Another annoying 'check out my diet' thread :)

StRoNgOnE

StRoNgOnE

Awards
Hey guys... what's up?

Stats:

Height: 5'11
Weight: 172
BF: 9 - 10%
Goals: To gain lean mass, or do a clean/methodical 'bulk'

This is what I had in mind... lemme know if you guys think it's too clean, or if it's enough cals...

6:30am

1 scoop(s), Dymatize Proline Elite
0.5 cup, Berries
0.5 cup, Quaker Oats
1 cup, Skim Milk
2 tbsp, Udo’s Choice

9:30am

4 Large Egg White(s)
1 Green Apple(s) (with skin)
1 cup, Quaker Oats
1 Large Whole Egg(s)

12:30pm

175 gram, Lean Ground Beef
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)
2 cup, Brown Rice (cooked)

4:00pm - Pre workout

1 cup, Brown Rice (cooked)
5 oz, Chicken Breast (no skin)
1 cup, Green Peppers (1 medium, raw)

7:00pm - Post Workout

2 scoop(s), Dymatize Proline Elite
1.22 scoop, Gatorade

9:30pm

1 cup, 2% Cottage Cheese
1 tbsp, Udo’s Choice

Totals:

Cals: 3200.00
Protein: 250g
Cals: 325g
Fat: 100g

That's roughly a 30/40/30 ratio in favour of carbs...

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
What is Udos choice? Looks like a fine plan and a very solid start out to a bulk.

Also you can never have too clean of a diet lol.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You need a real meal after your workout bro...

StRoNgOnE

StRoNgOnE

Awards
Thanks guys.. Udo's oil is basically a mix of flax seed, sawflower, sunflower and a few other oils... to get all your omega 3-6-9s...

The idea behind the 'liquid' meal after training is to shuttle it into the muscles more quickly... good point though.. maybe have the 'shake' right after, then eat the solid meal one hour after that... rather then 2.5 hours later??

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Thats how I do it...well actually my meal timing around training is:

Shake/Oats Preworkout
Shake/Ground oats immediately post workout
10oz chicken/0.5cups brown rice/0.5cups steamed veggies within an hour

the importance of a whole meal post workout is huge, especially with you wanting to gain weight.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I have recently been thinking about these diets that people post on here and they seem good, yet so boring. I personally don't think that you should have the same exact food every day at the same time. Depending on your muscle growth you might need to adjust protein and carbs on a PRN basis (per need). You should have your filler foods ie protein shakes, PB, cottage cheese every day, but make your meals are a bit more creative so that you at least want to stay on your bulk and arent sick of it.

Solution: Buy lots of foods and preplan your entire month, by cooking in mass amounts. This will be the only way that you can do this efficiently. Eat different meals as you desire and enjoy a good meal. As a fellow bulker I have come to the point where I simply ask myself at night "Did I have enough food, and nutrients to go to bed feeling happy about my day?"

StRoNgOnE

StRoNgOnE

Awards
Ya... that's true... I mean... I generally stick to the plan... I eat for performance... not for taste... but ya... I swap up the veggies... the odd time I'll have a dirty breakfast, rather then my 9:30am meal... but generally speaking I have no problems sticking to this sort of plan... it works, and you see the benefits a LOT quicker... :)

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I have recently been thinking about these diets that people post on here and they seem good, yet so boring. I personally don't think that you should have the same exact food every day at the same time. Depending on your muscle growth you might need to adjust protein and carbs on a PRN basis (per need). You should have your filler foods ie protein shakes, PB, cottage cheese every day, but make your meals are a bit more creative so that you at least want to stay on your bulk and arent sick of it.

Solution: Buy lots of foods and preplan your entire month, by cooking in mass amounts. This will be the only way that you can do this efficiently. Eat different meals as you desire and enjoy a good meal. As a fellow bulker I have come to the point where I simply ask myself at night "Did I have enough food, and nutrients to go to bed feeling happy about my day?"

I disagree. If you want real results you need to plan and stick to that plan. That means cooking your weeks worth of food on sunday. Also, you need to time certain nutrients for certain parts of the day. If you just throw together something on a whim, it's not going to be as good as something planned.

T

tattoopierced1

what supplements are you taking with that plan.. looks good and once you add in a whole meal shortly after your post workout I think you'll see a better difference.

Might I suggest mega dosing BCAAs...

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
TP, I agree, megadosing BCAAs is always a good idea.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. If you want real results you need to plan and stick to that plan. That means cooking your weeks worth of food on sunday. Also, you need to time certain nutrients for certain parts of the day. If you just throw together something on a whim, it's not going to be as good as something planned.
How long can you possibly go eating the same food routine every day, knowing that you may bulk for over 6 months? And I dont mean vary with your filler foods...they should be taken at the same time every day, or maybe minor adjustments to that. I have found that if you try to keep this strict diet and you break it for one day you get the mental effects 10 fold...I used to get really frustrated with myself if I had an off day and missed my exact routine..or work interferred with it.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
How long can you possibly go eating the same food routine every day, knowing that you may bulk for over 6 months? And I dont mean vary with your filler foods...they should be taken at the same time every day, or maybe minor adjustments to that. I have found that if you try to keep this strict diet and you break it for one day you get the mental effects 10 fold...I used to get really frustrated with myself if I had an off day and missed my exact routine..or work interferred with it.
Everyone has to find thier own thing. I eat like 41 clean meals a week and 1 absolutely horrible meal.

It helps keep me sane...I hope...:D

StRoNgOnE

StRoNgOnE

Awards
Thanks guys... I've been eating a whole meal closer to the time I'm done my training.. incidentally.. I hurt either my lower trap our rhomboid on the left side... it's pretty damn sore... hurts when I look down. :S ahhh well.. heat and cold, heat and cold...

Ummm supplements:

With my first meal... I usually have 3g of Vit C... and a multi-Vit... On training days I have 2.5mg creatine before training, and 2.5 after... (I suppose I could just take the whole 5g after training... but I'm strange like that...) as well as 10g of glutamine post workout.... if I'm not training that day, I just take the 5g of creatine in the am with my first meal.... Ummm... I also take a calcium supplement before bed... that's about it... I've heard good things lately about BCAAs... might give them a shot...