First time bulking. comments plz

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
This is my first time really going for bulk, and i was wondering if i could have some of your opinions and help.

im 20, 188 lbs. 6'2 and no idea what my body fat is, im in good shape, so im sure its not too high, but i have no way to be sure exactly what it is.

MY SUPPS
- Size on
- N0-Xplode
- ON Whey Protein
- Shaklee Multi

This is how I'm planning on breaking down my workouts. Im working out 2 days on and 1 day off.

DAY 1
Chest/ Back/ calves/ Hams/ Abs

Day 2
Bis/ Tris/ Delts/ Gluts/ Quads
- I do a warmup set, for 12, then i do 3 sets of 8. And i have 3-4 different workouts for each body part

Then i take a day off and repeat. I'm trying to take in around 300 grams of protein each day and taking the suggested amount of Sizeon and N0-xplode that is on the tubs.
Any comments/ criticisms are helpful, thanks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats a little bit close together for workouts, hitting a body area again with only 2 rest days inbetween, but it could work ok. part of the bad thing is that its hard to do true isolation on chest, so you are working bis/tris then too. So you work them day 1, work them day 2, then only 1 day rest before workign them 2 days in a row again. You planning on MT rest W ThF rest SSu start again?

R

rocksolid84

Awards
This is my first time really going for bulk, and i was wondering if i could have some of your opinions and help.

im 20, 188 lbs. 6'2 and no idea what my body fat is, im in good shape, so im sure its not too high, but i have no way to be sure exactly what it is.

MY SUPPS
- Size on
- N0-Xplode
- ON Whey Protein
- Shaklee Multi

This is how I'm planning on breaking down my workouts. Im working out 2 days on and 1 day off.

DAY 1
Chest/ Back/ calves/ Hams/ Abs

Day 2
Bis/ Tris/ Delts/ Gluts/ Quads
- I do a warmup set, for 12, then i do 3 sets of 8. And i have 3-4 different workouts for each body part

Then i take a day off and repeat. I'm trying to take in around 300 grams of protein each day and taking the suggested amount of Sizeon and N0-xplode that is on the tubs.
Any comments/ criticisms are helpful, thanks.
wow, 2 days to work your whole body? It just seems to me that it defeats the purpose of lifting. If you used so many muscle groups to lift, well then they all have to rebuild and that means all the food you are eating and all the protein you are consuming gets divided into each muscle group, and of course the biggest ones take presidence. So on your first days your shoulders and chest should dominate the nutrient uptake, as will your quads on your second day

why not try a 4 days split where you try and incorporate 2 muscle groups, that way they all have a chance to heal and rebuild before tearing them down again.

For example

Chest/Bi
Sholders/tris
back/abs
legs

again this is just my $.02 so tell me what you think

Q

quigley

Awards
  • Established
wow, 2 days to work your whole body? It just seems to me that it defeats the purpose of lifting. If you used so many muscle groups to lift, well then they all have to rebuild and that means all the food you are eating and all the protein you are consuming gets divided into each muscle group, and of course the biggest ones take presidence. So on your first days your shoulders and chest should dominate the nutrient uptake, as will your quads on your second day

why not try a 4 days split where you try and incorporate 2 muscle groups, that way they all have a chance to heal and rebuild before tearing them down again.

For example

Chest/Bi
Sholders/tris
back/abs
legs

again this is just my $.02 so tell me what you think
The only reason a larger part of the body will dominate nutrient uptake is if there is a shortage of nutrients for the whole body. If there is a calorie surplus and enough nutrients to go around there'll be no problems.

As far as the training, im guessin he is using 1-2 exercises per body part with 1-2 heavy sets per exercise. The total volume per body part works out to be similiar to a split, but the body gets hit more often. Hypertrophy specific training, i believe the name is. Can be very effective and is used by alot of natural body builders, provided excellent nutrition is maintained.