How to....low glycemic pwo carbs?

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of making a transition from high glycemic post workout carbs to slow glycemic, because I am more of an endomorph. For me, I would have 30g dextrose and 30g whey, followed by a complete meal with slow carbs/protein/veggies 45mins later. For the people who use low GI carbs pwo: what is you timing and makeup of your immediate pwo meal and the meal after??

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I'm endo also. I find afer my workout right away when i get home have a cup of green tea. It keeps you feeling light and has good antioxidants. Within 10 minuted of that i slam some BCAAs then 10 minuted after that i have my shake with ProLab Carb Complex. 15 min after i have my meal. Your body needs sometime after you WO before you start shoving stuff in, it's not focused on digestion but more so moving "stuff"(general i know) around. So slowly intaking Nutrients PostWO will help it get ready for the meal.
I noticed that i was doing my shake right when i got home, felt too full and couldn't have anyhting for awhile. So i tried this a few times and it is nic.
The green tea will help keep burning fat a bit too.

Sorry about the length. Everyone is different though and i hope yo find somehting that works.