Please Critique My Diet

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been sticking to this diet for the last 3 or 4 weeks and it seems to be working good. I'm up in weight and things are looking up as long as I stick to it. Please help me adjust and tweak it as you see necessary.

Bodytype:
5'8"
203 lbs
12-14% bf
Meso/endo

On workout days:

Meal 1:
3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
a handfull of shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
whole wheat bagel
24oz milk
3 slices of turkey bacon
10 fish oil caps

Meal 2:
2 tuna cans on 2 whole wheat sub sandwich buns
banana peppers
5 fish oil caps

Meal 3 pre-wo:
1 cup oatmeal
75g whey
75g WMS
5g CEE

Meal 4 post-wo:
same as meal 3

Meal 5:
1/2 lb -3/4lb lean ground beef
large white potatoe
32oz milk
10fish oil caps

Meal 6:
2 roast beef sandwiches on whole wheat bread
24oz milk
5 fish oil caps

Meal 7:
1 tub of cottage cheese
2 handfulls of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest whole wheat cereal
10 fish oil caps

On non workout days I don't take in the WMS or oatmeal with my whey. Other than that, everything is the same. Occasionaly I will substitute the ground beef meal with something like Mahi-mahi, or Amberjack fish and brown rice. I take in flax oil to make up for the loss in fat of that meal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Veggies with more meals and fruit with your breakfast. Other than that, you are pretty covered-whole food proteins, lots of complex carbs, and EFAs.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad you said that. I'd love to add some fruit to breakfast. Blueberries and strawberries okay?

avenue Red

Awards
do you know how many calories that meal plan is? i might have to steal that lol

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a good diet plan for bulking. How long before you work out do you eat your PreWorkout meal?..because it looks pretty heavy if you lift right after

mbj0186

Awards
I agree. Looks like your getting plenty of complex carbs and protein, but may benefit from adding vegetables at lunch and dinner and a couple servings of fruit per day. That's where you'll get the bulk of your micronutrients, particularly anti-oxidants. Very important for the recovery process.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like a good diet plan for bulking. How long before you work out do you eat your PreWorkout meal?..because it looks pretty heavy if you lift right after
I eat the oatmeal and then drink the shake on the way to the gym; about a 10 minute drive. I probably don't work out for another 5 minutes after that. Its never bothered me to have a lot of food in my stomach before a workout. As long as I'm strictly lifting and not doing cardio.

onelife

onelife

Awards
woooooooooo lots of cals! looks good though... especially since im cutting