Oatmeal/oats while bulking

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
complex carbs. you need em :). oats whole wheat breads those are some examples of complex carbs. make sure your oats arent 1 minute oats tho. the grounded oats make a huge difference. eat em down with milk and honey. it pretty good actually.

Lander

Lander

Awards
complex carbs. you need em :). oats whole wheat breads those are some examples of complex carbs. make sure your oats arent 1 minute oats tho. the grounded oats make a huge difference. eat em down with milk and honey. it pretty good actually.
I have never heard about these 1 minute oats... I buy the big box of Quaker Oats at costco, they are like 2.5 pounds, 2 big bags usually lasts me about 2 weeks at around 4 cups a day, and they cook up with water in the microwave in about 2 minutes or so.... are these oats different than something that would be a better source of carbs?

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
i blend em up with my protein shake with a banana and peanut butter yummy

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how people blend oats with there shakes... it is disgusting. With me the oats all fall to the bottom and really make the shake taste like sweaty ass. I just eat oatmeal.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how people blend oats with there shakes... it is disgusting. With me the oats all fall to the bottom and really make the shake taste like sweaty ass. I just eat oatmeal.
give it a shake before every sip you take works for me

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
grind your oats in a coffee grinder and continuosly swirl/shake your shake in between swigs...i actually prefer my shakes with oats in them.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
i use a professional blender at my gym since i work there. maybe it makes a difference?

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
i have never heard about there being a difference between 1 min quaker oats and the regular kind. i've always eaten the quick kind and it works fine for satisfying my hunger.

i mix protein in my oatmeal and eat it. this actually tastes pretty damn good, depending on what protein you use. good replacement for sugar :lol:

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I always thought the 1-min instant oats were simply pre-ground regular oats.

ironwill

ironwill

Awards
:fool2: I'm downing 3C of oatmeal a day now with my turkey/chicken and things are working out. Still trying to figure out why my weight is barely going anywhere though!! And I'm not even doing any cardio either besides simply walking. But I am lifting intensely 5 days a week starting this week coming off my 6 days week workouts. A good hour too!!!

Scott

Am testing a few more supps out to see what happens... if I feel nothing, then going back to old school for me!!!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If your lifting for 5 days, and all out intense, what is the expenditure of energy out?

You may just be at maintainence dose of calories, if your spending that much energy out... plus what type of work do you do daily? If your job is heavy work, then that'll take energy also...

If your diet is intact, and your lifting intense (heavy, not extra volume) and your not moving body weight, then your not taking in enough calories ... or, as i stated, your just burning more than your taking in, still.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Oats = Healthy Carbs + Lot of Calories = 1 of the Ultimate Bulking foods.

BullzEye

BullzEye

Awards
There is nothing wrong with 1 minute oats. They simply have a greater surface area vs. volume, making them cook quicker.

Grinding oats and putting them in a shake serves the same principle.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
oats is what race horses are feed guys, they go nuts on that stuff and have you seen what kind of muscle they carry

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ate steel cut oats for a while, but there are a ton of cereals/grains out there to experiment with. I actually really enjoy oat bran as a change to just plain oats, and theres some 10 grain cereals out there that are pretty good. Also you can try spelt flakes, which are like rolled oats with a different flavour. Just keep experimenting

A good place to look for more breakfast cereal ideas is Bob's Red Mill - V2 - Whole Grain and Gluten Free Products and Recipes They have some great quality cereals and grains among many things there, and you can either order online from them or find their stuff in local stores and just browse online.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys thing about Quina (keen-wa) it looks like it could be really good to add to a diet....just wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought of it?

quigley

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys thing about Quina (keen-wa) it looks like it could be really good to add to a diet....just wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought of it?
is that that rice stuff? heard it was really good, high in protein

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
is that that rice stuff? heard it was really good, high in protein
yeah...its grown in south america mostly....i think they said it has EAA's and more protein than milk and pretty much that it is a superfood .......im sure you can google it and find out more of the facts.... just wanted to see if anyone else used it and if it was a good fit in a diet

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mindgame Nutrition / Health 27
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
Weight Loss 4