Noob Help

Schweet97Z

Awards
Alright guys/gals ive played sports through out high school was in pretty good shape weighed about 175 -185 lbs at the time. I went to college and did my thing there not really keeping myself in shape. I recently got an IT job and all I do is sit, so ive been getting myself back into shape. Im far from being a body builder, nor do i want to. I do however want a big noticable upper body, with a decent lower. Im not big into looking all ripped and would rather have a nice flat stomach rather than ripped to the extreme. I would like to gain alot of mass on my arm and chest and shoulders. Im no Noob to forums however i dont know the first thing about supplements and dieting. My diet is horrible IMO. I try to eat as best as i can, but I dont know what is good and what is not. I know there is alot of info on this board and if i search im sure im bound to find it, but ive been searching for awhile now and learning, just thought id see what u guys had to say. Also how do u feel about this Tren Extreme? I guy that i work out with talks about it, but i searched it on here and it was all jibberish to me. What other supplements would i need to take with it. Id like to post a pic of what i look like but i have to have 20 posts. Anyone mind if i sent them a PM with a link so you can give me guidence?

Thanks,
Harold

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Stay away from Tren Extreme right now. At this point, you don't need it and it's potentially much more dangerous than it is beneficial to you, with your current lack of knowledge. Do some searching around here about nutrition, ask questions, and just try to educate yourself in general in the ways of dieting. Once you get your diet on the right track, then start thinking about adding supplements, however I would not suggest Tren Extreme or any like it. It's never to early to educate yourself about supplements though, so I suggest you start searching and reading much beforehand(now) about certain supplements that you're interested in and then think about adding them later once you're completely sure. I'm not sure if you can PM pictures, but you could try PM'ing your picture to me and I can try to post it up for you later if you'd like. Again, I'm not sure if that works, but you could try.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
man diet should be everything to you right now i had a similar situation to yours about 3 years ago.....i'm not going to go into detail and tell you what i did, because what i did was wrong, and i WASTED ALOT OF TIME AND $....had i focused on my diet more and paid attention to the signs of over-training i experienced i would be looking at bit different right now.....but I'm only 31 so i have alot of time to do it correct. if you're going to invest in anything supplement wise invest in whey protein....it's a great investment to start with. diet is the building block of this lifestyle....meaning if your foundation is crap then that's what you're going to build off of and wind up with the same......take the time and have faith that the pay off will be greater later.....

Schweet97Z

Awards
I wouldnt say my foundation is "crap" pursay. Its decent in my eyes, and many other that see me because they can tell im getting "bigger". Now I read a post earlier about "dirty bulking" and thought about that route? I dont want to get fat. As far as my routine, I usually go about 4-5 times a week. Now I do arms everyday because I feel "weak" if I dont, is this a good idea? Could one set up a good diet program for me ass i need to go to the store in a few days. Or at least post a link to a good dieting thread? My problem is i love to eat, and im kinda picky with foods, but im at the point where ill do anything to get bigger. All im askin is for some guidence fellas :head:

Schweet97Z

Awards
also the supplements i take now are Celltech Creatine, Muscle Milke Protein, Super Pump250, Bulgarian Tribulus, and L-Carnitine.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You definitely don't have a bad foundation, but if you're worried about gaining fat, a dirty bulk would not be a good choice. The best way to gain quality pounds is by eating quality calories, IMO. As for doing arms everyday, that's not a good idea at all. Even though you may "feel weak" if you don't, you've got to be completely overtraining them doing it that way. Once a week should be enough, especially since they are relatively small muscle groups that get worked during compound moves as well.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I should get paid by them for this already I say it so often, but FITDAY. use fitday.

www.fitday.com

Its the simplest way to track what you really eat. Saying you're not sure whats good to eat or isn't isn't half as important as really tallying what you specifically. Then you can look at what you get in carbs, what kinds of fats, etc.

then pick a specific workout schema, hardly matters which honestly. Body For Life, HST, OST, GVT, GBC, whatever :) do it for 6-8 weeks (except for GVT or GBC which are each meant as 1 month) and then switch to something else. Follow the structured workout, and log your results whether its to a forum, a private blog, even just a spreadsheet. But log every workout.

If you can't measure it, you can't improve it.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys/gals ive played sports through out high school was in pretty good shape weighed about 175 -185 lbs at the time. I went to college and did my thing there not really keeping myself in shape. I recently got an IT job and all I do is sit, so ive been getting myself back into shape. Im far from being a body builder, nor do i want to. I do however want a big noticable upper body, with a decent lower. Im not big into looking all ripped and would rather have a nice flat stomach rather than ripped to the extreme. I would like to gain alot of mass on my arm and chest and shoulders. Im no Noob to forums however i dont know the first thing about supplements and dieting. My diet is horrible IMO. I try to eat as best as i can, but I dont know what is good and what is not. I know there is alot of info on this board and if i search im sure im bound to find it, but ive been searching for awhile now and learning, just thought id see what u guys had to say. Also how do u feel about this Tren Extreme? I guy that i work out with talks about it, but i searched it on here and it was all jibberish to me. What other supplements would i need to take with it. Id like to post a pic of what i look like but i have to have 20 posts. Anyone mind if i sent them a PM with a link so you can give me guidence?

Thanks,
Harold
Since you've already been given some good advice, I'm going to go a little OT. If you don't mind, I'd like to know what type of IT position you have, what state, and how much you make.

Sorry if it's personal. I work in the IT field right now and I'm fairly sure (actually positive) that I'm being under-paid. You can PM rather than posting it, if you want.

If you can supply that info, thanks. If you don't feel comfortable, totally understandable. Thanks man.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Meso, i'm assistant to the CTO at my place as well as product development manager for one of our products. But I think you are looking for rate on something different :) If you want to Pm to talk about your situation, thats all good

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Hey Meso, i'm assistant to the CTO at my place as well as product development manager for one of our products. But I think you are looking for rate on something different :) If you want to Pm to talk about your situation, thats all good
Cool. Thanks Easy. I appreciate it.