Critique my diet....Please!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Ok I'm 6'0 20 years old and i'm weighing in at about 176lbs. I'm no sure what my bf is but I'd have to say no higher than 9%. I'm looking to do a bulk and add a good bit of lean muscle. Last winter I did a bulk from 170 to 190 without any supplements except protein. I had it cut short because of severe illness for a good two weeks. All in all I think I gained at least 4 solid lbs of muscle from the bulk. This year I'm looking to slowly add on the weight in hopes of getting to 185 but spring with minimal fat gains. I don't want to use any supplements besides protein just yet but I will if need be.

Sorry for the long intro but heres my diet.

7:00 a.m.
5 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, 8 oz of milk, 1 banana

9:00 a.m.
1 serving of Pro complex gainer... 600 calories 60 grams of protein and i think 75 grams of carbs

10:30 a.m.
1 can of tuna fish

12:30 p.m.
4 oz of ground turkey meat, or chicken, 8 oz milk, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 40 grams ground oats

2:00 p.m.
Whey protein shake 40 grams of protein

3:30 p.m.
2 tbs of peanut butter, 4 slices of whole wheat bread

6:00 p.m.
4 oz ground turkey or chicken, banana, 8 oz milk

8:30
Whey protein shake

Ok now I know I start to fall off towards the end of the day and that's where I need your help. Also I do eat more than listed because I eat whatever it is my parents are making for dinner that night. No worries though i don't over endulge myself with fattning foods. Most of the time they will make some kind of pasta or meat for dinner.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm 6'0 20 years old and i'm weighing in at about 176lbs. I'm no sure what my bf is but I'd have to say no higher than 9%. I'm looking to do a bulk and add a good bit of lean muscle. Last winter I did a bulk from 170 to 190 without any supplements except protein. I had it cut short because of severe illness for a good two weeks. All in all I think I gained at least 4 solid lbs of muscle from the bulk. This year I'm looking to slowly add on the weight in hopes of getting to 185 but spring with minimal fat gains. I don't want to use any supplements besides protein just yet but I will if need be.

Sorry for the long intro but heres my diet.

7:00 a.m.
5 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, 8 oz of milk, 1 banana

solid

9:00 a.m.
1 serving of Pro complex gainer... 600 calories 60 grams of protein and i think 75 grams of carbs

10:30 a.m.
1 can of tuna fish

Add in some healthy fats or complex carbs if possible.

12:30 p.m.
4 oz of ground turkey meat, or chicken, 8 oz milk, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 40 grams ground oats

2:00 p.m.
Whey protein shake 40 grams of protein

3:30 p.m.
2 tbs of peanut butter, 4 slices of whole wheat bread

I would add a clean protein souce here.

6:00 p.m.
4 oz ground turkey or chicken, banana, 8 oz milk

8:30
Whey protein shake

Ok now I know I start to fall off towards the end of the day and that's where I need your help. Also I do eat more than listed because I eat whatever it is my parents are making for dinner that night. No worries though i don't over endulge myself with fattning foods. Most of the time they will make some kind of pasta or meat for dinner.
Replies in the quote

Also when do you workout? Also your missnig your vegetables, I know they can be annoying but very important. Do you take in anything before bed?

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Thanks for the reply! Before bed I usualy have some kind of low fat yogurt basically as a cheat food if I didn't go out with my friends for a little something to eat. And I usually lift around 4:30 when I get home from school.

Would it be sufficient to add say a few ounces of brown rice around 10:30 to up my complex carbs. Also how about I add a few ounces of skinless chicken breast to my meal at 3:30.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a solid plan man, adding in chicken breasts and brown rice is always a good plan if you are looking for extra calories.

Also the yogurt is a good pre-bed meal but you may want to look into a little slower digesting protein. Yogurt has a decent amount of casein but you may also want to take in some natural peanut butter or something to aid in the long fast while your sleeping.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Ok, thanks for the help man...time to start my gaining!