2 eggs. Cup of oatmeal, and an apple OR (if in a rush) a protein shake and an english muffin and an apple....

Pre-Lunch 9:30ish: Low Carb protein shake + english muffin w/ sugarfree jam and high protein natty peanut butter...

Lunch 12:00ish: Usually a boston market half chix + greenbeans

Mid-Day 3:00ish: Low carb protein shake

Preworkout 4:30ish: one scoop protein + half english muffin

GYM!!!!

Post Workout 6:30ish: Two scoops protein shake (mixed w/ blueberries and milk) + other half of english muffin

Dinner: (1.5 hours AFTER Postworkout meal) Either grilled chix + veggies OR 1/2lb LEAN ground beef + veggies

BeforeBed @11:00ish: Another two scoop shake in water....

NOTE: ALL shakes (with exception of preworkout) are two scoops of low carb protein powder. Each shake has roughly 48g protein and 240 Calories.....

ANY suugestions or critiques... ALONG with your opinon on the "REAL WORLD" question would be interesting to read...

Thanks folks

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK... most people i know, trying to bulk, typically eat every 2-3 hours... I am also doing this,as to get my protein intake and speed my metabolism up.

Ok... here is something i constantly face... And maybe you all can relate...

Say i eat first meal at 7:30am... That means that my 2nd meal should be aroun 10:30am... BUT.. what about if my lunch break is from 11:00-12:00...?!

What would you do in regards to either WAITING to eat... or cutting down the time between meals...?
You need to eat earlier than scheduled time then. Try taking in your needs when you wake up. IE: Protein shake and carbs like a banana or something. Then do not eat again for 2 hours. That should put your 2nd meal @ 9:30, then lunch @ 11:15. After lunch, then you can wait for 3 hrs if you like. Typically I try to eat every 1-2 hrs, instead of 2-3. Somewhere at about 200-300 calories. Then my bigger meals are breakfast, lunch, pre workout, and dinner. I eat about an hour before I work out, around 500 cals, and 50-60g of carbs, and whatever supps I take in. Works well for me. Best of luck to you.

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
Typically I try to eat every 1-2 hrs, instead of 2-3. Somewhere at about 200-300 calories. Then my bigger meals are breakfast, lunch, pre workout, and dinner. I eat about an hour before I work out, around 500 cals, and 50-60g of carbs, and whatever supps I take in. Works well for me. Best of luck to you.
HHmmmm... sounds GREAT! ONE thing i wonder is about your prework meal.... I have heard different things about this meal. I;ve heard it should be a light meal as to NOT has your blood in your stomach trying to digest your food...

THUS the reason i typically do a 1 scoop of protein and maybe a half an english muffin 1 hours before workout. This has, atleast for me, given me a little energry boost, but doesn;t leave me feeling "full" while working out...

My highest caloric intake meals are typically breakfast and postworkout... I usually have a high glycemic fruit (i.e. blueberry) to spike my insulin, in my postworkout shake. I also use milk in order to add some extra protein and calories...

Dinner, if its a burger, is also high in calories due to the high amount of beef... Its EXTRA lean as to not have much fat...

ANyways.. thats just me... as i said, i REALLY try to keep ALL my carbs (except for postworkout) complex... as to NOT build up any unnecessary fat. I've BUSTED MY A$$ trying to get my six pack back.. and if that means LESS of a bulk b/c i'm eating clean... then so be it...

Thanks for the quick reply Aggravated! Appreciate your input!! :head:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HHmmmm... sounds GREAT! ONE thing i wonder is about your prework meal.... I have heard different things about this meal. I;ve heard it should be a light meal as to NOT has your blood in your stomach trying to digest your food...

THUS the reason i typically do a 1 scoop of protein and maybe a half an english muffin 1 hours before workout. This has, atleast for me, given me a little energry boost, but doesn;t leave me feeling "full" while working out...

My highest caloric intake meals are typically breakfast and postworkout... I usually have a high glycemic fruit (i.e. blueberry) to spike my insulin, in my postworkout shake. I also use milk in order to add some extra protein and calories...

Dinner, if its a burger, is also high in calories due to the high amount of beef... Its EXTRA lean as to not have much fat...

ANyways.. thats just me... as i said, i REALLY try to keep ALL my carbs (except for postworkout) complex... as to NOT build up any unnecessary fat. I've BUSTED MY A$$ trying to get my six pack back.. and if that means LESS of a bulk b/c i'm eating clean... then so be it...

Thanks for the quick reply Aggravated! Appreciate your input!! :head:
Well, my 500 cals would be 1/4th cup of sunflower seeds=190 cals, 1 banana=100 cals, and 1 protein shake=150-200 cals. 30 mins later I will take my arginine. I take my SizeON during workout. I never really feel bloated, but that is just me.

Post workout I will eat some type of high GI carb, and 2 protein shakes. "Fruit Chillers" are good for this IMO. Look for them at a supermarket near you. They taste like florida naturals, but frozen.

1.5 hours after post workout I eat dinner. Don't get me wrong, I have to force myself to eat all of the time!