Pre-bed Shake

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys i need a pre-bed shake. want some slow digesting material to supply my body with protein throughout the night.. atm i havent got a clue, so im thinking of maybe blending some oats with whey protein powder and throwin in some flaxseed to slow digestion?

Anyone got a good recipe they use?

Thanks

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
If you like Chocolate and sort of a malt flavor try the Dorian Yates Pro Peptide protein. I have a buddy that drinks it every night before bed and he stays full all night. its about $28 for the 2lb tub of it. the only thing is its kinda hard to mix so i suggest a blender bottle or blender.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Trueprotein.com has a few nice pre bedtime custom mixes available.

Tattooed76

Tattooed76

Awards
If you can afford it Syntha-6 is really good and it tastes great but it's kind of pricey. Other than that cottage cheese and a couple tablespoons of natural peanut butter is good for nightime protein.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I like the MHP Probolic-SR its a 12 hour release protein that leaves you feeling nice and full when you wake up. Occasionally Ill have a whey protein shake, with a few tablespoons of Cottage Cheese.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Cottage Cheese + Flax Seed Oil + Broccoli is my staple at night. Sometimes Ill drop the broccoli if Im lazy or switch in Natty PB for the flax but either way its a soilid pre-bed meal (I try to always get the flax just for the added hormonal benefits it gives.)

If your looking for a fast pre bed item your best bet is to pick up one of the aforementioned casein protein poweders and mix it with some milk. It tastes great and is fast.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Cottage Cheese + Flax Seed Oil + Broccoli is my staple at night. Sometimes Ill drop the broccoli if Im lazy or switch in Natty PB for the flax but either way its a soilid pre-bed meal (I try to always get the flax just for the added hormonal benefits it gives.)

If your looking for a fast pre bed item your best bet is to pick up one of the aforementioned casein protein poweders and mix it with some milk. It tastes great and is fast.
how do you have your cottage cheese? ive never had it before. any favourite?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Luckily I love the stove staight up and dont have to add anything to it. I hear though from those who cant eat it plain that adding cinnammon is a good way to flavor it up a bit.

Check out the recipes section theres a couple of cottage cheesew threads in there.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
how do you have your cottage cheese? ive never had it before. any favourite?
I like the pinapple cottage cheese. Its not really flavored. It just has small pinaplle chunks in it. Its not bad tasting and you can actually eat it down by itself. Reg cottage cheese taste like ass imo.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
i like to mix 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop casein protein, 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1 banana and skim / soy milk.

The fat in the peanut butter slows digestion and the casein protein digests slowly as well. good luck

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop chocolate whey protein mixed w 1 cup low fat cottage cheese + natty pb/ fish oils to further slow absorption. i just tried this last night and it tasted just like rice pudding. no gross cottage cheese taste either w the whey mixed in.