My Proposed Stack, Diet and Training for my Winter Bulk

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Well I plan on having a big winter bulk come November so I want to be well knowledged and prepared. Looking to really gain here and looking for some input.

Diet

Will be looking at at eating around 3500 calories
270 grams of protein
360 grams of carbs ( carbs are good for me, muscle feel fulller)
~60 grams of fats

Training

Focus for roughly 10 weeks will be low reps/high weight. All lifts with 4 sec. negatives

Example for one Body Part:

Legs

Squats
135lbs x 10 (easy 10 reps warmup)
185lbs x 8 (still easy; acclimation set)
235lbs x 6 (3 heavy sets)
255lbs x 5
275lbs x 4

Leg press
225lbs x 8 (already warmed up my legs with squats)
350lbs x 6 (2 heavy sets)
380lbs x 4

My routine will not be the same everyday. I do not want my body to adapt.

M- Chest and Tri's
T-Abs
W-Back and Biceps
Th-Forearms/Abs
F-Legs, Shoulders and Traps

I will do my best to always switch it up but really need to stay consitent. I do not want to slack like i have been latley. Without access to a squat rack and area to DL, its tough to grow with curls and protein shakes..

Supplements

Whey Protien-This helps build muscle, its basically a staple for any lifter. Will plan on taking Cytosport Complete Whey. It's loaded with BCAA's and EAA's. (not efa's)

Bulk Creatine Mono-Also another staple. tried CEE and soon to try Kre-Akalyn, but I want to stick with the original since everyone turns back to it for a few lbs.

Bulk L-Leucine- Im choosing this due to its aid in protien synthesis. And from the threads I read this seems to be the most important BCAA to have. My protein shakes have a lot in there, I just want an added benefit.

L-Glutamine-Yes or No? I cant find one article or thread telling me its pointless to take or extremley usefel. Whats your input? I would most likley take it Post-workout and pre-bed for GH benefits.

Poseidon- I like it's review and the added benefits and maybe this could really help me get a little boost in my lifts. It looks like a great supplement to have.

Basic Supps.

MSM
Fish Oil
Daily Multi

My goals are:

Gain 15lbs (i dont mind a little fat)
Max Press 245lbs
Bench 185lbs x 10
Squat over 350lbs
Reach 375lbs on Deadlift

I have my mind set and Im looking for some input on what I should add/remove to acheive my goals

Edit: Main focus in Intense Workouts under 40 minutes with always attemping more weight and/or reps

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Well I plan on having a big winter bulk come November so I want to be well knowledged and prepared. Looking to really gain here and looking for some input.

Diet

Will be looking at at eating around 3500 calories
270 grams of protein
360 grams of carbs ( carbs are good for me, muscle feel fulller)
~60 grams of fats

Training

Focus for roughly 10 weeks will be low reps/high weight. All lifts with 4 sec. negatives

Example for one Body Part:

Legs

Squats
135lbs x 10 (easy 10 reps warmup)
185lbs x 8 (still easy; acclimation set)
235lbs x 6 (3 heavy sets)
255lbs x 5
275lbs x 4

Leg press
225lbs x 8 (already warmed up my legs with squats)
350lbs x 6 (2 heavy sets)
380lbs x 4

My routine will not be the same everyday. I do not want my body to adapt.

M- Chest and Tri's
T-Abs
W-Back and Biceps
Th-Forearms/Abs
F-Legs, Shoulders and Traps

I will do my best to always switch it up but really need to stay consitent. I do not want to slack like i have been latley. Without access to a squat rack and area to DL, its tough to grow with curls and protein shakes..

Supplements

Whey Protien-This helps build muscle, its basically a staple for any lifter. Will plan on taking Cytosport Complete Whey. It's loaded with BCAA's and EAA's. (not efa's)

Bulk Creatine Mono-Also another staple. tried CEE and soon to try Kre-Akalyn, but I want to stick with the original since everyone turns back to it for a few lbs.

Bulk L-Leucine- Im choosing this due to its aid in protien synthesis. And from the threads I read this seems to be the most important BCAA to have. My protein shakes have a lot in there, I just want an added benefit.

L-Glutamine-Yes or No? I cant find one article or thread telling me its pointless to take or extremley usefel. Whats your input? I would most likley take it Post-workout and pre-bed for GH benefits.

Poseidon- I like it's review and the added benefits and maybe this could really help me get a little boost in my lifts. It looks like a great supplement to have.

Basic Supps.

MSM
Fish Oil
Daily Multi

My goals are:

Gain 15lbs (i dont mind a little fat)
Max Press 245lbs
Bench 185lbs x 10
Squat over 350lbs
Reach 375lbs on Deadlift

I have my mind set and Im looking for some input on what I should add/remove to acheive my goals

Edit: Main focus in Intense Workouts under 40 minutes with always attemping more weight and/or reps

Why don't you use a 'tried and true' routine like West Side for Skinny Bastards, MadCow's 5x5 or even Rippetoes?

You have a dedicated forearm/ab days? Start deadlifting and squatting heavy and your forearms will grow and your abs will strengthen.

You say want to be consistent, but then will be 'switching it up' all the time.

If your goals are to increase your 'big lifts', then focus on those.
The extra cals in your diet will aid in packing on the weight.

If you want to be consistent, do ONE workout routine those 10 weeks, consistent progression with weight increases(2-5%) each workout. While your body may 'adapt', that is the only way to reach your goals. If you don't focus on your goals, you will accomplish none of them.

X

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you use a 'tried and true' routine like West Side for Skinny Bastards, MadCow's 5x5 or even Rippetoes?

You have a dedicated forearm/ab days? Start deadlifting and squatting heavy and your forearms will grow and your abs will strengthen.

You say want to be consistent, but then will be 'switching it up' all the time.

If your goals are to increase your 'big lifts', then focus on those.
The extra cals in your diet will aid in packing on the weight.

If you want to be consistent, do ONE workout routine those 10 weeks, consistent progression with weight increases(2-5%) each workout. While your body may 'adapt', that is the only way to reach your goals. If you don't focus on your goals, you will accomplish none of them.

X

The routine I have has worked for me in the past when I started it, but I got lazy and stopped. My arms and chest were growing. I am trying 5x5 in a few weeks before my Winter Bulk though.

That was just an example workout. I am a baseball player, not a BBer. Having strong forearms is important for baseball players. Same with abs, very crucial. I am already doing the core bench, dl and squat every week. Why would any more days be important? I want a good full week of rest for each body part (or at least 4 days minimum). Plus i get bored and why not work the abs and forearms?

Yes i know im sticking with the basics though same BP's every week just not the same day.

I am foucsed on my goals though X, I will be squating heavy along with DL's and Bench, eating lots of cals, and getting sufficent rest.

Thank you for all your comments though. They do help. I am still debating on my M-F routine though.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
The routine I have has worked for me in the past when I started it, but I got lazy and stopped. My arms and chest were growing. I am trying 5x5 in a few weeks before my Winter Bulk though.
What is a few weeks? 3? If you followed the real 5x5, your progression would be even less than what you are lifting now. You need to pick something and stick with it until it stops working. How do you know when it stops working? Take good notes every session. Watch trends in sets/reps over time. If you are jumping around routine to routine, reps/sets, etc. how do you gauge if what you are doing is working?

That was just an example workout. I am a baseball player, not a BBer. Having strong forearms is important for baseball players. Same with abs, very crucial. I am already doing the core bench, dl and squat every week. Why would any more days be important? I want a good full week of rest for each body part (or at least 4 days minimum). Plus i get bored and why not work the abs and forearms?
I understand having strong forearms and abs, I just don't think they need direct work. If you are consistently lifting heavy stuff off the floor (no straps), your forearms will get STRONG. Squatting will strengthen the core, it my not cause the hypertrophy those chasing a 6 pack are looking for, but they will be strong.

Go take a look at the Westside stuff, that is geared for highschool athletes, strength does not(necessarily) mean hypertrophy. By increasing the frequency, your body will adapt to the work that you are doing, by adapting, you get more efficient at doing the exercise at that load, ie you can lift heavier stuff the same amount of times. You get stronger.

Good luck with your goals.

X

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
What is a few weeks? 3? If you followed the real 5x5, your progression would be even less than what you are lifting now. You need to pick something and stick with it until it stops working. How do you know when it stops working? Take good notes every session. Watch trends in sets/reps over time. If you are jumping around routine to routine, reps/sets, etc. how do you gauge if what you are doing is working?

I understand having strong forearms and abs, I just don't think they need direct work. If you are consistently lifting heavy stuff off the floor (no straps), your forearms will get STRONG. Squatting will strengthen the core, it my not cause the hypertrophy those chasing a 6 pack are looking for, but they will be strong.

Go take a look at the Westside stuff, that is geared for highschool athletes, strength does not(necessarily) mean hypertrophy. By increasing the frequency, your body will adapt to the work that you are doing, by adapting, you get more efficient at doing the exercise at that load, ie you can lift heavier stuff the same amount of times. You get stronger.

Good luck with your goals.

X
Yea I am about 3 weeks away until I just take a full week off from lifting. So then I will switch to either DC or 5x5. But im confused on those 2 programs still.

Alright i'll look into the WS program. It did look good. Thanks.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Yea I am about 3 weeks away until I just take a full week off from lifting. So then I will switch to either DC or 5x5. But im confused on those 2 programs still.

If you are an athlete vs. a BB'er, don't do DC or HST, both are geared towards hypertrophy instead of strength.

X

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established

I am starting a winter bulk currently, and I am using DC style training. I have a thread where I am keeping track of progress if you are interested.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I am starting a winter bulk currently, and I am using DC style training. I have a thread where I am keeping track of progress if you are interested.
Alright bro thanks i'll follow along.