testosterone?

kev

Awards
hi there,
it just a quick newbie question how does increasing my testosterone help me bulk up?

kev

Awards
hi there,
i have been trying to but every site tell's you something different,i was wanting some info off people that know whats what, mayb what i have read is wrong

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
hi there,
it just a quick newbie question how does increasing my testosterone help me bulk up?
Its one of numerous factors, but indirectly no...do research to figure out what else is needed. Bulking is a puzzle and you need to figure out all the pieces of puzzle

quigley

Awards
  • Established
google it.

Dont worry about the physics of it all, basically testosterone helps muslce build faster. You sound like ur new to bulking in which case u dont need to know anything at all about testosterone, cause u can make massive gains without introducing more into your body.

If however your considering increasing your testosterone, id reccommend a form of tribulus, a natural herb which will do the trick without the side effects.

Nathan

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
1. Before any recommendation how old are you?

etc

1. What is your diet like?

2. How many times are you eating a day?

3. What kind of lifting routine are you performing?

4. What kind of cardio do you do?

5. How often do you lift or do cardio a week?

6. Do you sleep a full 8hrs a night?

7. Where do babies come from? No seriously where!! I need to know!

soon2bHUGE

Awards
first of all go to d gym n work out hard. u will notice it or people will notice it if ur ready 2 know test. by then, everything will fall into place. good luck n hit d metals!

kev

Awards
hi neoborn,
thanks for the reply, i'm 25yrs old iv always been super slim due to high motabolism, i have been lifting weights for a yr but only just started to take it seriouse, my diet is good i think, i eat 4 meals a day or try to, with snacks inbetween i play football twice a week and work out 3 times a week, i sleep ok (got an 18mnt old son). need some help with a good lifting routine i do full body every time

many thanks
kev

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
First of all man, good job, I am sure juggling work life plus a newborn baby is tough! :thumbsup:

Here is something I post now and then to help people:

1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

Most importantly do you see the order of these things?

Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.

1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

3. Leg press

4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
I would highly suggest making a log of what you eat for about 2 weeks. This way you will realy know what your eating.